When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well today i received my two untouched crystals and a refund.

i originally sent rocketeer my two crystals on the 14th February. unfortunately even though i sent them using recorded delivery, royal mail decided to hold on to them for three weeks resulting in me missing the first run. All this time they where with rocketeer waiting for the second run. i then last week asked rocketeer to please send my crystals back to me and issue me a refund.

the crystals arrived back to me in the same packet untouched. no green tint on nothing.

I really think this is no scam, but a case of non prepped crystals...

the crystals that had no AR on them in the first place seemed to get the "normal" CT AR... those who were not prepped correctely

were damaged in the run and either have a yellowish tint because they were not prepped right or were recoated in the uk...

I guess you "just" need to give him more time. I know I can say this easyily not beeing involved, but it looks like he tries to sort out all the

problems...

just my 2 cents...

:)

The 2 Breitling look good, I'm glad some members get their reward. Or let's say it, what they paid for.

For the rest, sorry, can't agree.

For the badly prepped thing : none of our business, Rocketeer had to prepare them correctly. Period. If the prep was done by the owner of the crystal, it's an other matter.

But may I remind that Chieftang has not reported any issue in his runs, so I don't see why when the crystals landed in the UK, they suddendly appeared to be badly coated, screwed, broken. Only a croocked dealer would pretend that happened during transportation...

As an update (or re-update) I was asked by Rocketeer if I wanted the bad Chieftang crystal (not my words) and the broken one now (5mm thick !!), or wait for a local UK run and a replacement crystal.

I chose the first solution, and the only answer I get is again an automated message.

Understanding of a guy beeing swamped, I have. Excuses for lying (we have so many examples) and putting the fault on Chief's run : make up your mind.

One more week, I'm flying to Liverpool, then drive 2,5 hours and knock at Rocketeer's door. I asked for an appointment : no answer ^_^

Thanks for your comments guys...but the credit goes to CT,his AR is from another planet indeed :1a: .It takes the looks of the

watch to a whole different level :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Especially for the Datora,it brings up the white dial and the silver hands along with the red color of the marks and the date marker.

Before the coating the dial looked creamy and the colors were very faint,not to mention the crisp crystal clear look.

I will use CT's services again without second thought for my UPO,it is the most essential mod this watch needs in order to

get a more gen like look(besides the gen crown and tube which i have already replaced!!!)

Thanks again Chief,i am more than satisfied with your services.

There's indeed one thing we can't deny in this whole mess : Chieftang's AR is the best I ever saw (well, let's say the latest batches from J. were comparable, but we all know how it turned)

This is probably why we all "fight" everytime a new run is launched, because we can't get the same quality elsewhere.

Factory AR is often average to bad. Local coating labs are often the same who make eyeglasses coating, and even if the result is correct, it's neither superior to the factory's coating nor giving this feeling of the crystal disappearing.

We indeed want the genuine Chief's AR, not a rep one :lol:

Hi Guys, first post on this forum.

Like many others I've been holding my counsel until I finally got my watch back from our good 'friend' Rocketeer.

My story started well enough with good communication from Rocketeer in getting on his AR run, and like other members I did as much due diligence as could be considered reasonable. On 8 April 2009 he confirmed via email that my crystal was with Chieftang, and should take around three weeks to be coated and returned to the UK. That

post-23219-1245958246_thumb.jpg

post-23219-1245958287_thumb.jpg

Right I m either not important enough to reply to or I m not important enough to care about, either way no contact has been made. Pix if you dont get any stuff back I ll gladly go to milton keynes with you as I live in liverpool and will split driving costs with you. If someone has had recent contact with rocketeer please tell him to respond to my email/pm/voicemail because if I have to go all that way to get my watch back I ll be "angry" to say the least.

I feel your pain Specialvat.

Rockeeteers rep web site is www.rrwp.co.uk - A serch on who.is (Google search who.is will give you the site) will tell you who registered the website, ie. Rockeeteers real name. For those involved in the run, our order form has his home address and a quick look on UK white pages once you have his name will give you his home phone number rather than his work line.

No one wants to have this escilate out of control and the only way to avoid that is communicate, and it appears the method above is the only hope members have to speak to Rocketeer. MODs - all the info above is public domain and I'm not disclosing any personal details only desrcibing a process, and I'm simply trying to help get this sorted before it gets out of hand. I was as angry as Specialvat and a face to face with Rocketeer would have ended in tears (not mine - I"m 6 foot 5, weigh 20 stone and I'm an ex bouncer into mixed martial arts) - and in all seriousness Rocketeer needs to deal with this before he pushes people too far, and if phoning him at home is the way to do that then so be it.

Hi Guys, first post on this forum.

