When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Gen Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 43mm case

Defender110

The New Rolex Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA Watch. 43mm stainless steel case with Ring Lock System allowing the watch to withstand 2.98 metric tonnes of water pressure, unidirectional rotating ceramic bezel, black dial, long lasting blue luminescent hands and hour markers, and Oyster bracelet with Glidelock adjustable clasp. Water resistant to of 12,800 feet (3,900 meters) with helium excape valve for extreme depths diving.

post-1967-1215793888_thumb.jpg

Haven't seen one at my AD yet!!!

If that is yours big congrats. It is the first new Rolex I have been interested in for quite a while. If I can get the money together I am wondering if buying the first year and sticking in a safe deposit box for my kids might be a good idea. Any thoughts?

I would say that is a bad idea. For all you know, your kids might not value it as you do and you will have cheated yourself out of the pleasure of owning and wearing this fine timepiece. I would suggest that if you purchase one, wear it and enjoy it often. Your kids will then have a genuine family heirloom that was worn and cared about by their father rather than just a new watch that was put on a shelf for someone else to enjoy.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Curious how you managed to pick that up already... I was told that they would not be available until September. I am the first name on the list at one of my local AD's and the money is safely set aside. Some think this thing is a bad example of a Rolex. I think it is a perfect example of "The New Rolex".

Congrats if that is yours!

The New Rolex Oyster Perpetual Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA Watch. 43mm stainless steel case with Ring Lock System allowing the watch to withstand 2.98 metric tonnes of water pressure, unidirectional rotating ceramic bezel, black dial, long lasting blue luminescent hands and hour markers, and Oyster bracelet with Glidelock adjustable clasp. Water resistant to of 12,800 feet (3,900 meters) with helium excape valve for extreme depths diving.

post-1967-1215793888_thumb.jpg

I am confused, isn't that James Dowling's wrist?

How do you know it is James Dowling? :g: And who is he? In truth Discovery110 never said it was his. He may be doing us the courtesy of showing us a pic under normal conditions. I just assumed it was his.

kruz-

James Dowling is a knowledge authority (among many) of the Rolex brand, a dealer of vintage pieces, and also a writer/author of books pertaining to the subject.

:)

Regardless of who's wrist it is...

I think it's obvious [at least to me] that the pic was taken at an AD...

Most likely with a camera phone...

The watch in the background is probably what just came off his wrist prior to the SD going on...

Thanks for the post Discovery...

TT

PS: I can't believe some of the replies peeps get to their topics... -_-

At last, I've been waiting for someone to produce a watch that will let me go 3.9 km deep !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Guest carlsbadrolex

You have to admit, that is a very famous wrist (if you are a Rolex collector). How many books has he published now with pics of his wrist wearing rare Rolex watches?

when & who will be th 1st to rep this thing ;) ,

I hope its a while if we want it to be any good. First the watch should be released, bought by the factory or a dealer, then torn down and used as a template to make the rep. Hopefully the days of "picture reps" are done. Look at how many new reps have "made with genuine as sample" in the description.

Supposedly, the GMTII Ceramic was a 10 month process. So best case, the gen is released september, then bought by dealer(s) in oct, so that would make august a good time to start seeing a good version.

Of course they can use pics to get it out faster, but I wouldn't count on any gen parts fitting on. And that new diver's extension looks hard to replicate by pics, unless they look at the patent or something.