When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

some idiot did it again

Star69

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand, and practice discretion, but.. You guys do realize RWG is the 3rd listing in a google search for "replica forum" right? Thats not exactly ninja. :ph34r:

Don't get me wrong, I agree with everyone. But this info is available for anyone that takes the time to look. I wouldn't consider this place underground. Just a little diiiirty. :spiteful:;)

It's not so much that we are trying to keep out of the public eye but more that we don't want to be shoving our wares under the gen collectors noses.

And the gen guys respect this, the lowdown on asad was passed to us from a gen mod.

Ken

it's all about low profile....

it's kinda like knowing some of your friends talk badly about your wife and them talking badly about her right in front of you... one you can ignore and the other demands action....

they know we're here... the more these "look at me" threads happen, the more worth the effort shutting down our world becomes...

Just got a confirmation from the RepGeek admins: Gone from there too.

Like I said, banning people is never nice... and Navigater probably didn't think his posts were damaging us. And yes, a lot of people in the gen forums know this community, and lots of our members own very impressive gens too... and have a "double identity" in the gen forums... and just pretend to despise the "fakes" over there. It's part of the game, and absolutely nothing wrong with that. Don't embarrass yourself and go there as a "replica expert". Those guys aren't idiots, they're well aware of the high-end reps.

Posting rep pictures from our community is like smoking a joint in the lobby of a police station. Or talking about illegal drugs in the med forums. Do you really think the doctors aren't aware of them... they still don't necessarily want to discuss the illegal stuff publicly... or want to see some morons crawling under their rock... to their forum and give "insider" tips how to inject heroin properly. These are illegal counterfeit watches!!!

Some gen forums are sponsored by watch brands, do you think they want to see pictures of "super reps"? The Hublot CEO thing was a sad example of "bad publicity" for the rep community.

All three forums want to give a message to our members this way... good showing by RWG, RWI and RG!

Just don't do it!

Won't he get [censored] off if he gets banned?

What's to stop him from revealing the rep forums?

Nothing, of course.

But like I said, many people in the gen community already know the rep forums. These are not "secret" forums, they can be found from Google... that's not the point.

The gen forum admins don't generally want to see counterfeit watches over there, either. TZ, for example, deletes all such threads. I'm sure they don't want links to counterfeit watch forums, either.

Navigater broke our "code", and he's gone from here. That's the only thing I care right now.

Yes, he earned good money, bought himself a gen maybe and now he's one of them! Sure. :)

I was thinking the same thing...There must be some sort of alien space ray that zaps you as soon as you mod a few watches for money, turning you instantly into a jack a$$. The Zigmeister, of course, never takes off his alien-jack-a$$-ray preventing tin foil hat, but so many have fallen.

I was thinking the same thing...There must be some sort of alien space ray that zaps you as soon as you mod a few watches for money, turning you instantly into a jack a$$. The Zigmeister, of course, never takes off his alien-jack-a$$-ray preventing tin foil hat, but so many have fallen.

Unfortunately this reminds me of some other notorious modders that crossed the line and were banned :(

Always sad to ban, but this was a clear case.

Let me just ask you guy's one thing.

Isent it better to post a rep on the gen forum and show them what they have to look out for to NOT be scammed, isent it better for the forum to warn them what is out there? I think many of the gen forum people can be thankfull that navi is showing them this. I cant read whats in the topic and what navi wrote but showing pics of the rep VS gen is that bad? And banning him for that, ruls are ruls i know...

//robi

Our forums are mainly intended to protect rep buyers from scammers, not to protect gen buyers from being scammed with reps. That's why the hardcore gen lovers don't like us too much and as a consequence we try not to rub it in their face how good our reps are. So whatever Navi posted, he draw unnecessary attention to us.

Our forums are mainly intended to protect rep buyers from scammers, not to protect gen buyers from being scammed with reps. That's why the hardcore gen lovers don't like us too much and as a consequence we try not to rub it in their face how good our reps are. So whatever Navi posted, he draw unnecessary attention to us.

Well, we frequently report auction scams as well. There is a rule that applies to both stories: Reps are fun, fraud is not!

But of course there

you don't need to warn anybody in the gen forum :)

the topic has already over 6000 hits there ..... this is too much unwanted attention for our hobby ;)

cheers,

Frank

On a more positive note:

This is the first German watch forum I ever looked in, I guess I am too long in the US already.

Some of the comments are really pretty funny :)

Like one guy wrote: 'Easy to spot the rep - the 12 o'clock marker is really centered :):):) ' - like on the gen it isn't always.

Another one about the remark that the rehaut engraving is not symetrical on the rep said that he was at an AD in Hamburg looking at this gen GMT and the rehaut was about 3mm off center. :p

One guy several pages in wrote 'wouldn't it be funny if the guy now said: Oh it actually was the left one that is the rep!' Everybody had a laugh at that.

Another one said ' he should not have told which one is the rep - I bet 30% would have guessed the wrong one.'

I am not saying that it is right that he did that listing, I am all for flying under the radar so we can keep going. But some people really enjoyed that posting in Germany and will be more allert when they buy their next gen.

On a more positive note:

This is the first German watch forum I ever looked in, I guess I am too long in the US already.

Some of the comments are really pretty funny :)

Like one guy wrote: 'Easy to spot the rep - the 12 o'clock marker is really centered :):):) ' - like on the gen it isn't always.

