When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I didn't want to do this, but feel I have no choice

TeeJay

@Lani, you just made MY day! I read this stuff all the time (and have some degrees in it!)

Did you get to the part about "elsewhere"? Ooooooooo baby! :tu:

@By-Tor, you just described how free markets are supposed to operate. Provide the participants with information and rely on them to read and understand it, then let them make purchasing and selling decisions based on that information. Then nobody has to micromanage the economics, and it takes a MUCH smaller staff to watch over it. As long as the information continues to flow, it's nearly self-regulating. When it works well, it's a thing of beauty.

So RWG provides the place to share information, the members here read read and read some more, then they vote with their checkbooks.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephane Hawking "ma hero"... slai .. you name dropper you... :rolleyes:

you know this is all in good humor B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Hey Dawg! You mean slay........slai is better lookin! B)8)

@Lani, you just made MY day! I read this stuff all the time (and have some degrees in it!)

Did you get to the part about "elsewhere"? Ooooooooo baby! :tu:

ever since I was a kid Infinity used to send shivers through me to try and fathom it... still trying to fathom it ...

Stuck on Space and Time...love that topic.. .... if I find a girl with brains that is half way decent I'm in friggin lust.... B)

"The Uncertainty Principle" should apply to the reps.... :lol:

Nanuq... you deeeeeeepp thinker you ... :o

Nothing is more important or valuable than time. (No, not Mr. Hawking)

Could be why we have watch fetishes.

:shock: P4GTR... ahhh .... I think you just cured me man !!!!! :o ... thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

now I can quit..... I'm cured.. on to the next hobby ...................................NOT!!!! :rolleyes:B)

ever since I was a kid Infinity used to send shivers through me to try and fathom it... still trying to fathom it ...

Stuck on Space and Time...love that topic.. ....

Ahhhhh, go find a book by Paul Davies called "About Time". He's a great writer and when you get to the part about particle showers from the upper atmosphere and time dilation... you won't be able to put it down. After you finish that one, go find the book "The Accidental Universe" by the same author.

8)

Ahhhhh, go find a book by Paul Davies called "About Time". He's a great writer and when you get to the part about particle showers from the upper atmosphere and time dilation... you won't be able to put it down. After you finish that one, go find the book "The Accidental Universe" by the same author.

8)

2 books? This from a guy you can't convince to watch one damn movie. :lol:

(was trying to get him to watch "into the wild")

Well that's understandable... "Into the Wild" is about this bozo kid that wandered off into the bush and starved in a setting where any kid here could live comfortably and have a good laugh at the people looking for him too!

I think they make the Paul Davies books in large-type format....... ;-)

into the wild was a strange movie.. it was either really good OR really bad, but i cant deciede... kid gives away all his money and goes and dies in the bush. It was a touching story but where was the plot? lol

CU... In a week. :winkiss:

I looked through his posts too. If they continue to add nothing to this community then hopefully maybe we won't see him in week. This was certainly not a thread that members with only a few months under their belt needed to get involved with. Glad things worked themselves out.

Good morning everyone,

And a special "Good morning" to you TeeJay.

As a very fresh moderator I now have access to the Admin room.

I can assure you that everything is discussed over there indeed, everything.

I would like to make your day bright: there as never been any intention of banning you.

I will not repeat what everyone else already said but still I will tell you and others the following:

- RWG is indeed liberal and all opinions can be voiced (respecting others of course).

- I'm sure the RWG membership is fed up of dramas, like the Admin team is. And I suspect that the silent majority is even more.

As my own conclusion to this thread (and all others in which I didn't post), let's move forward and leave these topics in our back.

Any crusade against Josh and Andrew is pointless as their business is doing fine and will continue anyway.

I for one never buy from them, nor any other dealer, as I choose to trade with members or buy second hand.

But I have to voice my opinion too on the various dealers, if you don't mind.

From all the dealers I used to buy watches from (and that is quite a lot, believe me), Josh and Andrew were the ONLY ones that provided perfect material.

