When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the most and least comfortable watch you own?

RobbieG

Most comfortable to me are ANY of the SUB/GMT varieties, both Gen or Rep. Actually, do to weight, I might have to give a nod to my Sector STE220:

223-12330s.jpg

Least Comfortable - I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY "MTM" watches, overpriced quartz crap, and horrible customer service!!!

patriotblackmetalblb4.jpg

I am surprised there aren't more Graham's on here, and more PAM's for that matter. I am debating between a 40 and a 44 mm PAM at the moment. I am worried that the 44mms won't be likeable very long. Doesn't the crown guard dig into the wrist?....

I have a SOH and for a big watch it's really comfortable, especially with thte curved lugs. I've also read alot of people find it way more comfortable than the PO. It's a little heavy, though, even on my 7 3/8wrist.

For me the worst offender would be the UPO I think, the bracelet just doesn't want to stay on the arm in one place so it slides down and the crown hits the back of my hand all the time. I find the Pams to be comfortable though.

Most comfortable - PPK Aquanaut with rubber bracelet and deployment.

Only watch I own (including SMP), that I forget that I have on.

PPK Nautilus also extremely comfortable with SS bracelet, but I wear it loosely.

Most all watches can be made to fit comfortably if the time is taken to properly fit the bracelet.

I was surprised to see a post saying the Heritage was most UN comfortable. For me it is the opposite.

I have a sub 7'' wrist and I think the 46mm case on the Heritage because of the way it is made fits my smaller

wrist really comfortably.

Least comfortable would be the AP T3, just to thick. Like wearing a hockey puck.

45mm PO is unwearable for me. Just doesn't feel balanced, For 45mm watch is wears larger than a Fiddy.

Most comfortable are the IWC 3717 or GST. I prefer the profile of the 3717, but the GST has the nicer bracelet.

For least comfortabe I have to join the chorus voting for the UPO. I love the watch, but after a few days of wear the raised profile of the watchback irritates my wrist.

Second least comfortable would be the Breitling Evolution on a bracelet. It's very comfortable on a leather strap, but the weight and fit of the bracelet lead me to wear that combination only when I really need a change of pace.

Overall straps are more comfortable than bracelets, but I still prefer bracelets-- with the exception of on Pams. There the feel of a great leather strap makes the entire wearing experience.

My least and most comfortable watch are the same. However, this is pretty subjective as to be honest most all of my watches are very comfortable or I wouldn't have bought them.

My Panerai 111 with leather strap is very comfortable, but with the rubber strap it feels a bit sticky.

I cycle many hundreds of miles every week and I like to wear my watch. I didn't want to subject a leather strap to that much sweat so I wear may Pam with the rubber strap it came with. On the plus side the whole unit is easy to clean, but the rubber doesn't feel great against the skin and the sweat that gathers underneath is nasty...