When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nice suit watch 42mm or smaller!

Maldo76

I had the same issue and found after ordering over 10 different reps that the following requirements are needed to match a suit and make a watch a decent part of your business outfit:

- not to big (indeed; 42 mm is allready pushing the enveloppe as a great number of cuffs do not accomodate bigger wachtes)

- (double)-AR for high-end rep's as it will scream FAKE for the connaissours who are certainly out there (especially in Banking)

- apply the rule-of-thumb that a men's watch is always appr. 1.5 times his montly income. So if you make say 5,000 a month and suddenly show up at work with a tourbillion worth 100k+ everybody will have a great laugh

- thus also best to start showing off your watch at meaningfull moments (end-of-year; promotion; birthday; bonus-payments, ...)

Personally my current favorites at the office include:

- IWC mk XVI (have to admit it's a gen)

IMG_1691.jpg

- IWC GST (yep; the white-face dial perfectly matches a white shirt! but they also come in Ti which is a blast according to Pug and SD4K)

96fffc81.jpg

- IWC Ingenieur (works especially well in the more IT related parts of business)

IMG_2290.jpg

But other great-timers like the Omega Seamaster and Planet Ocean (bond-watch) and Rolexes work fine offcourse.

although you will raise more eye-browse and get the questions 'is that a rep your wearing'?

Personally I never pretend a rep to be a gen, but that's just my style....

oooppss; almost forgot the last rule-of-thumb... as you can see from my personall preference it's also a sign of character if you 'stick with a brand'. same for BMW vs Merc driver; guess those will not 'step over to the dark side' once they've made their first purchase?

VC Malte Chrono (40-41MM) is in my book one of the nicest dress reps around. Reliable Venus 175 copy movement that is not so different from the gen (which uses a Lemania based hand wind column wheel movement) and a very accurate dial. Looks super dressy with a glazed gator as I had on it when I had it. Wore it to a few black tie events and got many complements. Never got called out either obviously...

Malte27.jpg

Malte14.jpg

Malte36.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte5.jpg

I just got a brown leather strap for my Aqua Terra and it looks AWESOME! Unfortunately the rotor screw fell out and i haven't found a screwdriver "sharp enough" to put it back! DOH!

Man, that's a kick in the nuts right there... In the past, when I had to, I took the smallest screwdriver I could, and then filed the sides of the tips until I made it fit :lol: Best of luck with that, and I bet the combo looks awesome :) I remember how much I liked the one I customized for my dad's birthday a couple of years ago, only to be told, that the strap was too short for his wrist :rolleyes::D

VC Malte Chrono (40-41MM) is in my book one of the nicest dress reps around. Reliable Venus 175 copy movement that is not so different from the gen (which uses a Lemania based hand wind column wheel movement) and a very accurate dial. Looks super dressy with a glazed gator as I had on it when I had it. Wore it to a few black tie events and got many complements. Never got called out either obviously...

Malte27.jpg

Malte14.jpg

Malte36.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Now thats is a very good looking watch Great choice. I ordered the Tag H. Carreda with teh rubber strap, and I think your choice is a winner, also agree with other comments on the ICW's.

Thanks all!!