When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got the call today

stilty

My local AD called me today to let me know that they just got in a Deep Sea and they are holding it for me to come and look at. DAMN!

I tell me wife and she says to go get it. God bless her. But there is no way I can justify dropping that kind of money right now, especially with the economy the way it is.

I've heard that lots of DS owners have sold it very quickly after buying one. Even the least objective Rolex fanboys don't seem to like how it wears and sits on the wrist.

Personally, I think the DS is ugly as hell. Amazing watch technically though.

My local AD called me today to let me know that they just got in a Deep Sea and they are holding it for me to come and look at. DAMN!

I tell me wife and she says to go get it. God bless her. But there is no way I can justify dropping that kind of money right now, especially with the economy the way it is.

Stilts...ARE YOU NUTS!?!?

GO GET IT...If you can't justify it, I have a pretty cute 1 yr old I'll trade ya...

IMG_8080_edit_small.jpg

Not really...His mom would kill me.

Buy it and sit on it for 10 years. I will write you a check for the difference between the amount you paid for it and the value you sell it for if the former is above the latter. Great investment...buy it and hold onto it for the kids/ retirement...the economy will be fine you just have to hold on for a bit...if you can, get a Tourneau-like plan where you pay over 24 months...that way you'll at least beat inflation.

I would wait. The word is that these will be readily available at the ADs in June. Remember, the deep sea replaced the sea dweller. The deep sea will be around for some time to come. I say pick up an SD if you want something that will apreciate over the next ten years. ;)

I agree with bruce79. If you're going to part with the money a last of the line SD is the one to buy.

I agree with you and with Bruce.

Mine seems to already have increased in 1 year.

The 16600 is a fantastic watch where the Deep Sea is "too much" of everything.

Too much writings, too fat, stupid little bracelet, ...

You cannot go wrong with a SeaDweller but you might have to wait for 2 generations to see the DeepSea become "valuable".

i think the 16600 SD would be a good investment.. the deep sea will be worth money but later down the road. Buying both would be nice! I would buy it and wear it though.. just make sure rolex doesnt change parts when you send for service. I might consider a gen deepsea next year when they are more available.

come to think of it, if you're prepared to drop that kind of cash on a Rolex, I say get the ss daytona...they're more readily available now than they have been in a while due to the 'meltdown.' You'd spend the same as you would on a deepsea, have a classic, and a way better investment. Every deeepsea I see being sold on the second hand market is being sold at a loss. And it will stay that way for a least a couple of more years.

Stilts...ARE YOU NUTS!?!?

GO GET IT...If you can't justify it, I have a pretty cute 1 yr old I'll trade ya...

IMG_8080_edit_small.jpg

Not really...His mom would kill me.

The boy is much better looking than the watch, and probably wears better too, but his value goes down and the maintenance goes up the longer you keep him. Tough choice...

Go and buy that watch ! I love my rep. The bracelet is in no way to small, it is one of the coolest watch designs ever. Be aware though that it is not for a wrist size that is on the small side. I think those who sold theirs were most likely little guys who could not pull it off.

542of9.jpg

IMO:

the best, when you plan to buy one GEN expensive watch ( in particular way when you buy one so different and particular case watch ), is to buy before the REP.

Rumors seed the right rep is coming.

This get you the change to get one extensive wear test on you!!

This for two reasons:

1- you'll be sure that that case caliber and wearing is perfect for you.

2- You have not the fear to spent money for the GEN now, and you'll take all the time to find the best offer and right offer for that watch .

3- If you do not like the REP or you'll buy the GEN, you can always sell the REP !

I do not know about what you do guys,

but this procedure let me the change with an affordable price, to chose the perfect GEN for me.

I some cases , after have tested wear the rep I discovered that the gen was not for me, in other cases I bought the GEN with the safe that it was perfect for me .

:plane:

dont buy it as an investment, you're better off buying a GIC or savings bond

Well, we played phone tag the rep at the AD, so I take that as a sign. I did speak with another sales rep and asked about the SD, and was told there is no chance of getting one as they are discontinued and sold out.

Besides, I hear ING is in trouble, so I pulled out my rainy day savings from them today. I don't know if ING is in the US, but I know here in Canada, they offer an ISA that is convenient and I know a lot of people that hold their money with them.