When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why RWI has removed Josh and Andrew as dealers

seanf

So... since this has all been discussed to death and nothing new is being revealed or will ever be revealed the question is.....

what now? As a forum what do we do now?

history is repeating itself here....I have seen this type of situation happen before and so has many other old timers. :victory:

Life will go on and we will all be more wise in the future...or will we?

I just posted the following on RG. I'm guessing this one won't even make it to five minutes, but I thought it was an important enough issue to try.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?p=341267#post341267

I'm under no illusions that this thread will last more than about five minutes, but I think it's important enough to at least try.

In a thread over on RWI, Daytona4Me has posted several screen captures of a IM transcript with former RG Admin Dawg. In this transcript, Dawg essentially admitted that Jandrew helped to create RG and they requested that TWP be removed as a dealer:

http://replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic...=a&start=20

There have been, by my count, at least ten separate RG threads about Jandrew that have either been deleted completely or locked and binned. The RG membership has, quite rightly, expressed some concern about this. The RG admin has stated that they are acting in the interests of the RG membership.

If that is true--and I have no reason to suspect that it is not-- than I believe the RG admin has an obligation to answer a simple question. What is the relationship between Jandrew and this forum? Was Dawg correct in saying that Jandrew helped to form RG?

I believe strongly that this is something that should be discussed and discussed freely on RG. The RG membership deserve an answer. And if this thread is deleted, as I suspect it will be, than I think that will serve as an answer in an of itself.

I just posted the following on RG. I'm guessing this one won't even make it to five minutes, but I thought it was an important enough issue to try.

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?p=341267#post341267

I'm under no illusions that this thread will last more than about five minutes, but I think it's important enough to at least try.

In a thread over on RWI, Daytona4Me has posted several screen captures of a IM transcript with former RG Admin Dawg. In this transcript, Dawg essentially admitted that Jandrew helped to create RG and they requested that TWP be removed as a dealer:

http://replica-watch.info/phpBB3/viewtopic...=a&start=20

There have been, by my count, at least ten separate RG threads about Jandrew that have either been deleted completely or locked and binned. The RG membership has, quite rightly, expressed some concern about this. The RG admin has stated that they are acting in the interests of the RG membership.

If that is true--and I have no reason to suspect that it is not-- than I believe the RG admin has an obligation to answer a simple question. What is the relationship between Jandrew and this forum? Was Dawg correct in saying that Jandrew helped to form RG?

I believe strongly that this is something that should be discussed and discussed freely on RG. The RG membership deserve an answer. And if this thread is deleted, as I suspect it will be, than I think that will serve as an answer in an of itself.

Well, looks like I was wrong about RG. The thread lasted two minutes, not five.

And I've just been banned at RG. Not even a PM. Can't say it's a surprise, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

<_< That was totally uncalled for. I for one won't be buying from Jandrew ever again, I applaud RWI for taking them down as dealers, I have had enough of the ZERO CQ, drop shipping and constant complains from other people, and now the harassment of other dealers to increase the prices. Even Ufanta delivers the goods better than the cartel does! and now they're threatening other dealers because they want to give US, the freaking CUSTOMERS a better deal!? That's REALLY [censored]ed up!

Edited by guanaco

what now? As a forum what do we do now?

As a forum, nothing--I think it's best left up to each individual member. My advice would be to think about who you are supporting and why. I don't care if someone donates a kidney for me, I'm not going to support them financially if I learn that they are ripping me off. And THAT is what it amounts to, we have all been ripped off.

I personally never bought anything from these guys, mainly because every time I wanted something I could get it somewhere else for less. So I suggest that those people who are stuck in their ways should look around at all the other great dealers you have to choose from, and give them a try. China is a pretty big place.

A lot of people have whipped up completely irrelevant comparisons to shady mob contracts and car dealerships; the point they are trying to make is this is just the way the world turns, so we should roll with it. Maybe, but when you catch someone red handed in your own backyard how do you continue whistling along like nothing happened?

And I've just been banned at RG. Not even a PM. Can't say it's a surprise, but it's disappointing nonetheless.

What exactly did you post?

What exactly did you post?

