When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RobbieG's Collection

RobbieG

I realized that I never really had a My Collection thread so I thought I would start one that I can keep track of and modify as changes are made. I have recently been on a mission to thin my collection to only those that make the constant wrist rotation, so I really have to love a watch now to either keep it if I have it or aquire it if I don't. There are still a few pieces that I haven't had the chance to shoot yet, but here are pics of the ones I have shot so far. For the complete list, see my signature which is always up to date...

Also note that I only keep the current watches in this thread. For some more pics of past reps and gens, please see my Blast From The Past thread here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=85317

Ulysse Nardin Dual Time 42MM (gen):

UNgmt3.jpg

UNgmt1.jpg

UNgmt4.jpg

UNgmt6r.jpg

Omega Planet Ocean 42MM (gen):

POrubber1b.jpg

PO1.jpg

PO11.jpg

PO4.jpg

Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver (gen):

UN12r.jpg

UN9r.jpg

UN11r.jpg

UN1r.jpg

Rolex Datejust "M" (gen):

DJ10.jpg

DJ1.jpg

DJ6.jpg

DJ3-1.jpg

IWC Aquatimer Titanium Chronograph (gen):

Aquatimer7r.jpg

Aquatimer2r.jpg

Aquatimer8r.jpg

Aquatimer6r.jpg

Thanks Dog,

From what I hear, the rumour is that there should be a really nice 1:1 UN rep before the year end. Although I hear it isn't the MMD sadly...

lovely collection RobbieG!

I especially love the UN and the 1900 Enamel Dialed Hommage...

enjoy your beauties....and while you have the gen UN, I still hope to see a nice rep of it!

Very nice collection!

Take the first three....PO, MMD, Rollie.... the texture on those dials.....just can't beat a gen sometimes. Them you move onto the Breitling and the IWC.....everything about them just looks so crisp!

Some reps we have these days are so close. However, when you see some of these gens you realise that in actual fact the tiny difference between the reps and gens extrapolates to a huge difference with the overall appearance of the watch.

:wub:

Thanks brother. Yeah, for me it is all in the details of which you speak. They are minor details for sure to many here, but there is just that special look and feel that I can only satisfy with a gen. So even that is more of a semantic decision really. I basically said to myself as long as I can easily afford a gen I might want, and I can pay for it without any impact to my lifestyle or giving to my family, I'm going to do it. It's like, "Hey why not, you only live once...".

But as such I have nothing changing as a result emotionally, if that makes any sense. So if there comes a day when I can't afford so many gens or whatever I will be more than happy with the reps without missing a beat. And that said, I have reps to thank for all of these gen purchases anyway. By owning the reps of all of them (except the UN of course), I got to really know and love them so much that I wanted to take it all the way and get the gen. For me, reps have evolved into a great way to see if I really love a watch before I consider throwing five to ten grand at the gen.

I just can't say enough about RWG and what it has done for my watch collecting experience. Can't say the same for TZ, home of the post that exists wholly in the subject line. LOL. Plus, we have the coolest people here and I have built some lasting freindships. Even though my collection is all gens at the moment, I'm still a rep guy through and through. The only difference between the RobbieG that first joined the rep communities in 06' and the RobbieG today is I can afford more gens than I used to. But my love for watches continues to grow because of this place. It has been and continues to be my favorite source for both gen and rep information. And now I'm starting to get bit by the vintage bug and I am going to have a blast learning and building some great replica recreations. Thanks again to RWG!

Very nice collection!

Take the first three....PO, MMD, Rollie.... the texture on those dials.....just can't beat a gen sometimes. Them you move onto the Breitling and the IWC.....everything about them just looks so crisp!

Some reps we have these days are so close. However, when you see some of these gens you realise that in actual fact the tiny difference between the reps and gens extrapolates to a huge difference with the overall appearance of the watch.

:wub:

That's a collection of great watches Robbie, congrats!

I've always been happier with smaller collection too. I currently have only 9 watches, and I still find it difficult to give all of them regular wrist time.

Thanks a lot guys. It means everything to me to be able to proudly share my collection with a bunch of guys who truly love watches as much as I do. And I love the challenge of trying to take goot photos as well - although my talent is limited compared to many other members (yeah Bytor & Pug & Jiro, I mean you, bastards...)

Actually the Fish is for sale again. I have to do a sales thread again so thanks for the reminder V. And thanks for the compliments on the other two.

