When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

"Ultimate" two-tone and full gold GMTs IIc's are out!

By-Tor

Check it here:

Ultimate GMT IIc 18K/SS

This is definitely not my thing, but they have made a two-tone version of the "Ultimate" GMT. Too bad the SEL sides are "naked". Major bummer for people who were interested in this.

10.jpg

The full gold version doesn't have naked sides, but it's a bit "rich". :D

Full gold "Ultimate"

3.jpg

Good replications anyway.

Probably "plated", as the SELs are naked. The more expensive rep gold bracelets have them made out of one solid piece.

There is a big difference in gold quality between the plated and wrapped ones. I've seen them all, and THIS was the best I've ever seen. Very solid, very good feel... and the gold on that version won't wear off.

Maybe there's another version with "solid gold" SELs coming soon?

Probably "plated", as the SELs are naked. The more expensive rep gold bracelets have them made out of one solid piece.

There is a big difference in gold quality between the plated and wrapped ones. I've seen them all, and THIS was the best I've ever seen. Very solid, very good feel... and the gold on that version won't wear off.

Maybe there's another version with "solid gold" SELs coming soon?

Thank you BT... I'm concerned if it's plated.. I wonder why they would use "plated" on a rep like this.. I've been waiting for a couple of years for a decent Black/Gold TT ... *sigh*.. I guess the wait continues then.. -_-

Edit Add:.. Plated is out Wrapped will come later... (per Joshua)... hope the wrapped will be able to cover the SEL's .. they could of plated the SeL's and then brushed the overcoat.... oh well we can hope.. this was a prototype..

Well ... wording on the dial is the wrong color.

Oh man... I didn't even notice this.

How did they get this wrong?

Yeah, what a major bummer! Absolutely disastrous mistake once again.

But then again what else is new... :bangin:

Ya, that definiatly looks like plate. I'd lay a few bucks on it. How in hell did they miss the print colour? Sometimes I wounder if they (the factorys) give a toss. Then I come to my senses and realise, no, of cause not. Folk still buy 'em so they don't care at all. Shame that. That and the end links spoil a perfectly good watch.

Col.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting but I kind o wish the innacurate color on the rep was on the genuine myself. I like the look better with non-white dial fonts. Goes better with the gold IMO and the pure white just doesn't look right. Why would they do this I wonder? So as to be able to use the same dial on both steel and TT watches or am I missing something and they are different somehow in another way?

I also personally don't think the green dial or green hand look right with yellow gold. I especially dislike the green dial. Love the green on the steel though. For me, the best TT and FG Rolex sports watches are still the classic ones...

nice! i wish they have made a good rep of this or at least give me some good base to mod. saw this in person, love at first glance.

rlx1675TT702.jpg

@flex: OMG......you just made me sick! I have that exact same GEN watch/model I traded in for a GEN Blue TT SUB! Now my day is ruined! I wish I had kept that watch!