When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Top RWG Member Quotes

Toadtorrent

we had to send them to shady characters like RedBigJoe who changed some "genuine" Chinese parts here and there... charged $500, then blew the dust off the dial for $100... and then the whole crowd was yelling pleasantries. "Oh that looks exactly like the gen!". Good friends, good liars too.

I remember sending him a PM about a GMT insert. Joe said it was "highly handcrafted Swiss insert". Later I found those same inserts (with crooked numbers) from German Ebay for $7.t?

Oh man! I had no idea! I gathered he fell from grace, but had no clue..............that's nuts! Like you say; just before this board was formed, every one was on about 'redbigjoe69' and his mods. Just wow. I suppose yes, we were that ignorant, but the learning curve was steep.

I'll tell you, being isolated on 'Ice Station Zebra' (the old RWG) these past years I was buffrered from the strides 'replica' had made (in '05 a WM9 Sub would have commanded $1200, like those first 166520's, and some would have, and did, pay for it!) especially when TRC went dormant, but was also ignorant to A LOT of drama that went on here, RG, RWI. That part was nice.

Anyhoo, yeah, I think the guys who still have those old lame CN Subs with Miyota movements, and even TWB cases with lousy misaligned M/m dials and megaladon crown guards have something worth keeping. Those days of 'replica' are probably, thankfully, never to return, but they should be in every 'collection' if only to show how far the industry has come. People just getting into it today are blissfully spoiled for their investment. Amazing stuff.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe's tongue eventually yomped him into so many corners it had bunions on it.

:D

you know thats swiss lol i changed the datewheel lol what $290 is a fair price lol that crown oversized? lol it's genuine swiss like cheddar cheese lol got it directly from zurich lol though i've never heard of that state lol

Do we have a 'Martini' emoticon? We need a 'Martini' emoticon. TT? 'offshore' ? Ken? Could we please get a 'Martini' emoticon? Gratsi.

Dems, your wish is our command!

Do you like-

post-13-1235795810.gif

or is this a little more of you after a shot or two!

post-13-1235795841.gif

Actually thought the 2nd bore a stunning resemblance to Omni!

Offshore

Oh man, that Golf Club post was easily the best and most legendary ever.

Is there a link somewhere to that legendary thread? Didn't it happen on RWI? Everyone should check it out... it's completely INSANE and hysterical. :tu:

Bricktop

Of course you had to be there but many of his confrontations were classic's.

I loved Bricky.

I don't know if his attitude towards noobs was always right... it'd probably wouldn't fit the current RWG atmosphere... but sometimes I (secretly) wish he were still around.

To his defense: He never slagged off noobs who posted reasonable questions. Only the "best Sub" guys got hammered. Badly. :D

Think the main quotes i remember was a big... 'Oh.f.uck ' when one of the RWG1 longstanding members tried to pass his rep sub as Gen on the bay, sold for 4k$$ - not only got caught out by the members on RWG1 but the guy who bought the watch joined the forum and..... well that was an interesting few weeks...

ahhh those were the days.

HERE is the classic golf club thread. It's at RWI so you have to be a member there and logged in.

Without a doubt this is the funniest thread I've ever read... the whole thing is pure comedy.

Caravaggio = ex-Paneraifreak = good man, good member and a serious humorist (I hope). :tu:

HERE is the classic golf club thread. It's at RWI so you have to be a member there and logged in.

Without a doubt this is the funniest thread I've ever read... the whole thing is pure comedy.

Caravaggio = ex-Paneraifreak = good man, good member and a serious humorist (I hope). :tu:

OMG that was by far the funniest thing I've read in a long time. Lol wth? I notice they never got to the bottom of exactly why he got the club? My thought is, as one of the others alluded to, that it was probably supposed to goto someone else. haha I love the insistence on shipping it back in the beginning haha...

I can't believe I missed this thread, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!

I can't believe I missed this thread, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!

For me...some of the quotes makes sense in context...but sound so much better out of it:

Oh well, I will try the slap then :)

How strong should I spank the thing? Should it be upside-down when I do it?

:huh::huh: