When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ghosting and Klink's Site, my confession

JohnG

JG.. man.. don't be a Martyr without a cause... although all our views don't alway's agree .. dosen't mean ya gotta self destruct .. how did this issue become such a hot topic concerning RWG as a whole ? .. I for one thought of looking for facts.. but what for?? to drag someone through broken glass .. at the end of the day was anything corrupted in such a way that it is irreversible??

Now that everyone is aware of what may be happening .. why not let it go for now ??

It's fine to be a rebel .. but to be a rebel without a clue is a waste of energy ...

Can we get back to watches or a resonable replication.. :rolleyes:

ehhh.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: CB... Wad up B) .. how ya been...see things are still alive and well here.. :whistling:

Peace ~

L

JG.. man.. don't be a Martyr without a cause... although all our views don't alway's agree .. dosen't mean ya gotta self destruct .. how did this issue become such a hot topic concerning RWG as a whole ? .. I for one thought of looking for facts.. but what for?? to drag someone through broken glass .. at the end of the day was anything corrupted in such a way that it is irreversible??

Now that everyone is aware of what may be happening .. why not let it go for now ??

It's fine to be a rebel .. but to be a rebel without a clue is a waste of energy ...

Can we get back to watches or a resonable replication.. :rolleyes:

ehhh.. :thumbsupsmileyanim: CB... Wad up B) .. how ya been...see things are still alive and well here.. :whistling:

Peace ~

L

allot of things were corrupted in such a way that will never be reversed, you can bet the farm on that.

OK guys after JohnG's confession I took some time to reflect about my own lie which I have been feeding this community for years now. I didnt want to do this due to the complications it may cause me and the other members involved but I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that it is indeed the best thing to do for the sake of RWG.

Guys...

I'm Jetmid.

Another lie. Pugwash has already established that I am the new Jetmid - except that I don't have a jet or a $50K Patek. But if I ever do I'll be sure to let the membership know...

OK guys after JohnG's confession I took some time to reflect about my own lie which I have been feeding this community for years now. I didnt want to do this due to the complications it may cause me and the other members involved but I thought about it and I came to the conclusion that it is indeed the best thing to do for the sake of RWG.

Guys...

I'm Jetmid.

Guys...

I'm Jetmid.

lol, liar :bangin: , you cant be cuz i am the real jetmid.

if any1 wants proof, please..

What is the big problem here...?

Look its really simple, the dude apologised. OK, an apology ISN'T enough... BUT, he can, and, given the chance, will make amends to the people he caused harm too.

Why would you stick a label on a man who has done something wrong (like we all have, millions of times), but has had the balls to not only admit it to the victims, but ALL of us! That takes balls the size of space-hoppers, if you ask me!

@ the people who he didn't do any damage too, stop preaching.

@ the people he did do damage too, show some compassion and request amends be made, so he is in the clear again with you guys.

It took balls to own up mate, you ARE a good person, you made a mistake, we all have...

And remember, all of you condemning him... Let he who hath no sin cast the first stone...

Moi

i would never expect anything less from you.

I don't even know how to begin this post so I guess I will just say it.

I am the person who created the "ghost" members at Klink's new site, RC. Specifically, FakeMaster, LegendofSpeed, Daytona4me, Sub4me, By-Tor, Anubis, and Piratedzeus. At the time I was doing this, it seemed funny. Now I am deeply ashamed of my behavior.

I had had a very brief and unpleasant interaction with Klink on RWI when I was a new arrival. I have become aware over time of some of the shenanigans that Klink engaged in himself when he was a member with considerable responsibility at RWI. So two days ago when I saw the thread started at RWGjr in which he used a membership created in Cybee's name to post, I became curious about the site and joined. I quickly realized that the vast majority of the content at the site had been copied without permission.

Somehow in my own mind I used this fact and my own over all impression of Klink to rationalize doing a prank. So I created the fictional Fakemaster personality, posting some of his content to RC, and generally interacting with the site as I thought Fakemaster might. What seemed incredible to me was that when Klink found out that Fakemaster had denied posting on his site, Klink assumed it was a plot to sabotage the site. And those outside the site, almost to a person, assumed Klink was the author of the fake Fakemaster personality. My prank, in my mind, had been a bigger success than I could have imagined.

