When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Golf clubs

Simo

Once had a near death experience when someone plaid with a rep Titleist blade set.

He was standing on the 1st tee hitting a 2 iron. The clubhead flew of the shaft and nearly missed my flight who was waiting.

Personally i would never buy rep/fake golf equipment for that simple reason

Carpe Diem

Cats

They're good for hiding watches in. B)

Ken

LOL, still the funniest moment in rep history!

Forget about rep clubs. Having the proper equipment will help you become a good golfer. Having equipment that looks proper will only make you look like a good golfer. Buy a used set of decent clubs if money is an issue.

Once had a near death experience when someone plaid with a rep Titleist blade set.

He was standing on the 1st tee hitting a 2 iron. The clubhead flew of the shaft and nearly missed my flight who was waiting.

Personally i would never buy rep/fake golf equipment for that simple reason

Carpe Diem

Cats

Exactly thats the main reason not to buy a rep club.

RepMaker dont look so much on safeness and durability.

Imagine you buy one good real one which lasts for a "long" time. Or you but 4-5 rep for the same price. And you would not have the same fun in playing with.

Just buy a decent used set, ie. last years models. People are constantly upgrading their golf equipment and there is always tons of good deals out there. Even ebay has good deals now and then on complete sets, especially from reputable golf retailers.

You can get a Great set of second hand irons at any good golf store. I just purchased a set of Taylor Made burners with bubble shafts for $110 in near perfect condition.

There is a difference between reps and knock-offs. There are plenty of knock-offs that are very good quality.

I have a set of Calloway X20 which are a nice set of irons but I need a good Driver so was looking on Ebay and there are a few FT-iq which are obv reps.

The Gen costs $500 and the rep about 1/2

so any one know a good source/website?

I have a set of Calloway X20 which are a nice set of irons but I need a good Driver so was looking on Ebay and there are a few FT-iq which are obv reps.

The Gen costs $500 and the rep about 1/2

so any one know a good source/website?

try:

www.tgw.com

www.golfsmith.com

You can save a ton by buying last years' models which most golf shops will still have new in stock.

For example, while the FTiq is $499, you can buy last years' FTi for $199.

I'm not familiar with the differences between these two drivers, but I bought the X-18 irons when the X-20's were the current model. The owner of the pro shop where I bought them could have sold me either set, but told me they were essentially the same club. After hitting them both on the range, I couldn't tell the difference, and at $399 vs $699 it was an easy choice.

Now I don't play golf but I would say a set of rep clubs would be next to useless even if the heads stayd attached. There's a lot of tech in a golf club these days and I doubt the rep ones even come close. As stated above I'm shure a SH set would be a much beter propisition.

Col.

Buy a used driver from this year or a last year model which will have at least a discount of 30-40%.

Buying a inferiour quality fake club will only cause trouble.

And if it stays in tact it will never have the same performance as the gen.

Above all it's dangerous to play with these fakes.

My biggest hobby is playing golf.

I couldn't play golf for more the 2 years now because of a bad legg.

Back in the "old" days a played a lot (from back tee with 3,9 ) and i was a caddy for a playing pro's for more the 4 years.

I've never seen a proper replica of any club in my life.

Carpe Diem

Cats