When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate Concord C1 RG Review

rckh

Dear Friends:

After severals hours sleep; I'm feel much better now. Just Took severals better photos & write this review.

I bought the 1st batch of C1 orignial colour when it released. However; the 1st batch really got many problems. 1.) Big-Gap between the Rubber bezel with the case 2.) many surplus on the rubber bezel; the cutting is really bad 3.) Un-tighten Chronograph-pushers. So, I send it back. But all these problems; had been fix by maker on the 2nd batch.

These series of Concord is made by the famous HBB maker & it's 1:1 cloned. According to Angus; all parts are interchangeable with the Gen even the movement.

Last time I got the orginal colour & found that the strap to too long for me & the deployant buckle once again move to my left wrist & make me feel very un-comfortable. So, I did a little trick to got a pair of short strap for Concord service center.....Free Of Charge....

I did swapped the rep one with gen strap. I found that it's 100% same contruction & fit perfectly. I compare the Gen with the rep & found rep one colour just a little bit darker than + a little bit harder. Also; even gen strap are a little bit dust attractive; but relax it's not worse at all.

Sapphire crystal is thick 3.3mm & double ARed. Because the crystal is flat-top; the rep AR did made the crystal totally disappear most of the time. Case is mixed by brushed & high-polished. And Steeless Stain with 5mils 18K RG gold plated; when I swap the strap; I found that the screws thread also plated with RG. For sure when the screws tighten into the case will scratch it; from the debris I found the RG plate is really thick. The RG plated case is beautiful; it change its colour according the light source. Sometime lighter & sometime darker. It's really enjoy to look on it.

Gen movement is ETA Valgranes movement. (http://www.valgranges.ch/#/products/A07_211) It's a bigger size version of ETA7750 which made for the 44mm or bigger watch. I can't confirm the rep movement is really cloned Valgranes movement. But the polish, engravement, especially the mounting mechanism are very similar to Valgranes. However; after handle 2 C1 I found both chrono second hand is very jerkly. Let see how it work after an overhaul servicing.

Dial is multi-layer + materials constuction as Gen: 1.) Carbon Fibre 2.) RG plate 3.) 3D Chronograph sub-dial.

Chrono minute, Chrono hour, Minute hand & Hour hand is RG. Chrono second is dark blue & the running second @9 is a disc. Nice colour matching & give more contrast on dial.

Lume at 1:00, 4:00, 7:00, 11:00 + Minutes & Hours Hand. Standard rep lume; not bad at all.

Case back engravement is actual the same as gen; all mark is correct & RG version also got "CWC 18x 750" marking. According to factory first 20 sets should got an individual serial. number. Mine is 1370465. How about your's?

Crown is hidden thread screw -in type ; standard 7750 contruction. 1st position for manual winding, 2nd for date adjustment, 3rd position for time adjustment. Because the crown is big; it's very easy to screw/unscrew & make your adjustment.

Deployant Buckle is solid & well made; push button very easy to lock & unlock the buckle for the longer side. But the shorter side is quite difficult to dis-attach.

Overall, I believe it's another good rep from HBB maker. Maybe some of you don't like its' design. For me; it's really a fantactic watch!

Thx for watching!

P.S: Thx Angus to QC my watch!!

GEN:

C120Chrono.jpg

Picture01.jpg

Picture02.jpg

Picture03.jpg

Picture04.jpg

Picture05.jpg

Picture06.jpg

Picture07.jpg

Picture08.jpg