When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Offical RWG Watch Project

fotoman

I know we went through this in RWG1 and i wasn't around when it happened, i was on board hiatus :)

but i keep thinking that with all the changes in the rep industry and also, 1 model that i haven't seen rep'd yet.

Either from a rep dealer in china - or from millionsmart or whatever, i think we should think about commissioning a new watch.

I propose basically making a 42mm Simple Sinn design

to make it even easier - basically were taking a Bell and Ross, dial mov't hands and putting them in a round PVD case 42mm or 44mm which ever

then - where it says Sinn - we put RWG - i'm sure we could find the same font - or make the font like the BR font.

we also have so many folks on the board with $$ - if there is a split profit to the board and to investors it should - at the moment i don't know the minimums for dial printing.

Thoughts?

we could maybe even get - whoever is doing that pvd and gold coating to coat the case on these - he doesn't want to do it individually, but at 50 or 100 at once - it would probably make sense and the case is easy enough to take apart for coating.

and the whole run of crystals can be chief tanged -

White SuperLuminova

hmm, could be really cool

10602661ak8.jpg

sinn656sstrap954detailfm8.jpg

I for one would be in, great idea! But I hope it is something that would be able to be achieved - the problems that ensued with the RWG1 watch, I would hate to see that happen here; I noticed a similar idea has recently been put forward over at RWI, with problems starting even in the initial stage of putting the idea forward - but as I said, whatever it happens to be, with a big if it comes about of course, count me in!

i think the idea here would be that it isn't a collaboration watch as much as a project for someone to make some $$

Then it doesn't have to have RWG on the dial :p I would personally buy that Sinn without any writing on the dial

For me I think collaboration watches is a very bad idea and I wasn't even participating in the first one in RWG 1... Seems I knew better ;)

Then it doesn't have to have RWG on the dial :p I would personally buy that Sinn without any writing on the dial

For me I think collaboration watches is a very bad idea and I wasn't even participating in the first one in RWG 1... Seems I knew better ;)

I, like you, also never took part in that in RWG1, but would love to purchase one now. :p

what made you come up with the SINN as the base for another collab-watch??

Don't you think we should take a census on which model people would 'want' to see on their wrists first? and then move on to the dial and strap?!?!

PP

no :)

cause consensus would never be reached

ok, i got it!!!

hoooow about we just produce 'dial stickers'... some with 'glitter' of course... (glitter: the herpes of craft supplies)

that way you can purchase saaaaay, a DSN non-branded PAM of some sort... crack open the case... stick'r on the dial and Whala!

Who's with me??

Example:

dbs_glitter%20sticker%20alpha%20preview.jpg

RWI did the whole collaboration watch thing better than RWG1. How? They got rid of the collaborative element.

Still, you don't see many people proudly displaying them, much like the only time you see RWG1 watches is when Gran gets drunk and starts waving his around.

It's a bad idea, and it should be obvious why: It's not a replica.

This entire hobby is based on replicas of big brand watches. While some of us do like cheap gens from time to time, the founding principle that attracts people to this forum is we want big names without the cost. How on earth anyone ever gets to the point (and it happens every 12-18 months, from what I see) that they think a non-replica, non-branded, amateur-designed watch will appeal to the people here who are here because they like big brand copies.

Of all the items one could choose to wear to show forum allegiance, a watch should be the last choice as it's exactly the opposite of what we're here for.

RWI did the whole collaboration watch thing better than RWG1. How? They got rid of the collaborative element.

Still, you don't see many people proudly displaying them, much like the only time you see RWG1 watches is when Gran gets drunk and starts waving his around.

It's a bad idea, and it should be obvious why: It's not a replica.

This entire hobby is based on replicas of big brand watches. While some of us do like cheap gens from time to time, the founding principle that attracts people to this forum is we want big names without the cost. How on earth anyone ever gets to the point (and it happens every 12-18 months, from what I see) that they think a non-replica, non-branded, amateur-designed watch will appeal to the people here who are here because they like big brand copies.

Of all the items one could choose to wear to show forum allegiance, a watch should be the last choice as it's exactly the opposite of what we're here for.

you make wholly excellent points. - ok, so there is no RWG watch, TT said we can't do it - fine

what if i were able to get together a Sinn watch - but non branded - and 42mm instead of 38 like the gen - with spooooonz real harder than hard PVD and Chieftang AR and Super Lume

how many people would want that? i dunno, i want one :) i think alot of members are looking at inexpensive Gens vs 4-500 watches -

i dunno - i want one - i think lots of people would like a sinn - especially one with such clean lines as the one above (although i want the GMT one) but the gens are small :(