When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top RWG Member Quotes

Toadtorrent

So I was reading this one thread asking about the popularity of Rolex and Panerai in the rep scene, and Demsey made what I thought was a pretty hilarious quote:

Why anyone would want to wear a 'hamburger on a strap' as an Italian military timepiece as a daily beater replica is beyond me.

I also liked Chronus' quote in my signature, and I was thinking to myself there have to be other gems that I've missed out on posted by other members here. What are some of your faves?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I was reading this one thread asking about the popularity of Rolex and Panerai in the rep scene, and Demsey made what I thought was a pretty hilarious quote:

I also liked Chronus' quote in my signature, and I was thinking to myself there have to be other gems that I've missed out on posted by other members here. What are some of your faves?

OK!!!i got one...

A father, lover, and fighter...perhaps in that order...and successful in all aspects. :)

Top notch!!!

Ah, yes... sorry! It was a favorite quote of Scott Powell, Ranger at Scout Camp for 15 years. It was his way of encouraging hesitant boys to step up and do their best.

It applies to everyone: a noob attempting to take his caseback off for the first time, or a modder trying something new with a plexi insert on a 6542 franken. We're all on a learning curve of different sorts!

By 'The Toad' in a thread about the age old arguement "who has the best......" Toad helped for a few replies, asking the poster to read the 'noob guide', but OP was persistant so 'The Toad' then threw this beaut down!

Some of the reps (most of the new ones) are very accurate...but some of the flaws may drive you crazy if you have an eye for detail. Again...judging by your repeating of questions...this does not appear to be the case.

You have to decide for yourself which watch you want based on the reviews...because the one you want might not in fact be available in a high end form.

Read the guide. 'Nuff said. Toad out.

And damnit I wanted to put in DMZ's hamburger quote!! That was a class one!

One of my favourite's was...........

"CRAZY SALE!"

by that loveable wee chappie Paul. I can remember the melee this episode caused as if it were yesterday. The horror - the horror!

Hey Jon, you mispelled it. Paul originally called it "CARZY SALE!"

Paul being busy driving his Porche (sic) was a classic too.

137752-17816.jpg

Back on the old RWG, when I called out 'Rolexaward' as a 'troll', he responded;

demsey has me confused with wife, a harry creature who sometime live under bridge..........none of your biz!

Which loses something if you weren't of that moment in time, but in the cadence of that thread? OMG I pee'd myself.

<edit>

"The woods would be a quiet place if only the best birds sang."

Awesome! Reminds me of my best friend, a city dweller, whom I took to the Adirondacks camping. While canoeing a band of Raccoons entered his tent and completely trashed it;

Ahhhhhhhhh! Damnit! The woods is no place for animals!

Along the lines;

Yeah, I went to Thailand. it was OK, but way too many foreigners..........

Edited by Demsey

True indeed...but who said it and in what context? I'm assuming they weren't talking about RobbieG. ;) Love ya man!!

My woods are like Guam. No birds left cause the brown tree snakes killed them all. Or I ran them all off when they couldn't get a word in edgewise. A buncha little baby dinosaurs anyway so f*ck em' and their little chirps...I saw Jurassic Park...:D

See sig :p^_^

Mmmmm...muffins... B)

"China, Taiwan, or my butthole are dangerous places to navigate..."

-Phoband (on the difficulty of buying reps at watchmarkets in Asia)

That is hilarious. Nikki...you're slow on the draw there. Don't you have 9 news readers like Robbie trolling for quotes for you? Hah hah.

Narcissist! :D

Hey...when you break 12,000 posts...you can post whatever you want. :D

Don't you have 9 news readers like Robbie trolling for quotes for you? Hah hah.

You laugh Toad, but I so don't want to miss anything on here I have contemplated rolling in some RWG duties to our assistant. The idea being she can stay up on the new threads when I actually have to do something and work an order or talk to a client. That way I'll know quicker if something is happening. She can wave me off the phone or something if there is RWG business that needs attending to.:rofl: