When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Explorer I

jfa657

IMHO one of the best. It's small so it fits under winter gear and you don't have to struggle to get mitts over it. It's nearly unbreakable and because it's so unintrusive you find yourself just wearing it all the time.

:tu: double thumbs up

I thought of building a franken of a 114270 Explorer I, but then made the ultimate decision and bought a gen a few weeks ago :)

It is the most understated sporty Rolex. It's nice with a business outfit, with casual style as well as outdoor cloths while climbing. It is just perfect for me and probably the Rolex I love most.

The closest may be an Air King with white dial... But it's smaller than the 14270/114270...

Thanks Ubiuitous. I actually spoke to Chris at Eurotimez yesterday and he said he didn't think they came with white face. I just saw the Ex2 and Ex (both) in black and I thought they looked the nutz, so I wanted to try and get a pertner for my gen White Ex2.

I'll check out the Air King though - Thanks for the advice.

Any Fans? Are you mad? :D The Explorer 1 is superb. The 1016 is the one to go for. I believe that in the design world simplicity is difficult to achieve and the 1016 hits the nail right on the head. I really want to get the kit together to build a 1016 franken. Stilty is the expert in this department, if my memory serves me right he has made a beauty at very reasonable cost. Great watch.