When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paul Newman--in memoriam. The Daytona.

gioarmani

OLD SCHOOL:

Long gone, like the original watch, but not forgotten, like the man, my DW 6265.

DSCN0417.jpg

Crap I loved that baby......but that covered books for my major.......A's in the major are better than when I should book from one class to the other according to what time it is. Still wish I could have kept her tho. And as for Paul ( the man, not the watch) *as freddy once said* Sorry to see him go, met him while young, he was the first star I ever came in contact with, and his mother was in the same retirement community as great gramma.....he was a really nice guy and told me my dreams can be my future....too bad his advice didn't kick in for 15 years.

And Paul....been studying, forget TV, loved your advice, Grams loved you (thanks for million dollar smiling her at VDO) you made soo many people happy and inspired so many dreams.

Anybody want to speak more of their pictured reps? what movements tick inside these...seagull clones? ??

The two I pictured are both Seagull ST-19s', manual wind. They are both workhorses that run flawlessly and they were from Joshua a few years ago or so. If you can get by the fact that they have symetric pushers and that the 6 'oclock subdial moves with the hour hand (this subdial can be frozen at 12 'oclock, but I never bothered), I would highly recommend one (or two ;) ).

@Ubi, youre killing me with those photos, but do keep them comming, they are a joy to look at!! :notworthy:

The two I pictured are both Seagull ST-19s', manual wind. They are both workhorses that run flawlessly and they were from Joshua a few years ago or so. If you can get by the fact that they have symetric pushers and that the 6 'oclock subdial moves with the hour hand (this subdial can be frozen at 12 'oclock, but I never bothered), I would highly recommend one (or two ;) ).

The ST-19 is 1 of the best movements out there. Not only is it an ultra-reliable workhorse, but it feels & operates with silky smooth ease. It is too bad it does not have asymmetrical pushers (I am working on a case mod that, if it works out, should allow you to implant an ST-19 into a case with asymmetrical pushers).

My Newman Daytonas are V72s & my non-Newmans are pseudo-manual-wind 7760s (I removed/disabled the auto-wind components).

The ST-19 is 1 of the best movements out there. Not only is it an ultra-reliable workhorse, but it feels & operates with silky smooth ease. It is too bad it does not have asymmetrical pushers (I am working on a case mod that, if it works out, should allow you to implant an ST-19 into a case with asymmetrical pushers).

My Newman Daytonas are V72s & my non-Newmans are pseudo-manual-wind 7760s (I removed/disabled the auto-wind components).

Uber cool!!!!!!!!! :Jumpy: Please let us know how this works out.

Sorry no watches or photos to contribute but to honor Mr. Newman this quote:

I like racing, but food and pictures are more thrilling. With a film or a recipe, there is no way of telling how all the ingredients will work out in the end. Cooking is like performing and performing is like cooking!

Paul Newman