When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The end of an era...

Admin

TRC will always be a great memory! it was, like more members already said, the first really big forum that prevented so many of us of spening way too much of garbage or scamdeals. The last few years it was a calm oasis and it was always good to check it out, but i think this move was inevetable. RWG is more alive and kicking... but never forget the huge knowledgebase called TRC :D

Thanx to T for starting that place and offering us all such an incredible place to share knowlege, experience and joy together :1a:

... Would it be possible to make a quiet corner here for the older members from there (the die hards who stayed for so long) to enjoy the passing of time?...

Andy... you old fart... :bleh: but honetsly... i would love to hang out with you in an oldtimers corner :D

The end of an era indeed. I think this is the best move however. We have definately moved into a new era and RWG is in the forefront. I will miss TRC as I was member #159 (I believe) and have had an incredible 5 years there.

I like many, migrated to TRC from RWCC and eventually ended up here. I look forward to many more years here at RWG and appreciate all of the hard work the Admin team has put in over the years. It is truly a privledge to have been a part of THE original site that started it all and helped make this hobby what it is today.

My first watch forum too.

Fortunately for all of us, Thomas made the right decision at the right time, and RWG will carry on.

TRC will be sadly missed, but here we all are.

Lots of fond memories for many of us there.

But...these, are the good old days.

I had been collecting reps for 20+ years before I ever joined a forum. TRC was not my first one and I never really posted there. But I did use it as a resource and it will still be there for that. I am glad to see this forum will still be going strong. I don't really post here much either but I should. You guys really stepped up and kept the focus on the hobby after the original RWG fell apart. Keep up the good work.

Oh and I do graphics work. So if there's an idea for a sig picture let me know.

Edited by fakemaster

hi there

TRC was my home, it was the shade in the desert... the hut in the beach where you could see the rep world move a little slower compared to the city of the newer rep fora... It's good to come here and see a huge number of oldtimers which were missed in a daily basis over there.

TRC was, as we like to do, repped into a number of boards of different quality, A, A+, A++, AAA+... letting the old guy die slowly, while the new ones grew rapidly into these great boards.

This place looks really very much like TRC in its boiling times, from 2002 to 2005 and part of 2006, so it doesn't look too different. The only ugly part is that some guys like me just lost our jobs with the TRC closing... at least we have good friends that were already here. I won't deny I'm very sad for this, as I see the old gentlemans' club is no longer there... the rep WIS has no more plan B when this huge beast goes offline.

As part of the TRC admin team I apreciate all the support we've had this days and looking forward into the future I hope that being altogether reunited into one bigger, faster and louder 2.0 board will be lots of fun and full of new watches to be aware of... Probably I'll be quieter as of now, but still very present in the background.

We're changing the place but not the interest or our friends.

thanks to all who made TRC possible, Thomas, my fellow co-admins and all the community.

Cheers!

Chino.

PS: an oldtimer club would be encouraging. :p

Hi everyone. I started out in TRC way back in 2002 and never really left until now. I joined RWG a few days ago. Be kind and I look forward to many more good years in here. I'll always be grateful to Thomas and the admins out there for introducing me to this expensive hobby.

RVD.