When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

That issue is over

V

It made also think that maybe there is some truth in those words since for the last years I do not own a rep and basically I do not plan to have another. I am more than happy with my gen Pams.

Does that mean that you sold your 00008 after all ? Only 6 days ago you opened a thread titled ' My one and only ultimate rep ' , today you say you haven't owned a rep in years ??????????

PS i think you are a heavyweight on this forum anyway , you should stay no matter what .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone has a case of sour grapes because they cannot afford to keep up with you. Hell, I can't either, but that's life.

+1 I thought that your items for sale were reasonably priced. I have a gen and a rep PAM and have always felt comfortable on this board. In fact I spend more time over here then on the gen boards. I think that the information that is provided by you and the other members is actually better and more correct then the info on some of the gen boards. Don't let it get you down.

The reason for all that happened was my gen parts sale which he considered basically a rip-off of the members here.

Fair enough.. everyone is entitled to his own opinion. I don't agree but still I have asked to the Boss to delete the thread because that was not my intention.

But that struck me in general and I thought that if a friend said all those things then many others who don't know me can say the same or worse about me...

Some prices was high but that have panerai parts are they are high in demand and so is the prices, if this guy now anything about panerai he should understand that.

Felt the same way when I posted pictures of my second gen Panerai recently.

I was very jazzed when I got the watch and chose to share my experience here, not to show off but out of true enthusiasm for the brand, and a feeling that after approx 3 1/2 years I was a part of this community.

It occurred to me that the majority of the hard core Panerai click, did not bother to wish a long time (rep) Panerai and now (rep and gen) enthusiastic well on a new chapter in Panerai collecting.

very true many here not naming anyone is jealous or i do not now exact terms but give you cold shoulder when you show gens..And they don't talk in your threads like before and so on, i notice very easy such things..

Cheers

Fully agree with Stephane . I can understand that you are a bit upset. You belong here and your wealth of information is highly appreciated. Still I am a bit curious m8...like Rolli asked, anything worth sharing to get a better view?

i think its a big story.

certainly we are all eager to hear the complete version.

rolli

Fully agree with Stephane . I can understand that you are a bit upset. You belong here and your wealth of information is highly appreciated. Still I am a bit curious m8...like Rolli asked, anything worth sharing to get a better view?

The way I see it, we are a watch forum. Sure, the focus is on Reps, but in order for us to move even closer to the perfect rep, we need to understand and know the gen first. I think that all our gen collectors are a huge resource for us. Forget the [censored] and keep doing what you've been doing V.

andreww echoes my thoughts exactly. How many times have we heard a call out for genuine watch owners for comparison photos etc.

I feel lucky that we have GWO's like V that love to share their toys with us.

With relation to parts look how many people put genuine bracelets, bezels, dials etc on our reps.....enough said!!

At the end of the day, we're all here because we love watches, and that's all that matters. I admit, I rarely comment on postings for gen watches, but that's because I wouldn't have anything to say beyond "nice watch", as, being gen, the quality and details are gauranteed, certainly not because I'm jealous of the person or their watch :lol: At the end of the day, if someone wants to blow their cash on a single gen rather than several reps, that's up to them :lol: Don't let it get you down, K, you're contributions here are beyond question :good:

right TJ, we all share a love for watches, some are lucky to be able to buy gens, most of us here maybe own one or more gens next to reps...I vcannot imagine why someone would say something like V mentioned just because you only have gens....what;s the purpose of that?

right TJ, we all share a love for watches, some are lucky to be able to buy gens, most of us here maybe own one or more gens next to reps...I vcannot imagine why someone would say something like V mentioned just because you only have gens....what;s the purpose of that?

Indeed, at a guess, I'd say it's just pettiness, certainly not something I'd take to seriously.

i think its a big story.

certainly we are all eager to hear the complete version.

rolli

Rolli not a big story at all.. we were just discussing with this person other things and the above were just mentioned when the conversation was for the genuine parts i was selling.. He may be right he may be wrong..

Anyway.. the point of this thread is mostly if some people feel bad/intimidated/[censored] off/jealous showing my gens and talking about them all the time while being on a rep forum ...

Many people have gens but they don't show them as much as me or even not showing them at all.

Anyway.. the point of this thread is mostly if some people feel bad/intimidated/[censored] off/jealous showing my gens and talking about them all the time while being on a rep forum ...

Personally, I greatly value ALL pictures, comments of gens and comparisons of reps to them...Especially in the Panerai forum. Since the currently available PAM rep models aren't the most accurate reps around, it's these gen comparisons that lead to the excellent projects that members on this and other boards come up with to make 1:1 (or at least damn near) parts (V CGs, T crowns, FGD dials, LH dials, just to name a few).

Isn't that what this hobby is all about?

And as far as price for gen or rep parts goes, my opinion is that if someone wants to make some money off of what they own or what they create, more power to them...If the market wasn't there, nothing would sell.

Just ask V how many CGs he has left, or ask FGD how many dials he has left. The seller only sets a price. It's up to all of us if we want to pay that price. Why begrudge the seller? Doesn't make much sense to me.

i think the whole "show your gens" discussion brings up an interesting matter to talk about....

in general, i think most people are hesitant about showing their gens here because they want to avoid looking like a braggart. and rightly so; no one likes someone who is always showing off. i think the key to presenting gens here is the manner in which you go about posting them. it is generally pretty easy to recognize who is looking for attention and who is just excited about their new toy. i know when i got my first genuine watch (my beloved sinn u2), i was so excited about it i just had to share it with my friends here at RWG.

anyways, just my $0.02 ;)

deltatahoe

People should definitely show gens here if they have them. Having a gen watch and being a bragging arogant git don't go hand in hand, as is evident by all the gen owners here.

Whenever I have seen gen items posted it has always been in good faith and taste....never 'look at my super expensive watch, bet you wish you had one' etc etc. I think if people take offence to seeing a gen here it says more about them, than the OP.

At the end of the day a watch is a watch, rep or gen. If a member has a gen, post it. I sure know that I love seeing Robbies UN, Laz's Stephens and By-tors Rollies, V's Pams, Dtan's Big Pilot.....the list goes on!

People should definitely show gens here if they have them. Having a gen watch and being a bragging arogant git don't go hand in hand, as is evident by all the gen owners here.

Whenever I have seen gen items posted it has always been in good faith and taste....never 'look at my super expensive watch, bet you wish you had one' etc etc.

Exactly. Remember when Sanro posted his beautiful PP 5980/1A:

ppmar08eh8.jpg

Thats a $50,000 watch. No one had a go at him for posting such a watch, and he displayed no snobbish attitude at all. In fact he was really humble and felt somewhat shy posting that photo!

At the end of the day, a watch is a watch. Owning a gen doesn't make you any better of a person than a rep owner, and owning a rep doesn't make you any worse of a person than a gen owner.

People who judge others based on what watch is on their wrist, well I feel sorry for them, I can't put it in any other way. Theres much more to a person than what watch is on their wrist.

V, for what it's worth .. I never think of you as a Genuine collector or a Rep. Collector but rather jus as.... V .. a Family Member and great copntributor to the RWG..

You have never, ever come across as Obtuse, condecending or plain Snobbish in any way, shape or form !!!

So the saying is..... "Those that mind don't matter... and those that matter don't mind!"

I hope the person who made those uncalled for remarks realizes that it was said out of emotions and not true facts ... opinions are like assholes... everybody got one.. :D

Look at all the support !!! another example that this place is far from "just watches"

Aloha~Cheers

R