Like the IWC and the UN a lot.. but those bezel numbers font remind me a lot of the Yachtmaster? But of course this is much much better ;)

Of course all the others are nice as well my friend.. Hate the Steelfish though :p

Yeah man, it sure is tough to shrink it beyond that 8 or 9 number. I already want to build a vintage Rollie rep now and I also decided I want to have a trio of Day Dates in a trio of metals (PT or WG, RG, YG) one day as well plus some other dress watches as you know, but I think a collection of under 8 sports watches is easily do-able like you are doing. You gonna keep the ceramic GMT?

That's a collection of great watches Robbie, congrats!

I've always been happier with smaller collection too. I currently have only 9 watches, and I still find it difficult to give all of them regular wrist time.

Thanks brother. I'll always feel my collection is pale compared to yours, but it is certainly getting more refined and diverse. I finally feel like despite the limited number, I have a watch for any occasion. Although I can see some additions in the dress watch department in the future. Problem with that is those are some serious bucks. All the gen dress watches I like are 4 times the cost of the sports watches I have... :bangin:

From classy to sporty to elegant and back again, love the versatility of your collection! Wear it in good health... regards Laz

:o

• 2 months later...

Holly mother of the cow !!!

My first post in this forum goes straight to your collection Robbie, just superb !! I use to visit TRW a lot back in 2004, and I even bought a beautiful Breguet Tourbillon from EddieLee (not sure he is still in business, but one of the best dealers at that time).

Would it be much if I ask you the dealer where you got every piece from ? (you can answer via pm if you prefer).

Congrats, honestly ... your collection is one to follow.

Cheers, and I look forward to share and give a lot of joy !!

Edited by lindamar

Hey Robbie. The watches are great but I'm suprised no one has mentioned the quality of the photography which is supurb! A man of many talents, well two at least :) Several of those shots could easily be framed and hung as art.

That's because we pat his back all the time in the other posts. ;)

It's true though...his pics rock!

Holly mother of the cow !!!

My first post in this forum goes straight to your collection Robbie, just superb !! I use to visit TRW a lot back in 2004, and I even bought a beautiful Breguet Tourbillon from EddieLee (not sure he is still in business, but one of the best dealers at that time).

Would it be much if I ask you the dealer where you got every piece from ? (you can answer via pm if you prefer).

Congrats, honestly ... your collection is one to follow.

Cheers, and I look forward to share and give a lot of joy !!

Thanks a bunch for the compliments man. Much appreciated. No smoke and mirrors. All are from AD's, but most started as reps I used to love - loved so much only the gen would do after all. Cheers. :D

That's because we pat his back all the time in the other posts. ;)

It's true though...his pics rock!

Thanks to Toad and the Col for the compliments as well. Much appreciated. I try my best to find good natural light setups and make the watches look as good as I can. Good subjects - good setups - good photos sometimes (if mother nature cooperates) ;)

Thanks to Toad and the Col for the compliments as well. Much appreciated. I try my best to find good natural light setups and make the watches look as good as I can. Good subjects - good setups - good photos sometimes (if mother nature cooperates) ;)

Always humble. ;) You also have to know the camera, how to work with the light, etc and also have an "eye" for composition. Your images are excellent.

so....You took the pics too ????, jezzzz, now I am really shocked, really really good pics !!!

Sorry about my ignorance...but, what the heck is AD ?, all your models come from AD ... now you are going to say they are for real ???

cheers,

Lin

Authorized Dealer. Robbie's toys are the real McCoy ;)

so....You took the pics too ????

Yes, each and every one of them. Of course you don't see the dozens from each shoot that suck and only the one or two from each watch that don't - plus all the effort clone stamping dust and imperfections out in Photoshop - but that said, I'm pretty happy with the way most of them turned out that ended up in the collection thread after all. It is very time consuming so it is a but of a labor of love I suppose. Glad you like them.

And yes, all my watches at the moment are genuine - although there are fine base reps for most of them that with a few inexpensive mods can be really close to genuine quality with a very little effort as you probably know.

Me? I'm just too lazy, so if I fall in love with a rep I'll end up getting the gen - but falling in love with the rep is usually the funnest part. :D

Robbie,

Great photos! I can appreciate all the time and effort you took in these pics. And skill.

Fine watches are like fine wines. The more refined the taste the more quality demanded.

It's the majic silk pajamas, Man. He's like Hugh Hefner...slip on the Jammies and his creative spirit soars!!