When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Top-10 Quality Replicas...

By-Tor

We've done this so many times...but why not update the situation? To refresh everyone's memory.

My top-10 list of reps that don't exist, but would definitely sell among the community:

1. Breitling Chronomat (steel and TT). Definitely my #1 favourite Breitling. We've seen so many great

Breitings and I want to believe it's just a matter of time when this one surfaces. Actually, I find it quite amazing that this very famous and popular Breit haven't been repped.

78511-30894.jpg

78511-30895.jpg

2. Hublot Bing Bang. I mean, how can you NOT love the design of this watch? There have been some rep attempts but I'd be glad to buy a high quality version.

78511-30896.jpg

3. More Ebels. I've said this many times: There are lots of beautiful variations in the 1911 and Tarawa series.

78511-30897.jpg

78511-30898.jpg

4. TAG Aquaracer 2000 Chronograph (blue dial). It's beyond me why they don't want to properly replicate a watch model that would sell like hotcakes. Yes, the quartz model exists but the reports aren't that great.

78511-30899.jpg

5. Tudor Submariner. These genuines have expoded in value. I'm 100% sure this model would sell.

78511-30900.jpg

6. Zenith El Primero. Come on!!! Give us at least SOMETHING from this legendary series.

78511-30901.jpg

7. Rolex vintage GMT Master. This would sell so much, it's not even funny. All attempts to replicate this watch have been more or less laughable. Even the MBW model is horrible.

78511-30902.jpg

8. Tudor Tiger Chronograph. Why not?

78511-30903.jpg

9. Rolex modern SeaDweller. Personally, I'm not that interested but lots of people would like to buy a modern SD with correct case thickness. Rep factories still use the Sub case which is inaccurate.

78511-30904.jpg

10. TAG Autavia. Another watch that doesn't "speak" to me (design wise), but it's one of the most sought after TAG reps in the community (along with Monaco).

78511-30905.jpg

I'm sure you have something to add here. ;)

Those Breitling Chronomats are sure beautiful. i would not hesitate to go for the TT version. My lawyer has one of those and it makes me hungry for one but then i can't afford the real thing.

I am very much in for a higher quality Heuer Monaco too.

And a much better Zenith Elprimero too. i purchased one from joshua about 1 years ago sold it but the quality was not quite there for me to keep.

Yeah, Super Avenger too. What really puzzles me about Chronomat...we have almost all different Breitlings repped (better or worse) why the hell there's no Chronomat rep? It has the same subdial arrangement as the Serie Speciale rep.

I understand that the demand for TAG, Ebel and Zenith, Tudor and Hublot isn't so great, but Chronomat...come on!!! That's very, very popular and highly recognizable watch.

Yeah, Super Avenger too. What really puzzles me about Chronomat...we have almost all different Breitlings repped (better or worse) why the hell there's no Chronomat rep? It has the same subdial arrangement as the Serie Speciale rep.

I understand that the demand for TAG, Ebel and Zenith, Tudor and Hublot isn't so great, but Chronomat...come on!!! That's very, very popular and highly recognizable watch.

Yeah fascinates me too! I've previously owned a chronomat TT rep. It was actually quartz miyota movt, plated brass, no screws band, mineral glass etc. rep but it looked great. There are still plenty of Asian 21J reps out there as well as similar accurate bracelet reps out there. Makes me wonder why a pretty basic case (which already exists in these reps) and a pretty basic movt can't be repped. One day it will come and one day I'll buy one really quick! Breitlings are one of my favorite brands out there. The first automatic chronograph! Its like a sacrilige to own a not chronograph Breitling!

Anyways, one too many beers tonight, but you get the idea!

Cheers!

Jon :victory:

Hmmm... That's a pretty well-covered list... esp the Hublot, Ebel, Zenith, SD, vintage GMT, Aquaracer, Tudor TIGER Chrono and Seamaster Chrono... damn! That's almost the whole of Bt-Tor's list!! :p:1::p:1:

Btw, that TAG Autavia's profile reminds me of a Rado Diastar... :o

• 1 year later...
A good Tag Monaco has been requested so many times by so many people that I'm baffled why it isn't happening. It is not as though it is a super comlex, super expensive design like the Hublots. What's the problem with this one?

I'm not a movement expert, but from what I heard is that there are no current automatic movements with the seconds dial @3 and the date @6. I hope one day the rep makers ar eable to make an Asian 2894....

My first rep was actually a quartz version of the black Monaco Chrono. The dial was reasonable, but the date wheel was white instead of black, the shape of the chrono pushers were wrong and I think the dimension of the case was also off. Too bad.... It's still one of my favorite watches I'd really like to see repped!

Here's a nice link with a nice Monaco collection: http://www.thewatchquote.com/Tag-Heuer-Mon...age-No_5462.htm