When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Your Homeland .. Share it with Us

lanikai

This is not an original.. idea's are created out of other idea's..

but chefcook.. stated he would take pics of his Homeland.. whislt touring on his motorbike..(freddy has done this, without vocabulary)

did anyone know chefcook has a mechanical engineering background and works with Porsche ?? cool !!!

Well, being that we are so diversified,.. we are first and foremost a "Watch Culture".. but it would be cool to see what your country is like ..

what foods your culture favours.. we like ours raw at times.. ;)

The landscape.. the mountains... beaches.. lakes... historical sites !!.. and a little about your generations ..

when we understand each others cultural background .. we understand each other more.. and become tighter as a team..

so I really am looking forward to some travel tours and cultural tours.. and members backgrounds... B)

Cheers

Lani

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the good things about Norway not legal to build those massive big buildings.

We have such a rich cultural history so we try to preserve it by not having concrete jungles everywhere

This is the city i live in, smack in the middle actually..B

I don't really have any personal pictures of home, but I've managed to find some online :)

I'm originally from a town called Horsham, in West Sussex. I grew up in a house somewhat like this:

21000AJA.JPG

This is the Lynd Cross (locally known as the Lynd Creche) and until recently, a haven for underage drinking and picking up jailbait, if that's your thing...

b49f5e7614cd0327194e7fe792828c7b.jpg

A little further on from the Lynd, however, is this awesome little tea room, which still does awesome scones :good:

mthought.jpg

This is essentially the town center...:

carfax2.jpg

carfax1.jpg

Not much else I can say about it really, other than I don't live there anymore :lol:

Man, where do you start? I could put up hundreds of pictures of Alaska, it's so big. Instead here are the places I call "home".

byron_fall_colors.jpg

byron_big.jpg

byron_ice2.jpg

byron_emily.jpg

restbyrock.jpg

cirque.jpg

PICT0112.JPG

aurora_ring.jpg

bear_swim2.jpg

eklutna_and_mitre.jpg

Bill%20and%20Glacier.JPG

pugs_mushing.jpg

snowy_grin.JPG

denali.jpg

don_sheldon_cabin_summer.jpg

Here's a glacier after an earthquake ripped it in half. Those chunks are the size of houses.

earthquake_glacier_sm.jpg

dad_really_big_ice.jpg

mt_mckinley_sm.jpg

spurr_blue.jpg

:o .. between all the stunning pics of World architecture..

TJ's story book shops ..

dani's awesome homeland.. astrographs uhhh.. neon lights :p

morlock's home..

if anyone get the opportunity to take some wrists with world landmarks... Big Ben,... the Eiffel Tower... Pyramids.. that would be sooo cool !!

ahh.. cannot forget Buckingham Palace :) .. how bout a wristi with your wrist in front of one of those frozen guards helmet.. B)

and Nanuq that image of the blue ice cave... WOOW !!

to see vegetation at such an extreme environment is testament to life's survival and evolution

this is the Silver Sword .. found on the slopes of Haleakala, and Mauna Kea.. between 7000 and 10,000 ft. elevation.. they bloom only once .. toward the end of their lifetime.. and that is around 15 years old.. beauty has a way of surviving.

21676961.png

I hope to take some shots of inside Diamond Head crater this weekend..

thank you all for the treats.. I am truly enjoying them !!

Aloha

L

but I always thought you were joking about the bicycle ... :huh:

Guest HaloArchive

Beautiful pictures all! Nice flower too :-) I have a picture of a weed I found in Diamond Head but, unless you're really interested, I won't waste my time.

I was born and grew up in a town called Friedrichshafen in Germany! It is on Lake Constance (Am Bodensee) across that lake is Switzerland, home of our hobby!

Here are some pictures!

Here is an ariel view; note the Zepplin Airship ... this is the origination of blimps :D

315054702589864b19eab.jpg

This is a typical park; very manicured.

315137547865b3df101ab.jpg

This is one of a pattle boat rental facility.

3151384178e56761a659b.jpg

One of the local rowing teams is out on the lake! (In the background is across the lake looking onto the shores of Switzerland)

3151390656084c772d24b.jpg

And, finally, this is one of the rows of shopping like, food, drink, Kanditorei etc

3150560413e95539f3e3b.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers,

H

Thank you Halo.. !!

I still get a kick out of seeing Lakes that fo no forever.... I always imagine lakes to be small... :p

beautiful pics H.A. .. I owe you a Hawaiian Plate Lunch... :brow:

ps... the only thing that grows on Diamond Head is "Hale Koa" (Hale is "house").. it is what was used to make the "frame" for the grass huts... it is a weed of sorts.. abundant on all the mountains in Hawaii.

Aloha

Lani

Guest HaloArchive

Haha, I owe you some traditional German dumplings and REAL Bratwurst; not the fake american stuff :)

Here is the weed picture, maybe it is what you say?

1008115.jpg

And, here is a picture overlooking Waikiki I took while I was there from the top of Diamond Head

1008123i.jpg

Cheers and Mahalo :),

H

One of the good things about Norway not legal to build those massive big buildings.

We have such a rich cultural history so we try to preserve it by not having concrete jungles everywhere

Considering the total land mass of the United States we have very few "Concrete jungles" per capita...most of the country is open range and lots of forest.

Haha, I owe you some traditional German dumplings and REAL Bratwurst; not the fake american stuff :)

Here is the weed picture, maybe it is what you say?

1008115.jpg

And, here is a picture overlooking Waikiki I took while I was there from the top of Diamond Head

1008123i.jpg

Cheers and Mahalo :),

H

ahhh .. no that 's a weed ... :lol: the Hale Koa is just a small twig of a tree..

and the pick on top of (Leahi) .. Diamond Head ... if the pic continued down a few more inches .. you could see my house... B) .. you were very near where I live..

I drive from there to the opposite side of the island every morning at 1am.. :D

A few pics of my home in Melbourne, Australia.

Looking eastward towards the city. Taken around 20:00hrs on a summer night. Nikon D70 / 20mm lens/ Pano made up of around 8 or 9 separate images.

1976457170_04165cce24_o.jpg

Taken with a compact digital camera hanging from my kite line. Over the suburb or Williamstown. Westgate bridge in top right corner.

Camera cradle visible in bottom left corner.

87085241_9f74269d4e_o.jpg

Another pano. From Princess Bridge looking westward. Nikon D70 / 20mm lens/ Pano made up of around 8 or 9 separate images.

3492779179_4d67931ec8_o.jpg

A few pics of my home in Melbourne, Australia.

Looking eastward towards the city. Taken around 20:00hrs on a summer night. Nikon D70 / 20mm lens/ Pano made up of around 8 or 9 separate images.

1976457170_04165cce24_o.jpg

Taken with a compact digital camera hanging from my kite line. Over the suburb or Williamstown. Westgate bridge in top right corner.

Camera cradle visible in bottom left corner.

87085241_9f74269d4e_o.jpg

Another pano. From Princess Bridge looking westward. Nikon D70 / 20mm lens/ Pano made up of around 8 or 9 separate images.

3492779179_4d67931ec8_o.jpg

Awsome pics Mike....I was in Melbourne in March and loved it!! :D