When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The most insane one present?

nnomad

wow- offshore probably wins. tanfo probably has the most valuable collection.

lani most have at least 100 i guess. so i'm not that crazy.

You're correct on both offshore & Tanfo (that guy has been the one with most watches for a long time! :p )

But as for our honourable lanikai, he once mentioned (a couple of months back) that he has enough watches to wear daily for at least 6 months, without repetition... By now, I believe that statistic is inching towards a year, perhaps? ;)

Me? I believe it like 17 reps & a single gen. :)

Just to add to Andys remark also do a search for Tanfo's Panerai collection and then his Breitling collection, IWC..........

GAME OVER!

Ken

Tanfo is insane. The craziest of all of us by far. He's got more watches that he's never worn than most of us could ever hope to own. Insane to the max.

I am almost 100% sure that not all the watches posted by Tanfo are his own!

but there are a lot of members who don't post a lot who have big collections...I personally know a member with 0 posts who has around 100 pieces

I think Lani has one of the most focused and 'built' collections- Seems that all of his watches endure a lengthy list of mods with lots of attention to detail. Tanfo has a lot of quantity, but he doesn't care about modding, or perfecting.

I know there are a few others on the forum, who keep a lower profile that also have large, modded collections...

I have about 45 watches (rough count), 11 of those are gens (various makes) and that includes the cornerstone of the collection pictured in my signature. As others have said, Tanfo's collection is the last word, and I beleive there is a good percentage of his collection that is gen. I remember seeing pictures on TZ of a members Seiko collection, which I beleive was something in the order of 1,500 watches. So, if your wife thinks you have an illness for watches, agree with her and show her some of the collections here, that will proove you are not that far gone......yet......

Cheers B)

Im still facinating with your animated gif.....its stronger than me..:D...ohhhhh ...right..watches.....gens... sounds good... any favourite ones you can share?

Cheers mate,

A.

I will follow that policy..:)

Favorites...hmm...these are just a few...

eberhard8days7.jpg

p1070508j.jpg

dscf0733f.jpg

Tanfo borrowed many of the watches he's photographed.

Actually no, we had a mod who was/is a personal friend of Tanfo's, they were his watches but the collection might not be the same today as when they were posted.

Ken

• 5 months later...

Does it really matter? :)

Numbers fluctuate accordingly to our hearts and actions.

Insanity is far-fetched. I can go crazy in 2 minutes and revert back to normal in a span of seconds - that's the law of human nature, we all change so quickly beyond imagination.

Saying that...I have lost count...

Now, where's my Number Pills? I need a Recount, right about now.

All these Steel and Tick-Tocks are driving me Insane!

I find it appalling that you stay shrouded in secrecy Tanfo! :mellow:

I've got 7 watches up and running in rotation. 6 reps, one gen. Plus a vintage seamaster that I wont wear until serviced, and a quartz tag rep I don't wear.

I must be bleeding watches somewhere, I could've swore I had 10 or 11, but just last night I got curious and counted. 7. Hmm....

• 4 weeks later...