When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Someone broke into my house...

slay

he went to the 2nd (!) floor while 2 people where sleeping on the first, one on the 2nd and 3 on the 3rd floor, he went straight into the living room and picked out all my PS3 games, controllers and the PS3 and left.

he did NOT take my TV, nor did he take my xbox (for which i have many more, better games) or any other valuable stuff. It happened at exactly 4:32 in the morning (he unplugged my router, i just had a look at the log files).

i'm so freakin [censored] right now!!

WHO BREAKS INTO YOUR HOUSE WHEN THERE ARE 6 PEOPLE SLEEPING IN IT???

i'm still wondering what would have happened if had had woken up and seen him.

i dont know what i should feel right now, happy because he didnt take my xbox360?, sad because my ps3 is gone, angry because i dont know who it was and can't get revenge?

whats REALLY pissing me off though is that i got the ps3 with a cell phone contract and i will have to pay that thing off for the next 1.5 years!!

Bastards.

Last Friday morning I woke up to discover one of my cars was stolen. It was parked in the driveway directly below my bedroom window where I was sleepng. It's not a great car, but a '94 Honda Accord with 110,000 miles on it. But here in the US they love to steal Accords because they're easy to break into and there is a high demand for parts. It's my beater that I use to schlep my bikes or supplies for the garden. But it's reliable and I'd like to pay off my newest car before buying a replacement for the Honda.

Fortunately the police found the car on Tuesday, and other than a smashed ignition it wasn't in too bad shape. Yesterday the ignition was replaced, and today the car is at the detailer to be steam cleaned (they left the windows partly open and rain got in), so we should have it back tomorrow.

One of the interesting things is that they left a lot of stuff in my car that they must have dumped from yet another stolen car. When I sorted through all this stuff I found several receipts with name and address information (alas not the thieves' contact info), so I've contacted the owner to return her belongings. I don't know if she, too, will get her car back, but at least she'll get her books, some clothing, and kids toys.

It's probably too much to ask, Slay, but I hope you get your things back as well.

i think it must have been someone from the neighborhood or even those living across our house.

my russian friends told me to leave the door open one night and hide with them and wait for the crook to come back for the rest and then get him.

i will call sony and ask them if they can track my serial/PSN account.. i know microsoft does it, but i think sony doesnt :(

Edited by slay

Well, to try and look for a positive in this shitty situation. At least you and the 5 others that were sleeping were not hurt. You never know what kind of sketchy freak could be robbing you. They could have been armed, and it could have been a lot worse if you or someone else startled them.

But it sure would be nice to catch them and introduce them to the staircase with their face!

Really sorry to hear that man...I'd have to echo that it def. sounds like the thief knew exactly what he/she was looking for...neighbourhood kids maybe? If you've got homeowner's insurance (idk about Germany) in the US that sort of thing would be covered with a corresponding police report and you could probably submit a claim. Can't hurt to call Sony GmbH either...

As others have said, thank God you and your family were not hurt at all....it sucks a lot (I've left my wallet at a bar shitfaced before...'Nuff said) but it's a replaceable, insurable item...life isn't...

Sorry to hear this.

I can feel you, they tried to break into my apartment two times since last August, and a few days ago they broke my car's glass.

Try to keep up, think of what could happen if someone woke up -- or if the bastard found your collection.

what a douche man sorry to hear it. The perp definitly knew your house cause he knew how to bypass all the sleeeping people. Probably didint want to mess with your xbox since it would probably get the red rings in a month or so anyway, ^_^ .

As for Sony tracking the ps3. Perhaps if the moron signs onto your PS3 network account, they can get an IP for you but I doubt theyll even bother.

Be happy he didint find your watch collection. I myself have a gps reciever in my watch box in case someone breaks in and they try to run off with the whole box.

In fact, i have a few gps recievers. My watch box, car (actually its lojack), and my dog. Im thinking about getting two more. One for the fridge and one for my wife, which Ill surgically implant when shes sleeping, this way, when the fat [censored] runs off with the fridge, Ill have twice as much luck finding both of em.

Heres to them finding your burglar *toasts his coffee*

sorry to hear but it sounds like an inside job ... whoever came in knew exactly what he wanted and how to find it

in fact, i'm surprised if the cops didn't think you were in on it

i reckon you can get the ps3's mac address from your router's dhcp client list

that in turn can be used to track the device the next time it connects to the internet

the situation can't get any better as the economy grinds slower and expectations stay the same

i hope you had some form of insurance to make good your loss

Bit of advice, don't replace the ps3. Use the insurance money to purchase a simple security system! If nothing else, alarm your windows and doors and install a simple security camera array that covers the entry, and each side of your home!

This is not just a burglery, it is a home invasion. Oh, and by the way get your self a double barrel shot gun and learn how to use it.

Well, to try and look for a positive in this shitty situation. At least you and the 5 others that were sleeping were not hurt. You never know what kind of sketchy freak could be robbing you. They could have been armed, and it could have been a lot worse if you or someone else startled them.

But it sure would be nice to catch them and introduce them to the staircase with their face!

There should be no need to look on the positive as this should not happen!

I'm sure if Slay had caught them, his training would have taken over and they would have got what they deserve.

Hopefully your cellphone wasn't stolen along with the PS3 (but that's probably near you when you're asleep I guess).

Try reporting the MAC address but unless they are stupid, they would probably replace that cheaply.

Good luck!

Bit of advice, don't replace the ps3. Use the insurance money to purchase a simple security system! If nothing else, alarm your windows and doors and install a simple security camera array that covers the entry, and each side of your home!

This is not just a burglery, it is a home invasion. Oh, and by the way get your self a double barrel shot gun and learn how to use it.

This is advice I like B)

A less lethal alternative, is on of these

The Intruder

sinint.jpg

Just keep it on the bedside table, and if anyone ever breaks in again, you can proceed to give them a good smacking with it.

If you wind up in court, and some snoot lawyer asks why you keep a surgical steel truncheon by the bed, you can simply say that it is an adult toy, you like to cram it up your Missus, and, in the midst of panic, grabbed the first thing which came to hand ;)

This is advice I like B)

The Intruder

sinint.jpg

Just keep it on the bedside table, and if anyone ever breaks in again, you can proceed to give them a good smacking with it.

If you wind up in court, and some snoot lawyer asks why you keep a surgical steel truncheon by the bed, you can simply say that it is an adult toy, you like to cram it up your Missus, and, in the midst of panic, grabbed the first thing which came to hand ;)

HAHAHA. I think the BLOCKBUSTER would be more effective... and more fun in court! I wonder how I can get one of those through customs?

I still think one should look at the positive side of things. Home Invasion is serious and it could have been a lot worse... training or no training.

This is advice I like B)

The Intruder

sinint.jpg

No one woke up so any weaponry would have been of no use in this case.

I hope your Missus doesn't cram that up there .... it really would justify it's name of The Intruder :o

Hmmm... why do you know of this site already ? :g:

(yes the last comment is a joke!)

Edited by Chronus

I called the police, the woman on the phone told me they would NOT come by and check for fingerprints or anything. She told me, because it was 1 night ago, they wouldn't do anything. The only thing I can do is go to the police office and report it

I told her, that I was trying to make sure noone I know played a prank on me and that I tried to investigate the matter myself, but she would not listen. She got really pissy on the phone.

When I asked her for the address, she could only tell me the street name, not even the number, I asked her what kind of police officer she is when she can't even tell me where the police station is nor be of any assitance in this matter.

I'm really dissapointed at the police, one reason more to take matters into my own hand. But I know what they will say when there is 3 liters of blood on my living room floor: "why didnt you call us for assitance?" and then I will wind up being the criminal, I'm sure!

All those suggestions for weapins are all nice and stuff, but I am a soldier, I know how to take people out, I would not need more than a little swiss army knife for that (though it would definitely give me more satisfaction to beat the sh*t out of that crook with a steel baton or a brick), but the thing is I didnt notice anyone breaking in, nor did the 5 other people who were sleeping here.

And the laws here... I would probably get a sentence higher than the criminal if I harmed him. I'm sure he would get probabtion (if that) and then wait for me some night with 20 friends and beat the hell out of me. And I'm not allowed to carry anything for self defense with me (or have it in my house). No gas-gun (they shoot tear gas) and not even a telescopic baton. So If I took someone down with anything other than a kitchen knife (and probably even than) I would risk facing charges for having somthing illegal.

Over here, even a waterpistol is illegal if it resembles a real gun. So I cant even use a BB gun or whatever to scare him. This would result in me getting charged with posetion of an illegal firearm.

Edited by slay

HAHAHA. I think the BLOCKBUSTER would be more effective... and more fun in court! I wonder how I can get one of those through customs?

