When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm now a statistic

stilty

Well, today I got the call.

And not the good call.

Well, it wasn't that bad, but still feels like a kick in the balls.

It is never good when the VP arrives in town and you "get the call" to meet him at the hotel. Especially when you don't know he is in town!

Are you following me?

Yeah, I'm now another statistic, I guess. But really it isn't that bad. I was given a fantastic severence and now I can focus on some other ventures.

At least it is summer and I can enjoy some time with my family before I have to think about work.

I'm about to uncork a bottle of Veuve Clicquot to celebrate a new stage in my life. Cheers!

Still, it was an assault upon you no matter how prepared you were. You are still bound by honor to pray for the death of the offending party. For your own mental healt, so that you do not feel degraded in any way for all your efforts. Oftentimes we must rely on God to deliver us justice. Not a day goes by I don't check the obits for all who have offened me. I have been blessed a few times.

Well, to say I didn't know it was coming would be a lie. It was inevitable. I was in a dying industry. And quitting would just be leaving money on the table.

The only real kick in the balls was the new 18K sub the VP was wearing. He was going on about the economy and [censored], so I asked him about his new Rollie. He pretended not to hear it and pulled his sleeve over his new watch.

At least the Veuve is going down nicely! I think I may go golfing tomorrow. I'm long overdue for a round!

Gotta look at the bright side Stilty. Get those ventures going and enjoy your time....

I was out since Aug 07 but have recently started a few new ventures....A bit scary but in the end I know it will have been the best move I could have done.

Have fun golfing :)

I am sorry to hear about your situation stilty. It was this same time last year that i got the news too. I was at the same company for almost 20 years (3 months shine of 20 years to be exact). I have not found a permanent job yet but i am on a 5 months contract right now until the end of this month. Maybe i am going back to the unemploment office the end of this month too.

I am wishing you lots of luck in the job search. Be strong and keep your head up. Take care. I am sure You will be back on your feet in no time.

That sucks, Stilty. Hang in there. I also believe that things happen for a reason. Maybe you were meant to spend a little more time with your family right now.

Good Luck....

I'm pretty new here, and I don't know you, but I've read some of your posts. I agree with wheaton26, things happen for a reason, and most times we don't know what that reason is right away. I think 2010 will be a good year for all of us! Very glad you got a good severance, makes all the difference!

Good luch to you! Enjoy the family!

Still, it was an assault upon you no matter how prepared you were. You are still bound by honor to pray for the death of the offending party. For your own mental healt, so that you do not feel degraded in any way for all your efforts. Oftentimes we must rely on God to deliver us justice. Not a day goes by I don't check the obits for all who have offened me. I have been blessed a few times.

:lol: I know someone who does the same, and freely admits it....partly in jest but not completely.

On a serious note, sorry to hear that Stilty - enjoy the summer with your family and the best of luck in finding something come September/October.

Well, to say I didn't know it was coming would be a lie. It was inevitable. I was in a dying industry. And quitting would just be leaving money on the table.

The only real kick in the balls was the new 18K sub the VP was wearing. He was going on about the economy and shit, so I asked him about his new Rollie. He pretended not to hear it and pulled his sleeve over his new watch.

At least the Veuve is going down nicely! I think I may go golfing tomorrow. I'm long overdue for a round!

What a tool, he's going to have a nice karmic comeuppance befall him at some point...

Sorry to hear about your situation, as others have said, these things happen for a reason, and to allow us to grow, so best of luck with everything :good:

Sorry to hear this news, but glad you are looking at this with your priorities in line...enjoy a bit of time off.

I have been in Statistics 101 and Statistics 202 over this past year, but I am happy to report that things turned out even better for me. I certainly dont mean to belittle anyones circumstances if they are poor at the moment, but I just dont think things are as bad as CNN and Co. say they are. All the best.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and comments. A few made me chuckle! This is such a great community!

Aside from having my pride hurt a bit, it is an exciting time.

Oh, and on a side note... no golf today. Too hot outside and I was too hung over.

Again, thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated.