When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What rep had the shortest "it" rep status?

chad

When was the last time you saw someone purchasing a IWC GST?

That was really "hot topic" back in 2006, but now disappeared. It's very good rep, even by today's standards.

I always wanted the white/gold hands version. I would have purchased it at some point, but I heard the bracelet is way too small... only fits like anorectic '7 wrists or so... :D

BT did you ever consider getting a Slevin on a bracelet? I would think you would love that.

When was the last time you saw someone purchasing a IWC GST?

That was really "hot topic" back in 2006, but now disappeared. It's very good rep, even by today's standards.

I always wanted the white/gold hands version. I would have purchased it at some point, but I heard the bracelet is way too small... only fits like anorectic '7 wrists or so... :D

Many watches... As I shall put it, tend to be overlooked. Just look at ebel, Chopard Mille Miglia GTXL chrono, etc... They are definitely good rep but not very popular.

IWC Ingenieur perhaps? I have seen late batches and am disappointed (especially with the bracelet). Even with the same rep, there is a tendency of varying quality too. Same can be said for IWC Ti GST Chrono. I have seen one of the latest batch too... Different datewheels, and somehow the bracelet feels rougher.

Another good candidate is Porsche Design Flat 6...

The bottom line is... replica watches are like fashion item. There will always be in and out... then in and out again (can be the same item). For example, discontinued Breitling Avenger Chrono Ti.

Hublots of all kinds! I remember when Hublots first came out, it was Hublot mania! People were going insane buying them at these ludicrous prices, and now if you browse the latest wrist check threads you rarely see someone wearing one anymore...

MBW PP Nautilus.. sadly no one seems to fawn about it anymore.

Same goes for MBW AP RO Jumbo.

Hmmmm chronos tend to replace non-chrono versions in the affections of many rep collectors. :g:

BT did you ever consider getting a Slevin on a bracelet? I would think you would love that.

I really like it... but there are SO many watches I like.

No, really... one of these days I'll get a IWC. I'm actually more fond of your version (the one with yellow on the dial). I like bright colors.

I really like it... but there are SO many watches I like.

No, really... one of these days I'll get a IWC. I'm actually more fond of your version (the one with yellow on the dial). I like bright colors.

I have to say my '06 Cousteau gets the most wrist time. The rubber strap really is very comfortable, and there's something about that nice big crystal and the internal rotating bezel.

The SOH is an interesting one...came out to big accolades...then people slowly stopped talking about it. When they released the chrono, I thought people would be all over it, and if it weren't for the size, I would be too...but, nobody at RWG seemed to take to it. Now, they have the updated SOH and the SOH Chrono and I've seen a few posts on these...but not enough to say it's an "IT" watch.

The 3717 Top Gun was quite popular for awhile and now, I don't see anybody talking about that one...even with the newer non-Top Gun caseback. I still like that watch as well.

Another huge disappointment was the PO Chrono. The subdial spacing was excepted to be off... but it was still surprising how slow seller it was. Especially if you remember that UPO might be the best selling single replica model of all time.