When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check Thread!

By-Tor

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh heh... Thanks, TJ! :)

You're very welcome :lol: PVD PAM with a brown strap is one of my favorite combos. Sadly, I felt it never really coordinated with my wardrobe properly so I seldom wear that combo, although I do like how it looks :good: I've found a suitable movement donor to fix up my 004 (previously mis-identified as a 111g :lol: ) which will also lead to a custom Radiomir project (when funds are available, of course :) )

Heh heh... Thanks, TJ! :)

Here is a near mint 9411 dial that I picked up earlier this year along with the dial that currently resides in my completed snowflake :) It's an all original LePrelet in time capsule like condition.

IMG_5693.jpg

IMG_5699.jpg

be sure to let me know if that ever needs a new home ;)

I agree; the snowflake appeals to me a little more as it's so completely different than the typical Rolex Sub. The hands and markers are quite unique!

Unfortunately, gen parts don't come cheap :( From time to time these things do surface on the Bay. There's a dial and hands set on now (380070501264); the combo has seen some better days however.

As for fitting these parts into a 1665- The dial diameter is a bit too small, unfortunately. The rehaut opening on the case is too large, and hence the dial simply falls through to the crystal. However... You can use an MBW 1680 case. That's what I used for mine...

:)

TJ- Glad to hear your 004 will be on the mend! And with a project Radiomir to go as a result. Very nice!

I'm going to order a 'PVD Radiomir Blackseal, with the second sweep', and put the stripped movement in the 004. I've got a base Radiomir on order (a 210? :huh: ) and the movement, dial and hands will be going whole into the PVD case, and then fitted on a 26/26 black leather Andy strap (by way of Tourby) and fitted with a 26mm PVD buckle. Would such a watch even have a PAM code, or would it be totally custom?

savmesh1ei6.jpg

Looking sharp, bro :good:

Can't decide! Can't decide!

group.jpg

Fantastic collection :good: I've been trying to source the GMT Radiomir for ages, where did you track one down?

Thanks Stephane! It's good to be back! :)

I meant to say thank you to the others who've welcomed me back as well, so I will say it now...thank you all, this is a special place with the most warm and watch-savvy people I've ever encountered!

I'm off to Spain for a week tomorrow, and this will be my holiday beater ^_^

IMGP1049.jpg

I've already adjusted the GMT hand to -1, so when I get off the plane tomorrow, and roll the main hands forwards an hour, the GMT hand will be telling the time in the UK B)

I've also got my 104 on SS if we go anywhere nice for a meal,

IMGP1051.jpg

and my 113 on the Ferrari strap incase I'm feeling 'smart casual' one evening :lol:

IMGP0774.jpg

Which, thanks to SSSurfer, now has a black hand ;) Thanks again, amigo, it's made such a difference to the watch, it's much appreciated :good:

DSCN5145.jpg

I'll try and get some decent wrist shots while I'm away, but I'm not promising anything B)