I quoted it up in post #305. Basically asking the RG to answer once and for all what kind of relationship the RG board has to Jandrew. Their refusal to answer the question, coupled with their banning of me, I think more or less confirms what D4M's screen captures show. Jandrew, for all intents and purposes, have a controlling interest in RepGeeks.

when all the TWP taking over the North America business started is when I was banned.

I simply asked Dawg why is he allowing Josh and Andrew to try and block TWP.

I believe Pug asked it about the same time. But I drew the heat.

Dawg wouldnt answer me and then Anubis jumped in on me.

I then asked him: "Are you dawgs keeper" jokingly, but he didnt think it was funny....lol

Natron

See?

THAT'S why is really annoys me when some poor noob gets slammed just for asking about an internet rep site. It's nasty.

What's the point of INSTINCTIVELY tagging untested sellers as "scams" or accusing the noob of being a "shill", when the biggest SCAMMERS are among the "trusted" ones?

What's the point of INSTINCTIVELY tagging untested sellers as "scams" or accusing the noob of being a "shill", when the biggest SCAMMERS are among the "trusted" ones?

No, they're still not as bad as the real scammers. The $1000 for a 21j faux chrono merchants are still way, way worse than the dealers here at their worst.

You and I don't quite see eye to eye on this mate (tho you are turning me) but you are correct. Banning you is hardly the way to handle that. Neither is refusing to answer your quite reasonable question (one quite a few would appear to be asking there from the sounds of it) and only makes the mud thicker. One has to wonder.

When boards, regardless of which one, start banning respected members of the comunity for posing a question I think we have a real problem. Why not just supply an answer if there's nothing untoward going on?

In deference to the wishes of the mods HERE thats (proberly) the last comment I will make on the subject of RG. I am not a member there (thats a good example of why as I like my free speach too much) so its realy NOMB anyway.

Off topic: Do you guys realy only pay 99 cents for 2ltr of Coke? Its 2.50 at the supermarket here, up to five bucks at a servo (gas station)! Sheeesh, I'm a com'n over!

Regards,

Col.

Neither is refusing to answer your quite reasonable question (one quite a few would appear to be asking there from the sounds of it) and only makes the mud thicker. One has to wonder.

They answered the question:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=28285

"By having accepted No dealer fees, requiring No dealer percentages and all funding coming entirely from its 2 member founders, [JC/Sy]RepGeek is able to expect excellence of its Vendors and add or remove a Vendor based strictly on non financial obligations."

I think that's fairly explicit.

Sorry but I have to disagree. All the best reps you probably own right now are projects of the cartel.

Sorry my friend but thats completely incorrect :) but its funny that you think that.. What gives you this impression? I am interested to know. The best reps right now are from the HBB factory.. like the new super avenger, graham diver and Version2 skyland.. Josh and andrew dont have the v2 skyland no matter what they tell you... they are selling a V1 skyland with better V2 dial becasue they took a beating on their V1 watch sales... I dont wanna give out too much information but anyone following the super reps lately knows about the HBB factory and their ultra reps. The HBB factory has nothing to do with the cartel i assure you.

One thing I do know about TWP is that he left a lot of members on RG without watches when he 'disappeared' screwing members over who had paid for watches and mods from him. Just to be clear - he left RG as a preferred dealer after screwing over many - not over some issue with Josh/Andrew.

when all the TWP taking over the North America business started is when I was banned.

I simply asked Dawg why is he allowing Josh and Andrew to try and block TWP.

I believe Pug asked it about the same time. But I drew the heat.

Dawg wouldnt answer me and then Anubis jumped in on me.

I then asked him: "Are you dawgs keeper" jokingly, but he didnt think it was funny....lol

Natron

Yet Angus is "supposedly" one of the other members of the Cartel. Now what do you do?

haha Angus is not part of the cartel i assure you.. Angus came out with the V2 skyland after the cartels V1 flopped.

haha Angus is not part of the cartel i assure you.. Angus came out with the V2 skyland after the cartels V1 flopped.

Dizz, to be completely accurate I think that should say "Angus is not part of the cartel any longer..." He absolutely was at one point. It was Josh, Andrew, King and Angus (perhaps one or two others?).