When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inaugural RWG Photo Competition

lanikai

. You realize phoband that you will be in the "Open" .. Expert division.. no more Novice for U ;) ,..

Well, TTK is banned, Pugwash is judging

put me in whatever category you want ;) the actual photo is only half the equation

i could never compete with TTK - love em or hate em his photos were phenomenal

ahh yes... Pugs has nothing to prove ... ergo he will "set" the parameters.. that every contestant will manditorally adhere to ..

so photoshop may have parameters so members have to rely on skills and not computer savy... B)

this is what will make it pure ... competition !

edit add: .. the rest of the Judges will be announce later... as of this time.. I ask that no communication with Judges be allowed... a lot is at stake and this contest will be a true shootout.. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh sounds fun...I'll give it the 'ole college try!

spread the word.. as long as you are registered here you will be eligible !!!

the panel will screen all applicants to assure that they are in the division that suits their skill level..

Ya gotta love a Challenge !!

who needs photoshop when you have a paperclip and your nephews toy fish :)

as long as you don't start hanging your nephew around the Hot Box Pho.... :rolleyes:

sounds like your gonna have fun with this one..

Luck to you and looking forward to some amazing pics from U !!!

L B)

Count me in, hope my new PO arrives in time.

Aha!

Just because you keep a low profile Mike don't think I wasn't waiting for you to pop up, you're going straight into the pro level my friend :)

Ken

***thank you TJ for the lead photo header !!

Any time, brother :good:

I can't wait to find out what the criteria are :) Also, with regards a phone camera section, the header photo was taken with my iPhone, as the battery in my digital camera died after the first (unsuccessful) shot I lined up :lol:

Any time, brother :good:

I can't wait to find out what the criteria are :) Also, with regards a phone camera section, the header photo was taken with my iPhone, as the battery in my digital camera died after the first (unsuccessful) shot I lined up :lol:

Well, we all know how challenging taking pics with a phone shutter can be !

and I have come across some amazing shots from our members using their iphone etc.

As I would like this contest to be all "inclusive" .. what better challenge than to be able to enter this division, not everyone has a camera.. but everyone has at least a cell camera ... this division just may turn out to be a surprise (sleeper).. B)

thinking about it, this early am... there is no problem for you to enter 2 divisions.. Novice or Open (advanced).. and then the Cell division..

Aloha

R

Well, we all know how challenging taking pics with a phone shutter can be !

and I have come across some amazing shots from our members using their iphone etc.

As I would like this contest to be all "inclusive" .. what better challenge than to be able to enter this division, not everyone has a camera.. but everyone has at least a cell camera ... this division just may turn out to be a surprise (sleeper).. B)

thinking about it, this early am... there is no problem for you to enter 2 divisions.. Novice or Open (advanced).. and then the Cell division..

Aloha

R

I think you're quite right, a camera phone throws up challenges all of it's own, like fixed focus/exposure times etc, so indeed, it can be harder to get a decent photo with one of them, than with a proper camera :)

Great idea lads. Now, if only I owned a digi camera capable of focusing closer than three feet! I may have to fire up the 35mm for this one.

Col.

Agrippa Posted Today, 07:12 AM

I'd love to be in on this, depending on when it kicks off. My digicam is dead and I can't afford a new one until June. Got a 35mm as well, but I'm not digging that out of the attic....

the contest is due to kick off toward or after the end of the month.

Well, if there are an adequate number of members , perhaps we can add another division that uses 35mm lenses ... I believe freddy333 uses one.. and his images are incredible.. very unique ... planned .. thoughtout and very creative art.

let's keep tabs on this .. as I would really like to get as much participation as possible and we deal with vintge watches .. why not camera's too :)

going a step further.. images in black and white would do well with these camera's

what do you guy's think ??

Aloha

L

How about making this a regular feature though, like bi-monthly perhaps. Different theme every time, decided by mods or some other way. A dedicated sub-forum for submissions and discussions, where the winner is decided by a general vote.

Who knows, it might catch on and we might get that many more excellent photo reviews and whatnot in the future. Shouldn't involve a lot of work either.

Hmmmm... a chance to use my new camera? I have never had a camera before (Not counting cameraphone) But I am unsure how I will fare :( Got it today actually *hehe*

i could never compete with TTK - love em or hate em his photos were phenomenal

No I thought they were pretty poor actually. It takes no imagination whatsoever to buy a really expensive camera, really expensive light tent, and push some buttons. His photos lacked creativity. You can have the best equipment and the most "perfect" looking photo but without a motif or theme that personalizes it the picture is merely a reference and fails to qualify as anything artistically worthwhile.

No I thought they were pretty poor actually. It takes no imagination whatsoever to buy a really expensive camera, really expensive light tent, and push some buttons. His photos lacked creativity. You can have the best equipment and the most "perfect" looking photo but without a motif or theme that personalizes it the picture is merely a reference and fails to qualify as anything artistically worthwhile.

lets agree to disagree :)

How about making this a regular feature though, like bi-monthly perhaps. Different theme every time, decided by mods or some other way. A dedicated sub-forum for submissions and discussions, where the winner is decided by a general vote.

Who knows, it might catch on and we might get that many more excellent photo reviews and whatnot in the future. Shouldn't involve a lot of work either.

I love your enthusiasm Agrippa !.. keep that goin... you would be surprised how many hours go into these events.. just the planning and posting the initial "coming soon" post.. with all the different time zones communicating is not alway's "real time".. it may be hours before we can communicate a single message.

and the Admin team spends untolod time policing the boards for scam sales etc. .. I do not envy them, it is not a "Glorified" position at all !

what we all see is a Forum that has great info.. great members... photo's .. etc. .. what we don't see is the hours of work it takes to keep this community safe and running..

We have had a sucsessful raffle to start the summer.. so instead of "stockpiling" watches for more raffles.. or holding another raffle immediately..

it was decided ... to "Give Back" and give the membership a "Challenge",whist giving away the watches that could be used for raffles.. I may be out of line sharing this .. but it's the Truth ! that is the way that ADMIN and the ADMIN TEAM Roll !!

That is why I would really like to see full participation.. weather you think your good enough.. or a legend in your own mind.. doesn't matter.. we swim together or sink together !

The Challenge for this is to get the "WORD" out !!!! too many members and even cross over members find out about events after the fact..

So what you all can do for this event is ... GET THE WORD OUT !!! ... all over the bloody creation... we are "Giving Away" prizes and I would be bummed if we just got a hand full of contestants !

Our ultimate goal is to get images for a calendar .... if it's economically and logistically possible ... so as a TEAM .. and you are all apart of this TEAM.. this contest is not all about winning... but about participating in your community event !!

WORD !!!!! OUT !!!!

Aloha~Cheers

L B)