When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Heads up !.. thinning out the watch boxes

lanikai

Hi All,

I have too many pieces that I have worn maybe once.. I keep them polished and active frequently .. most have been regulated.

I am posting this thread as a "Heads UP"..

Because to get these reps... one needs to have at the very "least".. supporter status.

the reason: There are many members who give not only time ,.. but support the forums daily "usage" through "supporter" and "Platinum Status"..

I may decide to post some pieces in the "Plati section" only .. since these members pull the weight for the rest. Or I may post in "supporter" ... I'm not using this as leverage.. in actuality I am "supporting" those who support "Us"

So, get with the "Ball Game" if your not a supporter, then it may be time to do so.. for mere pennies per day.. and besides the $$ that are needed to keep the lights on,.. you may very well be doing...

"The RIGHT THING"

Cause by supporting yourself,.. you support a Forum that is infinitely much more than watches.. WE ARE FAMILY !!!! :D

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Lani-

What a great idea. I do hope it will inspire a few more folks to join. And selfishly speaking, I can't wait to see what you are offering. By the way if you offer that black and red strap from the Blacksteel I am going to kill you. I just ordered one from Hk. :lol:

Sheesh W ... I was just joking about selling stuff... just wanted to see who would bite.. and sign up to support the community... :lol::lol::whistling::lol:

No seriously .. I will be listing a bunch. of reps ... but no way the BS strap.. in fact I just sourced a Swiss 7750 to go into mine :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. you got me over the edge.. (good edge)

and thank you to the members that pm'd to say they signed up for supporter.. and the dude who signed up for platinum..

way to go ma man !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

B)

@JTB.. brah .. that is cool !!! ,. kinda nutz but cool :rolleyes:

My gosh, since I joined I have been waiting to see what your collection looks like, now I have the chance to own a piece of it! Amazing.

Also, great support for the forum, I can just see everyone scrambling to become a supporter now. I know I would if I wasnt already a supporting member.

Whatever you do - if you sell even one piece even - you MUST take a massive group photo at peak to show the max before you started becoming more selective, which I'm convinced you will more and more. Most everyone does. But that pic will be the stuff of legends on RWG.

That said, how about taking 2:1 or something in arm wrestling against a watch of choice in case any non-supporting noobs want to take a shot at you? Proceeds to RWG. You might raise more that way.

There is always a sucker who might want a chance at fame and a free watch. I swear I won't tell any of them you can bench press a Hyundai.:D

It will be sometime next week earliest..

I have commited one of my reps to a member in UK.. whom became a supporter (he would have probably done so anyway) last week .. so we could discuss one of my reps that I have NEVER worn, I am concerned about customs in the UK though.. I'm trying to make it a win~win situation, the IWC Portifino (never worn) is his..

some of the reps that will be up are

UPO -eta divers strap and bracelet (still in plastic) black dial

Monte blanc Time walker .. never worn

Baume Mercier .. Riviera .. never worn

Omega Speedmaster .. maybe with HK Tan Gator.. never worn

That's a taste of what will be put up ... so get with the program all you non~supporters..

There is a member whom inquired about my Omega PO Chrono.. if you read this please contact me.. i will hold off on listing that one..

Robbie.. to take a shot with all the reps,... I would have to use the cargo bed in my Van... that would be like work brah !! :p

Robbie.. to take a shot with all the reps,... I would have to use the cargo bed in my Van... that would be like work brah !! :p

Work? So it takes an hour for the setup and the shoot. Small price to pay to create a legend. Think how many "supporting" members you would make happy. And I was thinking the living room floor, not the van.

I'll tell you what. I'll fly out there and move all the watches into place for you. I need a visit to the Mothership (read: Hawaiian Homeland) anyway. You can kick back and bark orders at me on where to place them from your chair with your favorite beverage (probably a protein shake). Then I'll take you out to Nicholas Nickolas for dinner. Deal?

Wow Lan, hope your Breitling collection will remain intact!

No doubt ! it will .. i do have a SOSF white dial Asian... that I got for my Brother.. who does not like to wear watches.. I guess the obsessive gene for horological pieces is not inherant to the rest of the family ..

anyway.,.the SOSF has never been worn.. so that will go..

@ Steppen.... did you not inquire about a piece a month or so ago ??.. if so .. pm me please..

Edit add;.. also I will be releasing my Top Gun (IWC) V1 .. PVD'd but I will shoot side by~with the ceramic version coming in this week .. worn twice.. so the nylon strap is like new..