When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mid Week Wrist Check

By-Tor

@BT - that GMT is really growing on you. You know me, I love the contrast of brushed/polished braclets and I know you didn't used to. Are you starting to like that now? Or are you going to brush them? A guy on TZ brushed his and a lot of guys love it. I wouldn't mind either, but I like the richness of the way it is so I would keep it. Can't wait for the "brother" Sub just like it in 2010.

In the meantime, and speaking of brushed/polished I'm doing the MMD today...

UN6r.jpg

UN12r.jpg

UN1b-1-3.jpg

@Robbie: I love the contrast of brushed/polished bracelets too. Many of my favorite watches have such bracelets... but I originally thought it was out of place on a GMT. But I'm getting used to it and I definitely won't brush it. At least it's a bit different kind of watch in my Rolex lineup.

That UN is always so amazing man. :)

Ahh. I stand corrected - you do like them - just at first thinking it out of place on a "sport" SS Rolex - in other words, not a YM or Daytona or something in TT or Gold. Now I get it. And I agree for your collection, the contrast of the different bracelet fits in perfectly.

I finally handled that rep at our GTG and it is great. The bracelet is very similar to the gen. Big improvement in the clasp as well. The new gen bracelet designs on these and the DJ/DD's are really high quality now - no more cheapy rattle. Although you get so you get used to it after a while and would miss it.

Plus, in fairness, rattly noises and cheap feelings aside - the flimsy hollow link sport bracelets are still the most comfortable on the wrist IMO.