When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I didn't want to do this, but feel I have no choice

TeeJay

We believe that pricing issues, or inter dealer relationships, are the realm of the sellers and buyers, not something which should be an issue for the members of the admin team.

FWIW, (and I realize probably not much to some ;)) I could not possibly agree more with this stance. Furthermore, the RWG Admin team, IMO, has gone above in beyond in many cases to make sure fraudulence is dealt with in kind and to make sure it is inhibited to greatest extent possible going forward. So after that, whatever happens between dealers is best handled by individual buyers, who have the ability (and responsibility) to give their hard earned money only to those whose business practices and service pass muster.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No problems TeeJay.

Let's just agree that you had a bad hair day (pun intended). :D

baldsig.jpg

As it says, I'm not bald, it's a hairstyle ;)

Time for me to be turning in before I embarass myself further. Night all, best regards, and may peace be upon you all.

It was never my intention to make any allegations or cast aspersions on the integrity of anyone. My questions were meant with 100% honesty, 100% good will, and absolutely 0% malice or agenda.

My unreserved apologies to all.

Best regards, may peace be upon you all.

@TeeJay: I merged your other (apology) thread here, to your last post. I hope you don't mind.

It takes a big man to apologize.

Apology accepted. No harm done...

Let's have some watch talk now. :)

As a member of the forum it is my understanding that the Admin team is responsible for searching sites that could possibly lead to scams and rip offs.. ie. pics of genuine timepieces that never get delivered .. etc.

with that said I would just like to state the relevance of the question of... is the Admin team influenced by any of the Collector-dealers .... I am the member responsible for procuring the reps for the raffles... not Admin nor the Co-Admin nor any Mod...

The Reps are donated without exchange for favours.. or any other commodity,. be it complimentary reps or parts .. in other words .. I buy my reps like the rest of the members.. and nothing is done in return for anyone on the Admin Team.. nor myself ...

As i understand we have met our usage fee for the month thanks to the donations and upgrades from the raffles..

these raffles are not meant to be a profit maker for the forum and I as as a member am doing it to contribute to our community.. as all of you do also.. I am no different.. that is why you see a member doing this and not a mod.. checks and balances.. Admin and his team trust that I will do this for the good of the community and not personal agenda's .. the trust is sacred to me as it is with the Administration

Joshua and Andrew have donated the reps for the current raffles free of any collusion "we" are not being compromised in anyway, shape or form .... IMO if this keeps up on the board I will find it hard to gather donations which keeps us afloat.. so think wisely before asking the Admin team to do anything out of personal differences..

As has been said in the past "choose with your wallet"

I wanted to post this as there must be members wondering about my involvement with the raffles ... and questions that have risen concerning "Our" Admin team and what is going on with the other sites.... IMO Our Admin Team is here to take care of "our community" and to me are doing the best job on the net.. as I hope every site feels about their own Admin Team

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

@Client9... Nah, I won't say it. I recommend you do some reading before rubbing more salt in this wound.

Now did someone mention...............................

.......... a TRL? :Jumpy:

Wow! Bravo on the lack of maturity.

This was a shock and a disappointment to read

TJ and I have had our differences... we worked them out.... I still hold different views form TJ.. that does not mean we are not friends.. Men have times that can be emotional .. because there is "Passion" involved !!

If someday you have time invested in making this the best forum (IMO) on the net.. and doing it for the passion of the hobby and to make sure we have this place here tomorrow.. you may also find yourself emotionally involved in Questions that have been asked and answered before..

what useful good can your remarks make after all is resolved C9 ??

Why not try spending 5 to 8 hours a day after and before your "paying" job and do it not for yourself but for the "community" and see how "Bland" you can react..

and btw why not try and be a "supporter" instead of a "sniper"... :rolleyes: ... if you really want to help that is..???????

I'm not reading all of this (again). But i've skimmed, it's all I feel is necessary to get the gist.

TJ- we've been members about the same length of time. I understand your crusade, but it's moot.

What does it all boil down to? Goods and services. And Sometimes you can't beat the devil at his own game. Please, read on.

I'll break this entire thing down to you in one paragraph, from the way I see it:

Imagine the child labor, sweat shop conditions, and god knows what other dimension of hell someone has suffered to feed their family and make what you have on your wrist right now regardless of who you got it from. Now, stand here and crusade about who's morals should really be in question.

Your a good guy, but get real. I appreciate your ambition but I also know that even with the best intentions what your crusade is and always has been. We all do. You can't force everyone to get the big picture. Let yourself off the hook, its OK.

C9...

I just took the time to read through your 49 posts since you joined our Forum 2 months ago...

You've taken cracks at the Admin Team, Dealers, and senior members...