Like many others I've been holding my counsel until I finally got my watch back from our good 'friend' Rocketeer.

My story started well enough with good communication from Rocketeer in getting on his AR run, and like other members I did as much due diligence as could be considered reasonable. On 8 April 2009 he confirmed via email that my crystal was with Chieftang, and should take around three weeks to be coated and returned to the UK. That

I have been posting my experiences with Rocket over on RWI and see this forum is far more active so thought I better detail my experiences.

Before I proceed I just want to state that I have read all of the posts currently in this thread and see there seems to be a bit of a divide forming as to who is right and who is wrong. I am not asking to be judged or asking for any help. I just want to detail what has happened and where I am at currently. I will hopefully update my progress as and when things happen.

Now on with the show...

I ordered a fully modded UPO from Rockeeter on the 26th of Feb, after a bit of fine tuning the order, paid on the 3rd of March.

Communication started off very well and then went down hill. I posted a thread about contacting him on RWI and from then on in started telephoning him, as I was advised. Communincation improved again.

I saw the status of Cheifs run, realised I had a crystal in that run and asked the question to the forum 'where do I stand'.

Spoke to Rocket and he told me the crystal was bad and was scrap so he could only offer me a stock single sided AR coated rep crystal as a replacement. I accepted because I was getting anxious about the watch.

A little bit of frenzied communication with Rocket saw the watch delivered to me. The watch had a damaged bezel insert which looked like it had been crushed. This prompted me to go over the watch with a fine toothcomb and I found the pearl was chipped. I noticed a few more issues, mainly the movement was loose, an intermittent hack problem & bent spring bars.

I have spoken to Rockeeter and he has offered to replace the Bezel insert with a genuine Omega part. He is going to look into the hack mechanism problem & secure the movement properly. He will also give the ETA movement a full service & he has offered to address the incorrect logo for me. I will replace the bent spring bars at my cost as he is telling me they should be like that. I disagree, but I guess I will find out when I fit the replacements.

I am 100% happy with this solution. I am very happy with the watch (without the problems). The plus side is the lume is excellent. The dial has been prepped nicely, the crown screws in nice & the straps (genuine) really set the watch off.

I have told Rocket of the time frame I would expect this to be done in and also that I will drive down to Milton Keynes & collect the watch. That way I can inspect without prejudice.

Today I spoke to Rocket via email. He has told me he is waiting for the bezel insert to arrive from Texas. I reminded him he had offered me a genuine Bezel and not one from the Bay (strangely enough, they are from Texas too). He assures me the part he will fit will be genuine.

So, I sit and wait until the end of next week.

Hopefully I will be travelling down to Milton Keynes to collect the completed watch. If not I may have to travel down with Pix, Rooster & everyone else.

Anybody know a good minibus firm?

Edited by smithy37

I feel your pain Specialvat.

Rockeeteers rep web site is www.rrwp.co.uk - A serch on who.is (Google search who.is will give you the site) will tell you who registered the website, ie. Rockeeteers real name. For those involved in the run, our order form has his home address and a quick look on UK white pages once you have his name will give you his home phone number rather than his work line.

No one wants to have this escilate out of control and the only way to avoid that is communicate, and it appears the method above is the only hope members have to speak to Rocketeer. MODs - all the info above is public domain and I'm not disclosing any personal details only desrcibing a process, and I'm simply trying to help get this sorted before it gets out of hand. I was as angry as Specialvat and a face to face with Rocketeer would have ended in tears (not mine - I"m 6 foot 5, weigh 20 stone and I'm an ex bouncer into mixed martial arts) - and in all seriousness Rocketeer needs to deal with this before he pushes people too far, and if phoning him at home is the way to do that then so be it.

The funny thing is that it won't help. I have been talking to him on his home, work and mobile numbers since January. It hasn't helped. Look, the idea of a trip to get our stuff and money back is sounding better and better every day. Pix, guru, myself, and perhaps others are starting to think seriously about it. This isn't Poland and we're not dealing with Jakub. I'm currently 40 miles from Rocketeer. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me availability so we can all get together and pay him a friendly visit. Then we hit a pub.

Hi,

called this morning to the private number. No answering machine : actually no answer at all...

I suggest indeed to follow Flightless advice : his private phone is available publicly. Just follow the step explained.

I'll give the number to customers asking by PM. Admins : as mentionned, this information is available publicly in the UK white pages, so there is no disclosure of personal datas.

I doubt however we'll get any answer on this phone either. But I'll try again, night and day if necessary <_<

The last deal was very easy as far as I'm concerned : SEND BACK MY WHOLE STUFF, AS IT IS, AND REFUND ME.

Do you think he had the honesty to answer ?