There has never been a scratched case back, a stripping crown, or 6 months delay to get my order.

When watches were seized, Andrew sent me one of his expensive sub to replace them.

All this said, trust me, I'm no longer a customer, and do not look for their good opinion.

Now, what I really would like to see happen is RWG gets back to its great atmosphere and friendship.

No hard feelings from me, I mean it.

All the best,

Stephane

@TeeJay: I merged your other (apology) thread here, to your last post. I hope you don't mind.

It takes a big man to apologize.

Apology accepted. No harm done...

Let's have some watch talk now. :)

No problem at all, keeping things tidy is always good :)

I'm not reading all of this (again). But i've skimmed, it's all I feel is necessary to get the gist.

TJ- we've been members about the same length of time. I understand your crusade, but it's moot.

What does it all boil down to? Goods and services. And Sometimes you can't beat the devil at his own game. Please, read on.

I'll break this entire thing down to you in one paragraph, from the way I see it:

Imagine the child labor, sweat shop conditions, and god knows what other dimension of hell someone has suffered to feed their family and make what you have on your wrist right now regardless of who you got it from. Now, stand here and crusade about who's morals should really be in question.

Your a good guy, but get real. I appreciate your ambition but I also know that even with the best intentions what your crusade is and always has been. We all do. You can't force everyone to get the big picture. Let yourself off the hook, its OK.

My conscience is completely clear on that score. In all the discussions where arrests have been shown, it has always been adults getting dragged out by the law. Not kids. Now, if they were arresting kids, that would be a way more potent image to discourage people buying rep products. Also, as others have said, do kids really have the concentration, patience or skill, to build a timepiece? Snap a few circuit boards into a TV or CD player, absolutely. But a timepiece? Sorry, but I just don't buy that. As far as I see it, there is much more child sweatshop labor used in building the everyday items, like TVs, computers, running shoes etc, than ever goes into rep watch building. I need a watch to tell me the time. I need it to have a large, clear dial so I can see it clearly. If I wanted to wear a 'recognizeable' brand to look flash, I'd still be wearing a Rolex ;) Surely you must've realized by now how anti-consumerism I am... I buy out of necessity, not in pursuit of 'the high life', so, having taken a step back and thought about it, I don't think my morals or actions are in any way hypocrisy.

:)

Now that things have calmed down a bit on both sides... I took a second look at his initial post... perhaps TeeJay was 100% honest with his intentions. Somehow that just came out very badly to us... but we could have been wrong, and maybe he had a legitimate reason to demand an answer.

If that was the case, I apologize for my harsh replies. You all know that I rarely lose my temper, but allegations (even veiled ones) of us being "dirty" in ANY shape or form really made my blood boil. I feel this issue very strongly, because I have invested so much time on this community without getting ZERO financial compensation in return. Not that I'd ever wanted any... for me, the feedback from the members is 1000X times more rewarding than money anyway. Same thing with the other admin team members, they do this for the love of this community. Keep in mind that we're volunteers, and although you support the forum maintenance financially you are not supporting us financially, we're not on your payroll.

Anyway... perhaps there should have been an official "Here we stand" post, but we felt like it wasn't our business, because the incident of J&A banning happened in another forum. God knows we have enough problems and drama of our own. Perhaps we were a bit lazy, but this time we didn't want to get involved with it.

But we wanted people to have an open, free discussion (as always) without taking any sides, and it's only natural that things get heated occasionally. I think it was fair that everyone had a chance to post their opinion. But somehow, even this was possible to turn against us... at least it looked that way (TeeJay's post). I'm sure none of this have happened if we just closed the thread from the page 1. That would have been the "easy way out", but like I said in my previous post... we don't handle things that way.

Have more trust in us... we discuss everything in the admin room... and make appropriate decisions (when needed). We can sometimes make wrong moves and it's 100% ok to challenge them... but please don't question our integrity... I can assure you that there is ZERO need for that.