And have contributed nothing to speak of...

So I'm going to do you [and us] a favor...

Your Posting Abilities have been removed for 1 week...

You can still visit the Forum and read as much as you like...

We just won't have to read your opinions on the above aforementioned...

I'd suggest you take the week to determine if you'd like to become a productive member of this community...

TT

@Client9... Nah, I won't say it. I recommend you do some reading before rubbing more salt in this wound.

Now did someone mention...............................

.......... a TRL? :Jumpy:

TJ and I have had our differences... we worked them out.... I still hold different views form TJ.. that does not mean we are not friends.. Men have times that can be emotional .. because there is "Passion" involved !!

If someday you have time invested in making this the best forum (IMO) on the net.. and doing it for the passion of the hobby and to make sure we have this place here tomorrow.. you may also find yourself emotionally involved in Questions that have been asked and answered before..

what useful good can your remarks make after all is resolved C9 ??

Why not try spending 5 to 8 hours a day after and before your "paying" job and do it not for yourself but for the "community" and see how "Bland" you can react..

and btw why not try and be a "supporter" instead of a "sniper"... :rolleyes: ... if you really want to help that is..???????

C9...

I just took the time to read through your 49 posts since you joined our Forum 2 months ago...

You've taken cracks at the Admin Team, Dealers, and senior members...

And have contributed nothing to speak of...

So I'm going to do you [and us] a favor...

Your Posting Abilities have been removed for 1 week...

You can still visit the Forum and read as much as you like...

We just won't have to read your opinions on the above aforementioned...

I'd suggest you take the week to determine if you'd like to become a productive member of this community...

TT

AMEN!!!!!!!

Now that things have calmed down a bit on both sides... I took a second look at his initial post... perhaps TeeJay was 100% honest with his intentions. Somehow that just came out very badly to us... but we could have been wrong, and maybe he had a legitimate reason to demand an answer.

If that was the case, I apologize for my harsh replies. You all know that I rarely lose my temper, but allegations (even veiled ones) of us being "dirty" in ANY shape or form really made my blood boil. I feel this issue very strongly, because I have invested so much time on this community without getting ZERO financial compensation in return. Not that I'd ever wanted any... for me, the feedback from the members is 1000X times more rewarding than money anyway. Same thing with the other admin team members, they do this for the love of this community. Keep in mind that we're volunteers, and although you support the forum maintenance financially you are not supporting us financially, we're not on your payroll.

Anyway... perhaps there should have been an official "Here we stand" post, but we felt like it wasn't our business, because the incident of J&A banning happened in another forum. God knows we have enough problems and drama of our own. Perhaps we were a bit lazy, but this time we didn't want to get involved with it.

But we wanted people to have an open, free discussion (as always) without taking any sides, and it's only natural that things get heated occasionally. I think it was fair that everyone had a chance to post their opinion. But somehow, even this was possible to turn against us... at least it looked that way (TeeJay's post). I'm sure none of this have happened if we just closed the thread from the page 1. That would have been the "easy way out", but like I said in my previous post... we don't handle things that way.

Have more trust in us... we discuss everything in the admin room... and make appropriate decisions (when needed). We can sometimes make wrong moves and it's 100% ok to challenge them... but please don't question our integrity... I can assure you that there is ZERO need for that.

This is not about TeeJay only... I think he was a bit of a scapegoat here, for getting all this heat. We have noticed a trend with other posters too: Something bad happens in the community, and it's always RWG where all this controversy gets posted first. And usually it gets only posted on the RWG. RepGeeks don't want these kind of discussions there, and I understand them perfectly. They have a different style of running their forum, and I'm sure it's much less stressful for their Admin Team.

On the other hand we appreciate that people feel that all things can be discussed openly and freely here... and that's exactly how we want things to be in the future as well. But on the other hand because of this we feel that we have to carry much heavier weight for being "responsible" for everything, and I don't think it's always justified.

In short: You can discuss almost anything, but please don't always force us to "take a stand" on absolutely everything. Some dealers are good, some are not so good. Who those are... almost everyone has a different opinion. That's how the business is.

Why is everyone trying to give input on things he does not know SHIITE about? TJ asked question that can only be answered by a handful of people, so WHY does everybody else step in here and give their [censored]?

Hey, if a young student asks stephen hawking about the beginning of the universe, I'M not the one who should open his mouth and start blablaing gossip I have heared somewhere and draw conclusions that I think should be right!

And also, Arguing on the Internet is like running the special olympics @By-Tor, let go, he wont understand you, and you wont understand him and I'm pretty sure you will never find a solution. I _think_ I understand the both of you, but I dont feel its my essential provision to arbitrate between the both of you. And everyone else should think that way, too!

