When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling certificates

yodap

Hi all!

I am just wondering why the rep makers don't print certificates, if they make such good watches? Even boxes are crap, however I heard thet the new style boxset is quite good.

Does anybody know a source to get the paperwork? Or it would be even better if someone owning a gen could scan his certificate, remove the serial No. (e.g. in Paint) and upload it somewhere! I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it!

Thanks!

And why would you want papers? Do you carry them around to proof your watch is gen? Do you invite people to your home to look at the papers? In my opinion replicated papers stimulate and enourage scamming. Maybe not you but perhaps the person you might sell the watch to in the future....

People with gen watches (I'm one) keep their certificates and papers locked up in a safe. And if anyone would ever doubt the authenticity of my watch and wants to see the papers, my reaction would be to 'F off'! (sales excluded ;)).

Well, I fully understand your opinion, I don't want to sell my watch as gen or anything, but I'm only 16, and I can't afford a breitling at the moment, but I want a """gen""" watch... So I'm planning to mod my skyland (relume, eta7750 with breit rotor, gen OR strap, gen box etc.) and all I would need else then these is a correct paperwork... That's why I'm asking you guys...

Greetz.

And why would you want papers? Do you carry them around to proof your watch is gen? Do you invite people to your home to look at the papers? In my opinion replicated papers stimulate and enourage scamming. Maybe not you but perhaps the person you might sell the watch to in the future....

People with gen watches (I'm one) keep their certificates and papers locked up in a safe. And if anyone would ever doubt the authenticity of my watch and wants to see the papers, my reaction would be to 'F off'! (sales excluded ;)).

Totally agree with this one.

Besides if someone would ever doubt the authenticity of my watches

i would dare him to buy any of them from me along with the paperwork

This would be the only way for him to take a close look at the paperwork

Papers are for sale purposes only.You dont just walk around with your house

papers in your pocket,or do you?

Cheers

No, I just want to try to tell MYSELF it is a gen... I've got a gen Tag Heuer Kirium quartz what I got from my father for birthday , and I never told anybody it's a gen... Anyway, I don't even wear it, I don't really like quartz watches.

But back to the point: I just want to "fool" MYSELF, not anybody else. You might believe me, you might not, I don't care! If anybody uploads a certificate, I'll appreciate it, if not, then not.

I didn't start the topic to argue with anybody, sorry guys, maybe it was my bad...

Greetz.

No, I just want to try to tell MYSELF it is a gen... I've got a gen Tag Heuer Kirium quartz what I got from my father for birthday , and I never told anybody it's a gen... Anyway, I don't even wear it, I don't really like quartz watches.

But back to the point: I just want to "fool" MYSELF, not anybody else. You might believe me, you might not, I don't care! If anybody uploads a certificate, I'll appreciate it, if not, then not.

I didn't start the topic to argue with anybody, sorry guys, maybe it was my bad...

Greetz.

No harm done Yodap. I partially understand your standpoint. There is no arguing here just sharing some opinions ;). Sadly there are also people among us with other intentions for our high-end reps than just collecting them en appreciating them for what they are: Replicas! Don't fool yourself!

No harm done Yodap. I partially understand your standpoint. There is no arguing here just sharing some opinions ;). Sadly there are also people among us with other intentions for our high-end reps than just collecting them en appreciating them for what they are: Replicas! Don't fool yourself!

Yes, I understend... Anyway, I've got a PM that someone here would scan his paperwork for $200 :D No way, maybe for $2 :D

Greetz.

I just don't get why anyone would want papers let alone pay any amount of money for them?

Other than as nice props for a photo shoot, what is the point :rolleyes:

Don't get discouraged by the response you got. Wanting papers for a Rep always get the spidey senses up that someone is up to no good ;)

I just don't get why anyone would want papers let alone pay any amount of money for them?

Other than as nice props for a photo shoot, what is the point :rolleyes:

Don't get discouraged by the response you got. Wanting papers for a Rep always get the spidey senses up that someone is up to no good ;)

As I said above, I don't care what you think. I just want a complete set for my watch. That's all.

That was wise... You still think I'm some ebay b.tch trying to get some money, but I'm not. You should know that the cert wouldn't be perfect, since the logo is raised on the gen, which is not doable, that prooves that I don't want to sell the watch...

Thats for " I am a f.ckin' scammer trying to steal money from anybody selling a thing like it is what it's not. " .

Please close topic.

Greetings.

Young Jedi has lots to learn

?????

Whats the problem with wanting some fancy rep paperwork to go with my rep watch that sits in a rep box? No offense guys but I dont really see the problem. if josh sold fancy paperwork I would consider it.

I appreciate there are issues with scammers but imo if your willing to part with $1000's on a watch without meeting the guy at an ad's to confirm authenticity. Then you deserve to get scammed. There, yeh I said it!!!! Just need your bank account details and sort code saaaaar. youve just won the ugandan lottery. :D

I'd like box and papers for my reps... No, not to convince people they're genuine (after all, who is going to see them?) just because it completes the set so to speak. Feels a bit more special. With Breitlings in particular I like the little leather carry case they come with. I don't think of having a gen looking certificate as any different to having a gen looking logo on the watch. If you only want a rep Rolex because the design looks good, well you could get one that says Kolex instead of Rolex and avoid legal complications!

Edited by TenJed69

Wow...

Ok, I am totally against 'papers' for replica watches for the scam ideas referenced above.

The ONLY place this has a shred of usefulness ~might~ be for getting through customs.

But seriously, if you want "papers" spend enough time with Google-- somewhere, for some auction somewhere, there is probably a photo of one. If it is 'truly' for your own piece of mind as someone who is a completionist (<- is that a word), just fire up <your favorite pagemaker software> and 'create' your own Tribute Papers.

That's nice man! I'm sure you bought the paperwork to sell it as a gen on the bay... And you are a f.ckin scammer just like me right?

No, I don't think so.

Greetz.

Okay you've made your point as have others. Let's keep the posts respectful please.

Whilst this is a subject worthy of debate, there is nothing to be gained in trashing each other.

JTB

I used to like to get boxes for photo props when I bought a lot of reps. The papers were always marginal - except Rolex booklets which provided a nice backdrop for pics. Most gen papers are kind of boring too, with one exception. The UN papers come in this cool leather portfolio with the chronometer test results on this cool parchment like security paper. There is an amamzing COSC logo as well.

Anyway, not to get OT but I can see why someone would like papers for a watch if they are cool to make for better pics. As for "fooling" one self I have no idea what that is all about but to each his own. Hey, I know most have seen the watch before but check out these papers and how they just "make" the photos...

UN12r.jpg

UN11r.jpg

UN10r.jpg

UN9r.jpg