When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love that black dial BT! Don't see them as much as the Snow White's and as such they are underated. I'm still wearing the PO on Sirtoli Shark from yesterday...

POwristb.jpg

PO4.jpg

Man...I'm not a fan of that particular model but...in that strap...I just cannot stop looking at it!!! Amazing!!

Man...I'm not a fan of that particular model but...in that strap...I just cannot stop looking at it!!! Amazing!!

Yeah, thanks - and I know what you mean. Of course I do love the PO with a variety of shoes - mostly straps now though as opposed to bracelet.

But with this one what happens is the grey of the shark picks up the color of the AR and bezel (which can be greyish in certain light) when the watch is a certain angles and interacts with the hue of the case steel as well. Then the black lines in the shark match the dial and bezel and to finish it off, the off-white contrast stitch matches the uncharged C3 lume perfectly.

It is just one of those things that you would never guess works but does. I never would have bought the strap for the watch in a million years, but just happened to have it around for another project long ago and decided to try it. Glad I did.

Let's get the new week going!

This has received a lot of wrist time lately and it's my watch choice for Monday too.

91s-2.jpg

Great watch B-T.I have ordered it from BK cause i needed to pair my Snow White with this Black Prince and so it will be with us

sometime in March or early days of April hopefully :D

In the meantime...i just got my SSD with the standard mods,WM pearl from Omega and a new tube which makes the crown

screw in so smooth.Thanks B.

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

P.S I REALLY NEED TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE A DECENT PHOTO SHOOT...RobbieG how on earth do you manage to take

such terrific shots??????

dsc00321zg2.jpg

Wearing it makes me feel like an old money millionaire economist.

Awesome watch, bro, I have a feeling I'll be adding a Patek to my list when it comes to rebuilding my collection, and the Aquanaut would have some personal relevance to me... When I was about 9, I did a piece of creative writing at school, and was inspired to write the word 'Aquanaut'. I felt all proud that I'd invented a word, only to later find out that the term had already been coined :lol: I was pretty mad at the time, but never mind :D

I'm sure it'll come as no surprise for folks to see I'm still wearing this:

DSCN0917.jpg

Your hybrid Rollie is working its way into a soft spot in my heart TJ - although I would like to see a plain black bezel insert with no indices at all for a more avant garde effect - or aged to match the dial index color. But no matter what you do it is in class all by itself - it floats!

Your hybrid Rollie is working its way into a soft spot in my heart TJ - although I would like to see a plain black bezel insert with no indices at all for a more avant garde effect - or aged to match the dial index color. But no matter what you do it is in class all by itself - it floats!

Thanks for the compliments, bro, I'll have to do some antiquing of the insert :) A totally black insert would definitely look the nuts, but would make the GMT function a bit less functional :lol: I've seen a few PAM GMTs which don't have the 24 hour markings, and thought it kind of defeated the idea of having the numbers to truly get GMT functionality, so I was never quite so taken by them...

Not quite floating :lol: Just resting on 10-12mm thick ice over this wading pool:

Picture055.jpg

In the village:

Picture021.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, bro, I'll have to do some antiquing of the insert :) A totally black insert would definitely look the nuts, but would make the GMT function a bit less functional :lol: I've seen a few PAM GMTs which don't have the 24 hour markings, and thought it kind of defeated the idea of having the numbers to truly get GMT functionality, so I was never quite so taken by them...

Not quite floating :lol: Just resting on 10-12mm thick ice over this wading pool:

Picture055.jpg

In the village:

Picture021.jpg

this 'Village" is so very COOL TJ . !!!!

it looks like something from a fantasy .. being from Hawaii I am taken by this image.. looks like a fairy tale setting.. :)

this 'Village" is so very COOL TJ . !!!!

it looks like something from a fantasy .. being from Hawaii I am taken by this image.. looks like a fairy tale setting.. :)

You couldn't be closer to the truth, bro :) Portmeirion village, essentially, is the project build of an eccentric. A bit like my hybrid Rolex, he built it 'because he could' :lol: When we were there on the first day, it was snowing a bit (which sadly didn't capture on the photos, other than muting the light a bit) and because it's such a picturesque/fantasy setting, it really was like being inside a snow globe B) If you're ever able to make it over to the UK, I'd highly recommend visiting it. Many of the buildings in the village itself are available as self-catering accomodation, and there are also two hotels to chose from, Hotel Portmeirion, and Castle Deudraeth (which is just outside of the village) which provide breakfast and evening meals. Even if you don't stay as a resident, it's well worth a day trip B)