Another one about the remark that the rehaut engraving is not symetrical on the rep said that he was at an AD in Hamburg looking at this gen GMT and the rehaut was about 3mm off center. :p

One guy several pages in wrote 'wouldn't it be funny if the guy now said: Oh it actually was the left one that is the rep!' Everybody had a laugh at that.

Another one said ' he should not have told which one is the rep - I bet 30% would have guessed the wrong one.'

I am not saying that it is right that he did that listing, I am all for flying under the radar so we can keep going. But some people really enjoyed that posting in Germany and will be more allert when they buy their next gen.

ive read the thread too on the gen-board... long time ago i also did sign in there.

and yes you are right, just reading the posts and reactions first made me laugh too ;)

for sure its not simple as 1, 2, 3 to sum everything up but in the end i think it

stroke too much attention (again) on the quality of some high-end reps and on

the hobby of the collectors down here and on other rep-boards.

its true that the ppl that are into buying a gen have to be careful and if you put it

that way the post could have done some kind of "preventative help".

but the point is that most of the gen collectors DO already KNOW that

if your into purchasing a gen, especially over the i-net, you have to be damn careful!

no one of these guys needs some kinda "special admittance" to our site...

silence is sometimes golden B) fact is that producing/collecting reps is an ILLEGAL Biz

and producing/collecting gens not!! (unless they are not stolen lol)

and thats why you have to be careful, the legal biz can always f_uck down the illegal biz!

if someones into collecting and comparing reps to the real thing and/or collecting maybe

both type of items (gens/reps) i guess a persons like this would receive a "warm welcome"

on the rep-boards, but precondition is ALWAYS some kind of discreetness and sure instinct

when dealing with the illegal... although much of the people responding to the post

of the banned member were pretty stoked of the qualitiy of the rep shown.

i guess not all members were very happy seeing that the asian-rep-factories did once again

come a few points nearer to the real thing they just did spent their hard earned bucks on <_<

Remember: Why accepting the risk of "helping" one member on a public gen-board

with posting pics of a rep, showing of the quality or the flaws, if most of the people there

would ANYWAY consult their known ADs for buying a gen and accept the HUGE loss of them

(mainly the gen-industry) to F_U C K us up???

We can just annoy them with pics of a "perfect" rep, they can shut us down...

Just my 2

ive read the thread too on the gen-board... long time ago i also did sign in there.

............Remember: Why accepting the risk of "helping" one member on a public gen-board

with posting pics of a rep, showing of the quality or the flaws, if most of the people there

would ANYWAY consult their known ADs for buying a gen and accept the HUGE loss of them

(mainly the gen-industry) to F_U C K us up???

We can just annoy them with pics of a "perfect" rep, they can shut us down...

Just my 2

I am with you George - I don't supose you saw my flying under the radar is better comment???

nope i didnt...

sorry i maybe somehow lost control, got lyric... and replied to much on this issue

with this certain guy... but i dont get it why things like this seem to happen

over and over and over again... that makes me somehow angry although

the worst case scenario didnt happen rite now and today.

We do still exist :animal_rooster:

but some smartass shouldnt tempt the fate too much.

maybe its just cause "we" arent ready to discuss things like that

in the open right now...

i mean we can give it a second try if we have the "one-world-government"

run by the nwo and satan :diablo::shock: to discuss things like replicas frankly in the open wtf?!

george

• 4 weeks later...

Having ben around replica fora for some time I have come to the conclusion that the attention replicas occasionally get on genuine fora is of no serious concern for RWG. I respect the genuine collectors and their sites and I can easily understand their trouble with how great many replicas look nowadays and I am not surprised at their ridicule of how awfull poor most replicas are....difficult to reconcile those two worlds for most people

Quick question...

Can't anyone jump on a forum, right-click a pic and select "copy link location", and then embed that link in another forum? When users from the first forum check on the origin of the pics, they would point back to the user (photobucket tag) that they were stolen from. I am not sure who did what but I do know it would be very easy to frame someone.

Just my .02

Many people here own gens as well as reps & post on gen websites as well as rep sites. And as long as you respect the dividing line between the 2 worlds, everyone can go about their business without causing the other side alot of grief.

But there are 2 things that especially trouble me about this case. For 1 thing, the person involved definitely knew the rules against posting reps on gen sites. Secondly, he did it essentially to say 'Look at what these bad rep people are up to!!!!!', when in fact he is 1 of the more prominent individuals involved. It is the holier than thou attitude of people like this (& they are legion on TZ) that really bothers me & which makes this particular indiscretion all the more troubling. He really ought to be banned from the gen site where he posted the rep pictures as well. Banning him here simply curtails his repping activities, but it allows him to carry on mostly undeterred & without limits. However, I doubt his crusade would carry much weight in the gen forums if the gen world became aware of how actively involved he was in the rep world.

Good points in this thread. For what it is worth I have quite a few Gens and was on the Gen sites long before I came to the Rep sites. I NEVER talk about my Reps to the Gen crowd untill I meet the individual and "feel" him/her out personally. I do not do this out of embarrassment, but respect. On the other hand, quite a few Gen collectors I have met have a secret interest in the "good" Reps and are blown away when they see one - of course they (Gen collectors) don't talk openly about Reps in any accepting way to their Gen collecting buddies and that is just the way it is.

I beleive it shows a huge lack of comon sense to go on any of the Gen sites and bring attention to the "Rep World"

Just plain stupid on so many levels...

Edited by jake48