This is not about TeeJay only... I think he was a bit of a scapegoat here, for getting all this heat. We have noticed a trend with other posters too: Something bad happens in the community, and it's always RWG where all this controversy gets posted first. And usually it gets only posted on the RWG. RepGeeks don't want these kind of discussions there, and I understand them perfectly. They have a different style of running their forum, and I'm sure it's much less stressful for their Admin Team.

On the other hand we appreciate that people feel that all things can be discussed openly and freely here... and that's exactly how we want things to be in the future as well. But on the other hand because of this we feel that we have to carry much heavier weight for being "responsible" for everything, and I don't think it's always justified.

In short: You can discuss almost anything, but please don't always force us to "take a stand" on absolutely everything. Some dealers are good, some are not so good. Who those are... almost everyone has a different opinion. That's how the business is.

Well, I can only say once more that I was being 100% honest with my intentions, there was no 'perhaps' about it, offending or insulting anyone, or casting aspersions about people's credibity was honestly, not even the last thing on my mind, but something which was not even on my mind at all when I asked the questions.

You could start by reading his book.. :rolleyes:

Too much of a buzz-kill for me... I prefer physics where the speed of light can be overcome with the aid of dilithium crystals :D

Good morning everyone,

And a special "Good morning" to you TeeJay.

As a very fresh moderator I now have access to the Admin room.

I can assure you that everything is discussed over there indeed, everything.

I would like to make your day bright: there as never been any intention of banning you.

I will not repeat what everyone else already said but still I will tell you and others the following:

- RWG is indeed liberal and all opinions can be voiced (respecting others of course).

- I'm sure the RWG membership is fed up of dramas, like the Admin team is. And I suspect that the silent majority is even more.

As my own conclusion to this thread (and all others in which I didn't post), let's move forward and leave these topics in our back.

Any crusade against Josh and Andrew is pointless as their business is doing fine and will continue anyway.

I for one never buy from them, nor any other dealer, as I choose to trade with members or buy second hand.

But I have to voice my opinion too on the various dealers, if you don't mind.

From all the dealers I used to buy watches from (and that is quite a lot, believe me), Josh and Andrew were the ONLY ones that provided perfect material.

There has never been a scratched case back, a stripping crown, or 6 months delay to get my order.

When watches were seized, Andrew sent me one of his expensive sub to replace them.

All this said, trust me, I'm no longer a customer, and do not look for their good opinion.

Now, what I really would like to see happen is RWG gets back to its great atmosphere and friendship.

No hard feelings from me, I mean it.

All the best,

Stephane

Bon jour, mon ami (about the only French I know, other than how to say "I am a potatoe" [which is another story for another time :lol: ] )

I know we've had our differences of opinion in the past, but I can honestly say, congratulations on your appointment as part of the moderating team, and that I hope we can consider 'the hatchet' well and truly buried. Thanks for the comment, and indeed, no hard feelings from me either :)

Bon jour, mon ami (about the only French I know, other than how to say "I am a potatoe" [which is another story for another time :lol: ] )

I know we've had our differences of opinion in the past, but I can honestly say, congratulations on your appointment as part of the moderating team, and that I hope we can consider 'the hatchet' well and truly buried. Thanks for the comment, and indeed, no hard feelings from me either :)

The hatchet has been buried a long time ago as you know TeeJay.

Different opinions is what make the human kind interresting.

Otherwise we would still be animals :D

And I much prefer a guy like you who is voicing his opinions than some JetMids we come accross from time to time :rofl:

Bro, didn't you know that a rep's ballance wheel serves as a Heisenberg Compensator? ;)

The hatchet has been buried a long time ago as you know TeeJay.

Different opinions is what make the human kind interresting.

Otherwise we would still be animals :D

And I much prefer a guy like you who is voicing his opinions than some JetMids we come accross from time to time :rofl:

That's good to know :) I take it you won't be wanting a ride in my personal Mink-Lined Lear Jet at the next gtg? I can have folks cheaufered out to it in my fleet of Ferraris and hand tended by my staff of supermodels ;)

I have to admit, I never witnessed the full extent of JetMid's claims, but I'm sure I've got the idea :lol: