When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Original prices of the Rolex Daytona 6263?

gplracer

They were inexpensive because they were generally disliked due to their design: they're not automatics, so they needed winding at least once per day. But they had screwdown crowns, which made it harder to keep them wound. The Oyster design for a manual watch was not a very well received idea.

6263a.jpg

6263b.jpg

My mother bought this watch for my father and waaaaay over paid @ reportedly ~ $400 usd in '73-'75. But thanks to the fountainhead of vintage Rolex knowledge known as 'Nanuq', the open end rivet, rivetted bracelet identifies it as a British Version/Release, so that means she bought it on vacation on Tortola BVI. They must have seen her coming :lol:

6263Daytona.jpg

But, in the long run she didn't make such a bad investment, you can always <Buy It Now> on eBay :lol:

Edited by Demsey

In 1996 the 1680's were even cheaper by a couple hundred bucks.. i wish i could go back 12 yrs and scoop up all the vintage rollies i could get my hands on.. mortgage the house and spend a 50 or 100 grand on certain watches... today they would be worth MILLIONS or buy all the comex and... wow.

Ubi..... have you finished that time machine yet?

Yeah, I wanna go back to 1968 with all of Jimmy Page's chops and riffs. You guys are all invited backstage at the 1975 Garden gig. It's going to be buck a** wild, leave the women folk at home. They will be supplied at the venue.

Yeah, I wanna go back to 1968 with all of Jimmy Page's chops and riffs. You guys are all invited backstage at the 1975 Garden gig. It's going to be buck a** wild, leave the women folk at home. They will be supplied at the venue.

I'm, as long as we can also go back to 67 for The Who show at the Monterey Pop Festival...

the Acid is on me ;)

Didn't you get the memo? :o

Drat... we all placed orders for a dozen each Rolex 6263, Rolex DR Seadweller and Rolex 6541 Milgauss. He ought to be back soon, if the Temporal Customs don't hold him up too much.

too bad the limit was only a dozen each :mellow:

... Need to build a bigger time machine next time ;) I would just go back to EVERY AD i could find and buy everything they had in stainless steel. Im sure i'd scoop up a couple COMEX's along the way ;)

B)