When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

Pix Posted Today, 10:53 AM

What is wished is some kind of support, whatever it is, to force Rocket to do his duty, as we did our : pay, wait, discuss, express worries, then see that we've been scammed and make it public. NOTHING ELSE. How many posts in this thread brought objective facts and how many posts answered the initial question : please tell us what you have experiences with Rocket and please help us.... Do you want me to make the count ?

Pix

If there were anything that any of us "could do" to make this "right" you know we would not hesitate.. Rocketeer is after all a moder that is endorsed not by RWG but another forum..

I do not believe there is any "leverage" anyone here can put on him,.. and I am just assuming that anything posted on his "Home" forum would be compromised by the powers that be there.

By being allowed the opportunity to post this and discuss this issue here .. I believe this is about all we as a group can do..

I am also assuming rocket has been given a heads up to reply here .. if not then he should be..

and I would like to say to you Pix.. DBR is a man of Honour also..

I believe that in his Profession.. which is largely "Science" (to keep the terminology simple) DBR is on a different "Plain" of communication from you and I.

what I need 100 words to express DBR can do with 10 words.. as his profession and communicating with others in his Profession is more "Academia" .. so his frustration is based on the fact that he is on a very different 'Plain" than we laymen. so don't take it personal.

DBR took time awhile ago to shoot me some pics of stem and movement removal.. know this is not even classed as Minor surgery.. but to me looked like it :rolleyes:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I find concerning with all these type of threads where issues all of a sudden blow up, is the backlog of complaints that suddenly materialize once things come to a head. Not that I had been following Rockets reputation much, but can't say before this AR run there was any indictation of issues with him. Yet we have 2 members speaking up in this thread on problems with previous watches worked on by him. The same happened with Jacob - from everything I read, he seemed like a great guy, the answering posts at all hours, usually in minutes of a query being posted, seemed generous, and I didn't read a bad thing about him. He disappeared, and all of a sudden I see message after message of how hit and miss his AR was, damage to watches, and numerous issues that seemed to be happening for months. TWP was the same, Phoband made a post warning about him, yet that seemed to be the only issue that materialized at the time - until he disappeared - then every man and his dog said they were waiting on watches that were being modded by him, or waiting for new watches they had ordered, or a job he had messed up... there were posts near the end about the latter, but by then it was too late anyway.

Personally, I think as a community we need to be more vigilant about who works on our watches, and if there are issues, that they become known, because this sort of thing will keep happening otherwise. I know I for one would probably only trust Zigmeister with my watches, but being so far away I wouldn't trust the post office enough to send anything.

Edited by phaedo

@lani

and it also would be helpfull if you could adopt a language that more then 50% of the common members here can understand.

Most of us none americans here are educated well enough to understand english to an acceptable agree , so that we might kindly ask you to show some repectfullness for others.

without starting a small forum flame thread.. I don't understand your point Z ????

No.. I do not speak the "Queens English".. I don't even speak "American English" as well as other here.. born and raised in Hawaii we have our own brand..

but if you would kindly clarify, without abuse... your point, I would be happy to oblige..

believe it or not we are all trying to HELP here.. if something is lost in the translation and I have offended .. believe me it was not meant to be.. :)

if can.. can.. if no can .. no can... B) that is how I would put it to someone raised in Hawaii..

A~C

Lani

Personally, I think as a community we need to be more vigilant about who works on our watches, and if there are issues, that they become known, because this sort of thing will keep happening otherwise. I know I for one would probably only trust Zigmeister with my watches, but being so far away I wouldn't trust the post office enough to send anything.

Well said P ... the problem IMO lies that the only time members post here is when something like this occurs.. if they would have been here more often they would surely have read ZM's thoughts on modding and modders and his endorsement of Vac as the only Modder that is worth a look at.

in the past few years this has been a topic that has been of great concern..

RWG .. again this is just one members opinion.. is the only forum where these threads can be discussed freely without moderation unless it gets ultra abusive.. then it has been my observation ... that's when the Mods step in ..not before.

for those who these issues have not been discussed and the "dead horse has not been beaten".. then go back and you will find a mirad of threads that deal with this very issue.

ZM.. has warned us until he is Blue in the face... but members gravitate to other forums.. for wahtever reason..

time to see the forest from the trees so to speak..

A~C

Lani

and I would like to say to you Pix.. DBR is a man of Honour also..

I believe that in his Profession.. which is largely "Science" (to keep the terminology simple) DBR is on a different "Plain" of communication from you and I.

what I need 100 words to express DBR can do with 10 words.. as his profession and communicating with others in his Profession is more "Academia" .. so his frustration is based on the fact that he is on a very different 'Plain" than we laymen. so don't take it personal.

