When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

Hey TMG...nice trio!!

What's the story on the CWP Redial of your 1675?? Who is CWP and what was entailed in the redial? Did they have blast the old printing off, and re-screen-print the whole dial???

Hi ToadT, thanks for the kind words!

CWP is Classic Watch Parts, they do vintage restoration work, redials and custom dials and sell hard to find aftermarket Rolex parts. The stock dial was sent to him, the dial was blasted off and re-screened with the vintage toned weak lume.

Hi ToadT, thanks for the kind words!

CWP is Classic Watch Parts, they do vintage restoration work, redials and custom dials and sell hard to find aftermarket Rolex parts. The stock dial was sent to him, the dial was blasted off and re-screened with the vintage toned weak lume.

Wow...quite the venture. When I saw your 1675...that really made me want to go down that path for a piece like that...but I'm thinking of one with an old perspex insert. I don't think I would go as far as doing CWP for a redial...that just sounds significantly out of reach in terms of effort and dollar. I suspect they won't just redial anything...you must need some kind of gen dial stock to start. Is this correct??

I'm thinking of one with an old perspex insert.

Like minds............

PanAm0061.jpg

I don't think I would go as far as doing CWP for a redial...that just sounds significantly out of reach in terms of effort and dollar. I suspect they won't just redial anything...you must need some kind of gen dial stock to start. Is this correct??

Incorrect. Unlike a professional dial restorer (who tend to have working relationships with gen makers), CWP will dial just about anything

Like minds............

Incorrect. Unlike a professional dial restorer (who tend to have working relationships with gen makers), CWP will dial just about anything

You're 6542 is the reason for wanting to go plastic my friend!! That perspex insert is smoking!! I was checking my Antiquorum catalogue looking at the GMTs with the pepsi perspex insert. WOW!!!

OK...now I'm going to have to look into this CWP thing a little more!! Thanks!!

Camera phone/work computer work-a-round apologies ahead of time..

I just wanted to show this unlikely combination i'm wearing. Originally just put this on NATO to test the watch for accuracy (mvmt replacement) without scratching the brand new bracelet. I like it! :o

I know the pic sucks but I think it represents the combo enough for you guys to get an idea what it looks like..

YMNATO.jpg

Wow...quite the venture. When I saw your 1675...that really made me want to go down that path for a piece like that...but I'm thinking of one with an old perspex insert. I don't think I would go as far as doing CWP for a redial...that just sounds significantly out of reach in terms of effort and dollar. I suspect they won't just redial anything...you must need some kind of gen dial stock to start. Is this correct??

Freddy is right CWP will do it, my redial was done on the original Silix dial since it was larger than a gen dial. He will also supply a base dial if it's for a standard Rolex or ETA mvmt.

I'd suggest the 6542 also! Here's a fine looking 6542 bezel insert BTW.