Rocketeer, what you are doing now is just making people upset, including me, and this will end in a drama if you continue. There have been words about kicking you in the ass, but I do believe there will be one point where you will take physical risks with some members who are not tossing and turning on the boards as we do, but will just knock at your door to punch you in the balls.

And as shocking as it might sound, I'll applause that. You've been too far.

Wasn't going to chip in here again - not wanting to provoke further hysteria and add fuel to the already burning fire - but a couple of points....

1. Just wondering why there's still talk of whether his local AR attempts are up to par (which it looks like they're not, not by a long shot) - it shouldn't be the issue here and you're taking your eye off the prize gents - there's clearly evidence of pre-meditation here in terms of kickstarting his own service, and that alone should be sufficient to condemn him. I don't have a problem with shoddy workmanship anywhere near as much as I have a problem with liars. I agree with Stephane who said in contrast, Jakub's crime was never pre-meditated, just borne out of loss of control, panic, and an easy opportunity to 'escape' the consequences.

2. Green tint to AR? That says to me "optical lab" as it's characteristic of the AR coat applied to glasses. People have investigated this route before and it's always proved not the way to go - significantly inferior to Chief's (and Jakub's) mil-spec AR.

3. Finally, just to share one of the many experiences I had with Jakub that puts Rocketeer's behaviour here into context. This is in NO way a defence of what J ultimately pulled on members here, but worth repeating I think. He once [censored] up a crystal of mine (the 5mm thick 187) - he'd stripped the black/silver rehaut ring off the crystal in prep. As soon as he'd done it, instead of stalling and keeping me in the dark (which he could so easily have done) he 'fessed up immediately, and was hugely apologetic. He subsequently paid for and arranged for a replacement crystal from a dealer (took about a week extra) which he then prepped correctly and coated. He also, without prompting, refunded me the cost of both crystals (I was having a second crystal done at the same time) as a gesture of goodwill. Make of that what you will.

(...) there's clearly evidence of pre-meditation here in terms of kickstarting his own service, and that alone should be sufficient to condemn him. I don't have a problem with shoddy workmanship anywhere near as much as I have a problem with liars.

(...)

Today I've reached a point where I'm not wondering if he should be condemned, but where I want to hit where it hurts... Money.

I'll find a way, as he has activities on the "bright side" (gen watches, gen foras). That masquerade is making me sick, there's no way I will ever forgive all this scam. It IS a scam, I trust at least there's no more member expecting an happy end.

Tried calling several times today, with or without calling ID activated, I think the private phone number might soon be as useless as the pro one.

If anyone is successful, please let us know.

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum. I've been collecting for some years now. I've been lucky to get my navitimer back from Jakub in the past (great job, nice to deal with; wonder what happened to the guy) and thanks to the forum I found reliable dealers with excelent service.

However, customs seized two watches I ordered yesterday and after reading these posts I'm afraid that my PO and Portugieser aren't comming back from Rocket at all (with or without AR).

So that will be a four watch lost; I guess my luck has ended. Maybe I should start collection gens, or find another hobby <_<

Cheers, DP

Hi there,

This is my first post on the forum. I've been collecting for some years now. I've been lucky to get my navitimer back from Jakub in the past (great job, nice to deal with; wonder what happened to the guy) and thanks to the forum I found reliable dealers with excelent service.

However, customs seized two watches I ordered yesterday and after reading these posts I'm afraid that my PO and Portugieser aren't comming back from Rocket at all (with or without AR).

So that will be a four watch lost; I guess my luck has ended. Maybe I should start collection gens, or find another hobby <_<

Cheers, DP

Hey there, so sorry to hear that. Not a good start. But look at it this way: surely it can't get any worse than this! I am sure you'll get your stuff back from R. It's just a question of time...

Today I've reached a point where I'm not wondering if he should be condemned, but where I want to hit where it hurts... Money.

I'll find a way, as he has activities on the "bright side" (gen watches, gen foras). That masquerade is making me sick, there's no way I will ever forgive all this scam. It IS a scam, I trust at least there's no more member expecting an happy end.

Tried calling several times today, with or without calling ID activated, I think the private phone number might soon be as useless as the pro one.

If anyone is successful, please let us know.

If that's the case, then this is an outright case of intentional fraud, so might the time be coming to report this to the police? After all, having crystals AR coated is not illegal, but defrauding people (and UK Trade Descriptions laws may come into play here) is...

Just my .2c... I hope this can be resolved amicably...

Rocketeer has also cut off communication with me too.

After replying one mail and offering me UK AR coating 4-5 days ago (which of course I didn't accepting ... I have asked questions regarding) ..... I get no replies to my emails.

He is not answering calls either.

He is currently holding a BP 5002 and an old case PAM 196

This whole issue sucks.