When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats with the wristcuffs?

P4GTR

For a while now I've been seeing people wear these huge wristcuffs with watches attached to them. These things look retarded and seem to be getting more ornate as time go's on. What with these things?

Just to give you an idea of what i'm talking about-

wristcuff1.jpg

Why dwarf a 40mm watch with a strap like this? Hell, this thing would dwarf a PO or 50..

wristcuff2.jpg

Re-cycled fashion from the late 60's.

I see kids today dressing and looking IDENTICAL to teens from the late 60's/early 70's, it's uncanny.

They were in fashion back in the 70s, along with really wide belts, fringed leather jackets, etc.

I wore a watch on a strap like that when I was a teenager....

.... Not to date myself or anything.

Yes, they are definitely a throwback to the 70s. You see kids wearing them now because the don't have the benefit of remembering how stupid they looked 35 years ago :D :D :D

A lot of fosil watches coming on straps like that

Yes! That in itself speaks volumes.

I'm glad I'm not alone here. Lets take this he-man, barbaric, world of warcraft hunk of carcus and wrap it around your wrist... Now lets show a seiko in the middle? WTF?

:lol: @ CM.. You said you only wore that when we hung out. <_<

They were in fashion back in the 70s, along with really wide belts, fringed leather jackets, etc.

I wore a watch on a strap like that when I was a teenager....

.... Not to date myself or anything.

Ditto. There are a number of pictures of Paul Newman wearing the 6241 watch that is named after him with 1 of these wide, black leather straps.

They were cool in the early 70s when everyone was walking around with long hair & brown suede leather coats with fringe, but I think they look a little silly this time around (today).

:lol:

What this means is .. we are getting Older .. History repeats itself and these retro bunds are jus copied and fashioned for the new melenium .. like the "jailin" jeans .. the gang bangers wear them like it would be in Cell Block.. where your belt is taken away and your shoe laces etc.

sheesh they even make pants with faux briefs that are part of the jeans so it has the "apperance" of your pants riding half way down your a s s ..

but what is disturbing is that the ladies are going back to wearing full bras ... :wounded1: ... I don't mind that if "gravity" has taken over.. but common.. let's see them ski slopes.. and leave nothing to the imagination again.. :D