When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Serial numbers ..::.. Serial numbers ..::.. Serial numbers ..::..

Stephane

Dear all,

The spirit of RWG is primarly to protect the membership from scammers, right?

A lot of us own at least one genuine watch.

We, as a community, would never go out of here with a Rep or a very high end Franken and try to have it pass for a Genuine.

Well at least the members who are posting ...but what about the silent majority :unsure:

Some of us can spot a franken or a rep easily.

I can't.

Specially when dealing with mails and photos.

So, the only way we can check it is by the serial number.

Gen photos out there are never showing their serials.

So a scammer would blur his franken one too. Good point.

But if you ask for the serial as the ultimate verification or you don't buy, my guess is the seller would send you a pic.

If the serial is known to be a rep/franken one, well then we do protect ourself.

My idea in this thread is to ask you to post the serial and model of your watches.

I'll maintain this in an Excell sheet and will consolidate it in this original post, time after time.

Thanks and cheers,

Stephane

I'll start:

Watch Serial Engraved 6 Engraved 12

1665 MBW Single Red MM 5790188 Stainless Steel Registered Design 1665

1665 MBW Double Red MM 5790188 Stainless Steel Registered Design 1665

1665 Great White MM 5789899 Stainless Steel Registered Design 1665

5513 MBW JaG L341331 Stainless Steel Orig Polex Design 5513

16610 WM9 Z891592 Stainless Steel Orig Rolex Design 16610

16610/Noob/16800 F520117 Stainless Steel Orig Rolex Design 16610 T

1655 MBW W860167 Stainless Steel Orig Rolex Design 116570

1680 White L341169 Stainless Steel Orig Polex Design 5513

1680 Red L341102 Stainless Steel Orig Polex Design 5513

This has an added benefit of knowing, for example, the MBW numbers for use when Frankenmodding-- for parts interchange.

Actually, I am less concerned about being scammed on a franken and more interested in a parts interchange data base.

1 Stone could kill 2 birds.

-Ronin

A list of replica serial numbers, not a bad idea, I guess....

Lord knows there must be a million of the F520117's out there. And the SSD SN ends in 117- Z539117, as does the new M serial noobs. The noob factory is very prolific.

A couple of older CN rep Rolex cases have something like an R863... serial #- R serials being from the late 80's as well as the MBW/WM vintage cases with the L341... serials, also late 80's.

My GMTSub is too crappy to have serial numbers :cry:

That said, my EuroFakes submariner did have a serial number. Having sold it, I can't check the number, but I'm sure it was either Y or Z series... I think Y.

I'll be sure to add any serial numbers I acquire in the future :)

I'll be sure to add any serial numbers I acquire in the future :)

Thanks TJ

But I have been "labelised" Rolex obviously.

Wonder why that is ... :huh:

Posting serials of all brands was my idea ....well popular ones and which franken are out there....

Omega comes to mind, so does IWC...see what I mean.

Come on TJ you have Omegas, don't you? :D

Thanks TJ

But I have been "labelised" Rolex obviously.

Wonder why that is ... :huh:

Posting serials of all brands was my idea ....well popular ones and which franken are out there....

Omega comes to mind, so does IWC...see what I mean.

Come on TJ you have Omegas, don't you? :D

At this moment in time, yes, but, they'll soon be winging their way to a new home, as circumstance dictates they be sold...

I just checked the SMP, and that doesn't have any serial numbers, and the PO does not either :)

At this moment in time, yes, but, they'll soon be winging their way to a new home, as circumstance dictates they be sold...

I just checked the SMP, and that doesn't have any serial numbers, and the PO does not either :)

Thanks Mate :)

You have strange watches though :D

(sorry couldn't resist)

That's on my IWC Spitfire with the 3706 back. I'll add the others when I get them.

The UPO does have a serial number on it, but I don't recall it right now.

The IWC 3717 I have on at this moment is the following:

Thanks guys.

I'm really appreciating you join me on this topic.

We could be the builders of a great DB to protect ourselves.

The question I didn't debate with myself yet is if I should post it or not?

I mean if not posting it, I would in example be send to anyone of RWG asking for it by PM...

This way we do not leave such a valuable information ready to copy paste for lurkers who are maybe from another world...not ours B)

As I'm alone to debate about this right now, I would love to have your opinions.

Maybe we can even turn this thread into a "send Stephane a PM with your serials"....

This way we do not leave such a valuable information ready to copy paste for lurkers who are maybe from another world...not ours B)

I figure, there are only a few more recent models that have the rolling unique serial numbers.

For any of the pieces I have, I know they're reps...and there's a distinct possibility that the serial will be in circulation outside of my wrist. In the case of older reps...this is almost guaranteed. I'm not worried about anybody having copies of my serial numbers as I think only my Skyland is actually unique...and even that I question.

Well I mean...this protects everyone because we do NOT condone ever selling a rep as a gen so by having this list "public" (although I'd suggest making it available for supporters/platinum members only) per se we protect everyone who is looking to purchase a gen.

Well I mean...this protects everyone because we do NOT condone ever selling a rep as a gen so by having this list "public" (although I'd suggest making it available for supporters/platinum members only) per se we protect everyone who is looking to purchase a gen.

Yup...true.

As a matter of fact this sensitive question may have various replies.

So, can I kindly suggest to let them come and we'll decide what to do, as a community.

In the meantime, I sincerely think we should keep on posting those serials ;)

from this survey we did a while ago we found that all rep steelfish have a Ser# that starts with 89xxxx the lowest gen #' i found was 10xxxxx and i looked at a lot of gens infact every AD i saw that had one i went and asked to look at it.

And

3717 3183293

39mm railmaster and aqua terra 805188235

Ingy 3134417