At this point I lost control over what might have been funny if I had come clean at that time. Yesterday I created the remaining ghosts - and I found the resulting confusion and accusations and counter accusations entertaining, for the simple reason that Klink's own past conduct had created a situation in which both he suspected many different people of sabotaging him and those same people by and large suspected him of playing strange games on his own site. I made my puppets speak as I thought their genuine counterparts might in reality by sampling some of their posts to get a sense of their posting style. I had Fakemaster post useful information and admiration for the site, LOS express disappointment in the use of content without permission and the ghosting of members, Daytona4me back up LOS, By-Tor ask for his content to be taken down, and Sub4me be generally raucous.

As I sit here and type this I am ashamed to admit that at this hour yesterday I was watching with great amusement as Klink ran around accusing most of these individuals of being spiteful or ungrateful, or both. I never once stopped to consider what lasting damage this might actually have to existing relationships within the entire replica community. I never stopped and thought about the considerable time and effort that Klink must have put into creating his site. Or the joy and pride that it must have given him.

Last night before the last of my id's was shut down at RC, I saw a post by Trailboss (who I don't know if I will ever be able to face again, given that he has always been a friend but I feigned ignorance to him about what was happening), replying to a noob question, "Who is Klink." In this reply, among other things, Trailboss posted a picture of Klink. For the first time I saw him as a human being. Undoubtedly a human being with many flaws, much like myself, but a person deserving of a level of respect far above what I was showing him. At this point, my "prank" ceased to be fun. And I looked at the threads running in three forums in a different light. How could the prank be undone? Why hadn't I stopped earlier? Later I read that Klink has been battling cancer and speculation that his mind may have been affected by affected by his treatment. Someone described the sadness of a lonely sick person just trying to hang onto his hobby. At this point I began to feel like a monster.

And this morning I awoke to find that the site has been taken down.

I do not know what punishment I deserve but I am sure that it is greater than anything that anyone here can mete out. I deserve and fully expect to be banned from all of the forums.

Nevertheless, I want the truth to be known. And I want to apologize to everyone. Members whose time I have wasted, the friends who I have disappointed and trust betrayed, the members whose names I appropriated for my own sick fun, and most of all, to Phil. I am so sorry. I read at one of the forums that someone has phone contact with him. Perhaps there are more that can reach him. Please communicate to him the truth and encourage him to put the site back up. If I were to be the cause of the destruction of this person's only joy, I don't know how I could bear it.

I myself am a sick person as is clear from my conduct. But I have no excuse, no justification, no right to behave as I have.

To FakeMaster, LegendofSpeed, Daytona4me, Sub4me, By-Tor, Anubis, and Piratedzeus... and all the other people I have been mean to in the past, and to the friends here whose respect I will now have deservedly lost, and most of all to Klink himself, please know that I am deeply, deeply, sorry.

JohnG

It's not nice to make fun of special needs kids.

I don't give a [censored] how many posts one has here or how high one considers himself on the virtual totem pole.

Being sir postalot does not smooth over bad behavior or give credibility to an indefensible position.

Anyone who thinks this is funny is disturbed.

What if it was your kid?

Since everyone seems to have weighed in on this now, I vote we drop it all and get back to more meaningful discussions like whether I'm the new Jetmid or not and/or whether or not P4GTR is really going to come out of the closet or not.

In other words, let's lighten up and put the heavy stuff behind us before it just gets too morbid around here. We all see and here enough of that stuff elsewhere I'm sure - especially in the world as it is today.

And even funny stuff aside, the watch talk is shrinking a little which bothers me. Some of the brand forums are hardly touched lately which is sad. There has also been more than enough cross forum stuff and dealer hatred and intra-member feuds and Paypal issues and the like to last a lifetime in the past few months. Let's all make a pact to start more meaningful watch related discussions and kickstart this place with some positive energy for a change. Join with me in saying enough is enough.

In honor of that positive energy, look what I did recently. Someone had given me this titanium Skagen quartz watch as a gift that came on a matching Ti bracelet. I of course wouldn't wear a non-mechanical watch being a bit of a purist, so I bought some fun colored gator straps with speed pins for easy changing and gave it to my fiance'. She loves it and it looks great on her...

Skagen1.jpg

Skagen3.jpg

Skagen4.jpg

what a dink...

reminds me of the kind of kids that kill cats and eventually move into killing people...

what's next, stealing credit cards or social security numbers?? identity theft.

just gross... guys like LegendofSpeed, Daytona4me, and Anubis are people I have dealt with and have a lot of respect for. this is horrible...