When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Haha...Gotcha...No Powermax For You...Yet

RobbieG

I waited until 2K to see what the new avatar message would be, instead of making the announcement one post earlier. Always entertaining. Another 500 and I'll be all grown up like the really big boys.

In all seriousness, thanks to all of you for making my life a little bit better than it already is. The best companion a workaholic could ever have. I genuinely enjoy hanging out and sharing information with all you guys and especially the inner circle (you know who you are). I feel like my friendships here and my horological knowledge get a little stronger each and every day.

I also vow to continue to step up my contributions as much as I can particularly with historical and technical stuff which is what I'm most inspired to do. Selfishly though I find that by posting more I learn more about the hobby in the process.

Anyway, thanks again guys. You are all like a fleet of fine German automobiles in my book - or er, watches that is. Or as Sinatra would say - Aces! :1a:

good stuff robbie :victory:

i've certainly enjoyed your recent increase in posting; particularly some of your "collecting philosophy" threads ;)

i'm slowly trailing behind here in terms of post count...i'll get there eventually :lol:

deltatahoe

ps, couldn't agree more re: RWG being great for workaholics -- i certainly need something to break up the long days :D

Congrats, bro. You've taught me so much in so little time!

It's only a matter of time before UN decides to make you an ambassador for the brand and begins to send you articles for free..

..right? Well I hope so.. don't see how else you're gonna get that marine chronometer!

RobbieG, without you my wishlist would be 5 pieces less. Heres to the next 2000!

Indeed Robbie...you are a definite key contributor and you have the gift of being one of the truly fine folks who keeps this place not only informative...but fun!!

That's a great message on the avatar thing. Hilarious...I'm coming up on 2500 and wondering what's going to kick in!!

EDIT: Apparently I hit Powermax and did not even know it. Hah hah...doubly funny.

Congrats on reaching 2000 Robbie.

Now for the bad news, we have just voted to reset everyones counter to zero who hits 2k this week.

It's getting crowded in the Powermax club, so think of this as simply an anti congestion regulation. :D

:animal_rooster::bleh: <------- Chickin Lickin

Ken B)

Thanks guys. The pleasure is all mine. Here's to 2000 more. Coming back to this thread is fun as I get to watch the timezones around the world logging on. Such a culturally diverse community with pretty much equal representation from east to west, north to south and everything in between. B)

i don't know if kenberg did that for just me, because i know he was laughing cause i thouught would hit powermax at 2k

Yeah I laughed at later casualties but I was one of the first victims of what is a display of our Admin's wicked sense of humour. ^_^

Ken

Jeez, that was a fast last 1,000, I remember the infamous thread that got you to that point ;) And now all the quality posts coming through one after another, much better than some of us who sit here just reading your posts usually and trying to be witty in replies!

Jeez, that was a fast last 1,000, I remember the infamous thread that got you to that point ;) And now all the quality posts coming through one after another, much better than some of us who sit here just reading your posts usually and trying to be witty in replies!

Hahaha, yeah phaedo me too. I gotta do something bad again and wind up the pikers in good fun. That was a fun thread. I get in trouble though and I don't want to make work for mods or admin so I gotta lay off that stuff for a while. But I would rather spend more quality time for serious posts anyway. Although I have to admit I marvel at the power of a few sentences and their abilty to draw negative emotion on the net. :rolleyes:

It's only a matter of time before UN decides to make you an ambassador for the brand and begins to send you articles for free..

..right? Well I hope so.. don't see how else you're gonna get that marine chronometer!

Thanks ammandel. It has been nice getting to know esteemed new members (which as Lani say are our lifeblood) such as yourself.

And yes, everyone be on the lookout. I want to buy a Nardin ships chronometer. Preferably a modern reissue version like has been produced since the 90's. The antiques are just too expensive, plus the modern ones are smaller and perfect for my desk in the office. It was either that or an Atmos and to me as cool as those are a chronometer just has it beat. Before anyone asks, yes it has to be a UN Chronometer - the one and only, but I'm sure you all figured as much with me. B)

Congrats, Robbie. Another one of the fine contributors reaches a milestone. Guess I have to start raising some of these post milestones ;)

So now that we have so many more people over 2500 are we going to have other milestones with names now like for 5k and 10k maybe? From what I'm hearing 2500 is the last real milestone where anything changes. We need a "Supermax" and a "Sillymax" level or something I guess. :p