Edited by slay

Now that things have calmed down a bit on both sides... I took a second look at his initial post... perhaps TeeJay was 100% honest with his intentions. Somehow that just came out very badly to us... but we could have been wrong, and maybe he had a legitimate reason to demand an answer.

If that was the case, I apologize for my harsh replies. You all know that I rarely lose my temper, but allegations (even veiled ones) of us being "dirty" in ANY shape or form really made my blood boil. I feel this issue very strongly, because I have invested so much time on this community without getting ZERO financial compensation in return. Not that I'd ever wanted any... for me, the feedback from the members is 1000X times more rewarding than money anyway. Same thing with the other admin team members, they do this for the love of this community. Keep in mind that we're volunteers, and although you support the forum maintenance financially you are not supporting us financially, we're not on your payroll.

Anyway... perhaps there should have been an official "Here we stand" post, but we felt like it wasn't our business, because the incident of J&A banning happened in another forum. God knows we have enough problems and drama of our own. Perhaps we were a bit lazy, but this time we didn't want to get involved with it.

But we wanted people to have an open, free discussion (as always) without taking any sides, and it's only natural that things get heated occasionally. I think it was fair that everyone had a chance to post their opinion. But somehow, even this was possible to turn against us... at least it looked that way (TeeJay's post). I'm sure none of this have happened if we just closed the thread from the page 1. That would have been the "easy way out", but like I said in my previous post... we don't handle things that way.

Have more trust in us... we discuss everything in the admin room... and make appropriate decisions (when needed). We can sometimes make wrong moves and it's 100% ok to challenge them... but please don't question our integrity... I can assure you that there is ZERO need for that.

This is not about TeeJay only... I think he was a bit of a scapegoat here, for getting all this heat. We have noticed a trend with other posters too: Something bad happens in the community, and it's always RWG where all this controversy gets posted first. And usually it gets only posted on the RWG. RepGeeks don't want these kind of discussions there, and I understand them perfectly. They have a different style of running their forum, and I'm sure it's much less stressful for their Admin Team.

On the other hand we appreciate that people feel that all things can be discussed openly and freely here... and that's exactly how we want things to be in the future as well. But on the other hand because of this we feel that we have to carry much heavier weight for being "responsible" for everything, and I don't think it's always justified.

In short: You can discuss almost anything, but please don't always force us to "take a stand" on absolutely everything. Some dealers are good, some are not so good. Who those are... almost everyone has a different opinion. That's how the business is.

I'm pretty sure TeeJay have retired for the night now at his end of the world, but I'm also pretty sure that he appreciates BT's candor in offering this Post! Knowing TeeJay, I'm 100% sure he was wholeheartedly honest with his post! TeeJay is just voicing what he thinks is the general feelings of the community becuase he cares for all of us.........for what its worth!

All's well that ends well! Alleluaiah! Peace to all!

Why is everyone trying to give input on things he does not know SHIITE about? TJ asked question that can only be answered by a handful of people, so WHY does everybody else step in here and give their [censored]?

Hey, if a young student asks stephen hawking about the beginning of the universe, I'M not the one who should open his mouth and start blablaing gossip I have heared somewhere and draw conclusions that I think should be right!

And also, Arguing on the Internet is like running the special olympics @By-Tor, let go, he wont understand you, and you wont understand him and I'm pretty sure you will never find a solution. I _think_ I understand the both of you, but I dont feel its my essential provision to arbitrate between the both of you. And everyone else should think that way, too!

You could start by reading his book.. :rolleyes:

The Chapter on "Black Holes" is very informative... Basically Mr. Hawking states that if the "ray's of light that form the event horizin ( the boundry of the black hole) can never approach each other because the ray's of light would be approaching each other and in order.........ahhhh...... .. you really have to read and study this yourself though

scan0002my0.jpg

or..one of my favs.. other than black holes.. or pink holes for that matter is

Space and Time... ohhhh.. dosen't that just give you a Woody ?? Especially the part about the ... "special theory of relativety".. da part that talks about .. nothing can travel faster than light .. that the path of any object through space and time must be represented by a line that is within the light cone at "each event on it" ... my copy is old cause I need it to refresh my memory it forgets within.... "Space and time"

scan0003iy4.jpg

Cause I hate to have to sign up for another class everytime I need an answer and Mr. Hawking is jus to dang busy .. so I ask myself to do a little leg work to find the answers that he has so conveniently published.. :D

now using these topics in a sentence.... :clown: ... If I doubt the validity of the Mod Team that works so hard for free I may fall into a Black Hole and loose touch of Space and Time on RWG..

Stephane Hawking "ma hero"... slay .. you name dropper you... :rolleyes:

you know this is all in good humor B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani