When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A demand I surrender my Rolex watches.

georgegrasser

I received a notice from the GAF Counsel, attorneys for Rolex that I turn over all my Rolex replicas and pay Rolex USA $350, or face Civil and possibly Criminal litigation. :o

The demand states I cease and desist and give up my replica sources.

Anyone else have this problem? If I were not a Shackdweller I would actually be worried. Life certainly can't get any worse for me.

I received a notice from the GAF Counsel, attorneys for Rolex that I turn over all my Rolex replicas and pay Rolex USA $350, or face Civil and possibly Criminal litigation. :o

Anyone else have this problem? If I were not a Shackdweller I would actually be worried. Life certainly can't get any worse for me.

I really cant help you,but If your looking to sell them let me know-Joe-giant3324-Good luck to you 1 way or another

I really cant help you,but If your looking to sell them let me know-Joe-giant3324-Good luck to you 1 way or another

Yeah, lots of members have received these over the years. I think the best way to handle this was to completely ignore it. It's not your fault if someone sends you watches from China. You haven't ordered anything.

:bangin::black_eye:

Why would they want your reps? The $350's a weird figure, but nevermind... I know that importing reps is illegal, but I thought posession was okay... Are they trying to get you on imports?

Scary stuff indeed :o

Tell them lower their prices... ;):bicycle:

By-Tor:

But I tried to sell them on ioffer. Does that not put me in different category? Our overseas dealers are safe. Since I live in the US I would be easy pickings.

Giant:

Well I can't sell them now. I've been put on notice.

Edited by georgegrasser

One of your family members is playing a practical joke on you...

If not, I still don't think you have reason to worry. If they ask say "what watches?" "what letter?" "duhhh?? who are you people???" "harassment!" it works every time.

If Rolex contacts you & requests money, it will be alot more than $350. Generally, they demand the current face value of the gens. So I am assuming this is a joke.

In case it is not a joke, what are they accusing you of? Selling, buying, transporting......what is their claim & how did they locate you? Can you post a copy of the letter with your personal info redacted (or PM me a copy)?

But my ads were taken down Sir-Lancelot.

I'm not going to worry. Like I said life can't get any worse.

This is how I live.

http://firegeezer.com/wp-content/photos/do...iler_home_2.jpg

My reps keep me going as a reminder of what was and what can be again. I just don't want to have to give them up.

Edited by georgegrasser

I have a letter once from Rolex USA, asking to stop importing fakes, they caught a 1665 MBW that opaso sent me from Thailand. I told tht is did not order that watch and it was a mistake and they can do whatever they want with the watch.

Good luck

What should be done is that you send a notice to the GAF Counsel as a counter to their demand and you demand that the GAF Counsel surrender to the Los Angeles chapter of the Crips gang, for a series of roundhouse kicks to the cranium. ;)

Guest avitt
But my ads were taken down Sir-Lancelot.

I'm not going to worry. Like I said life can't get any worse.

This is how I live.

http://firegeezer.com/wp-content/photos/do...iler_home_2.jpg

My reps keep me going as a reminder of what was and what can be again. I just don't want to have to give them up.

Chin up, George! It looks like you're above the median for FL.

George,

You are small change compared to some of the guys Rolex goes after. Their demand was posturing to scare you. They know they will never be able to turn a profit going after Joe Blow...or in this case George Blow. They sent Bryan Blow (me) a threatening letter a couple of years ago, and the advice then, holds true now. COMPLETELY ignore it. Do not acknowledge it, do not respond to it. But also, do not mess up and get back on the radar again. Besides, if you were to turn your watches over, it would be a defacto admission of guilt. That's my best and only advice.

Bryan

Yes it is an official letter and as By-Tor has already stated a number of members have received them before, the usual way of dealing with it was to simply ignore.

GAF is just casting around trying to reel these sellers in the easy way and the $350 is nothing more than to cover their cost's, give yourself a slap on the wrist for trying to sell them on iOffer in the first place but then move on and forget about it.

Ken

What should be done is that you send a notice to the GAF Counsel as a counter to their demand and you demand that the GAF Counsel surrender to the Los Angeles chapter of the Crips gang, for a series of roundhouse kicks to the cranium. ;)

AAHH HA HA HA HA!

Classic!

Yea...I always have a counter offer to BS scare tactics.

That smell like a SCAMMING... Somebody try to go fishing ... Here's my usal smileys for this situation:

:fishing1:

IGNORE THIS LETTER.