I still think one should look at the positive side of things. Home Invasion is serious and it could have been a lot worse... training or no training.

The Blockbuster could work, I guess I just prefer the more traditional styling of the Intruder. It's obvious what it is: A metal kosh, but the 'alternate branding', somewhat legitimizes it's ownership (for domestic use ;):lol: )

No one woke up so any weaponry would have been of no use in this case.

That's true, but having a 'persuader' close to hand could certainly ease the post-burglary jitters :)

I hope your Missus doesn't cram that up there .... it really would justify it's name of The Intruder :o

Hmmm... why do you know of this site already ? :g:

(yes the last comment is a joke!)

I saw them discussed on a forum a few years back, and thought they'd be awesome as weapons. To be honest, I don't own one, it's a heck of a lot of money to shell out something like that, but the idea is great :)

TeeJay does it vibrate and what size of batteries does it take?

As far as I can tell from the website, it's a solid lump of surgical-grade steel...

I called the police, the woman on the phone told me they would NOT come by and check for fingerprints or anything. She told me, because it was 1 night ago, they wouldn't do anything. The only thing I can do is go to the police office and report it

I told her, that I was trying to make sure noone I know played a prank on me and that I tried to investigate the matter myself, but she would not listen. She got really pissy on the phone.

When I asked her for the address, she could only tell me the street name, not even the number, I asked her what kind of police officer she is when she can't even tell me where the police station is nor be of any assitance in this matter.

I'm really dissapointed at the police, one reason more to take matters into my own hand. But I know what they will say when there is 3 liters of blood on my living room floor: "why didnt you call us for assitance?" and then I will wind up being the criminal, I'm sure!

All those suggestions for weapins are all nice and stuff, but I am a soldier, I know how to take people out, I would not need more than a little swiss army knife for that (though it would definitely give me more satisfaction to beat the sh*t out of that crook with a steel baton or a brick), but the thing is I didnt notice anyone breaking in, nor did the 5 other people who were sleeping here.

And the laws here... I would probably get a sentence higher than the criminal if I harmed him. I'm sure he would get probabtion (if that) and then wait for me some night with 20 friends and beat the hell out of me. And I'm not allowed to carry anything for self defense with me (or have it in my house). No gas-gun (they shoot tear gas) and not even a telescopic baton. So If I took someone down with anything other than a kitchen knife (and probably even than) I would risk facing charges for having somthing illegal.

Over here, even a waterpistol is illegal if it resembles a real gun. So I cant even use a BB gun or whatever to scare him. This would result in me getting charged with posetion of an illegal firearm.

That's an absolutely disgusting attitude for the police to take, that itself needs reporting... Crazy...

I'm not sure about your local laws, but in the UK, people are allowed to use 'reasonable force' to defend themself. If someone was to hear an intruder, grab the first thing which came to hand, and have a swing, then I believe that would be okay. If, on the other hand, someone was to go rummaging for a baseball bat, or keep one intentionally close to the bed, then that might get someone in trouble... That's why I suggested the steel 'toys'. If anyone asks why it's kept in the bedroom, then just play the " :huh: It's a sex toy... Where else should I keep it... :huh: " line. A lawyer would have a hard time arguing the item or it's 'intended use', as it's clearly sold as a sex toy ;) Heck, even a jelly dildo can give a hefty blow, like a leather sap ;)

I called the police, the woman on the phone told me they would NOT come by and check for fingerprints or anything. She told me, because it was 1 night ago, they wouldn't do anything.

Hold on, you didn't report it the morning you found out?

Well, there really isn't much they can do. However, you'll need a crime number for the insurance, so I hope they at least gave you that.

Hold on, you didn't report it the morning you found out?

Well, there really isn't much they can do. However, you'll need a crime number for the insurance, so I hope they at least gave you that.

No, I didnt call the morning, because my first guess was that one of the 5 others took it during the night because he wanted to play in his room. At first I thought someone was making a joke, because ONLY the PS3 was gone, who's first thought is that someone broke into your house while 6 people were sleeping there, passed many rooms, went up to the 3rd floor, traight into the living room, singled out 2 ps3 games out of a huge pile of XBOX games and then just took EVERYTHING that belongs to the PS3?

That is not logical!

I told them the area is completely untouched. She said she does not believe me (WTF?). Like finger prints have some sort of best-before date.