DBR took time awhile ago to shoot me some pics of stem and movement removal.. know this is not even classed as Minor surgery.. but to me looked like it :rolleyes:

Why thanks Lani, very kind of you to say so.....

....apart from the next bit where you then go on to make me sound like a tenured cardiothoracic attending with a nasty case of Asperger's Syndrome :whistling::lol:

p.s. Good to see some communication from the less-than-rocket-speed Rocketeer, and some bits starting to filter through - hope it continues to everyone's satisfaction.

I've just tried to phone Rocket.

I am getting the answering machine too... so no success here either.

Some how I feel that we might get better results if we let either Chief (or anybody else who managed to communicate with him) to centralize the communication and updates with Rocket.

Since Rocketeer makes his home on another forum, has the other forum made a general announcement bringing to light these concerns to the members there?

As I said earlier, this is the exact same scenario that has happened before with other modders, and it will never change because no one wants to speak up. I spoke up many times in the past and got flamed for it by many of the members here, although in each case it turned out that I did know what I was talking about... and even today I know things but am keeping my mouth shut. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that I am being flamed at this very moment on another forum for my earlier comments...

Reality is that no one really wants to know the truth - until it's too late.

I hope it all works out for everyone, but it seems as if some have already been royaly screwed.

Ok, I finally managed to have a word with Rocketeer (it helps that I did all my research before... I had a few numbers that I had forgotten about). We have agreed on a way forward with regard to my watches and the AR crystal. Mind you, we had similar discussions before, but this time I hope he means business. I will keep you all posted about it.

As we suspected, he's snowed under. He sounded like he was swimming in crystals and trying to get a lot of things done at the same time. His wife is giving him a hand too. I would expect that those with healthy crystals should get their stuff back at some stage soon. As for anyone with problem crystals, I don't know. Part of my agreement with him includes a refund for the screwed up AR job. Let's see if he keeps his word.

He had a lot of explanations and views on the issue, but I don't think it's my business to share them here. If he wants to come out and explain he knows that we all would like to hear things directly from him.

Anyway, the good news is that he's not running. He's in his lab trying to deal with the situation.

Well that is good news, so pitch forks away and lets give the man time to do his work properly with out rushing and messing up. Then we will see exactly what has happend when the dust settled.

if you all remember I had a problem with a watch that was sent away for some work a while ago with Micheal Allen Watchmaker, and the way to deal with this is calm and patiently.

Utter, utter BS I'm shure!

Chief does not send out less than perfect crystals and to insult him in that statement (and that's how it reads to me) is appaling!

Thanks trailboss. I certainly try not to in my own runs, although some do slip by sometimes..... But without rehashing the entire situation here, this is a special case in which Rocketeer agreed to do all the prep work and accept all the responsibility for less than perfect crystals. So I simply ensured that there was no endemic problem in the run by inserting my own "control" crystal (which I prepped myself, and came back flawless), took a quick at others and then shipped 'em off. Any prep work related problems - and there seems to have been many - were always to be Rocketeer's responsibility, so my usual inspection process wasn't contracted in this case.

PS... A couple more messages have arrived from members who have now received green/yellow crystals from Rocketeer. If they're happy, that's fine, but THIS IS NOT CHIEFTANG AR!

IN AND OVER THE TOP ... bite off more than one can chew.. same senario different dates.. -_-

Point of "FACT" chiefs AR coating, and I have gotten quite a few of my crystals coated.. have never come back "discloured".... I have seen yellowish AR'd crystals ... these have been factory reps that have turned yellow with age... but not one from CT.

The only variance that I have noticed on CT's AR is due to the curvature of the crystal and not the QC of the AR... and I am talking a very small percentage of difference.. of course with a domed xtal your going to get a different look than a flat one.,.. but still colourless none the less.

Loyalty is a good thing.. but "blind" loyalty is something entirely different... ZM has stated the facts and only the facts from Mods gone bad, even to take time to post pics with detailed explanations... yet other forums bash that which is evident right in front of their noses. Makes you wonder who's trying to fool whom.

As far a Zapedeus's comments.. it's obvious to me where he makes his Forum Home, and it's not here... so his comments were like that of a mosquito buzzing around ones ear.. won't last, and can be ignored :)

I would like to make this point; It's high time for all members to take OWNERSHIP and RESPONSIBILITY .... everything from supporting their forums to making decisions based on those who have traveled down the path ...

If you have read ZM's post before and choose to ignore..... "we" ..... have no one to blame but ourselves !!

If you are new here.. ask.. do not hesitate to post a question... unless you want to learn through mistakes which may cost you $$$$... no matter how trivial it may 'sound" we are here to support this hobby for everyone... Inclusive !!

This has been a (IMO) great thread.. hopefully more members will have been enlightened to the "modders" that mod for money, and go in over their heads.. and those that "know what they're getting into and doing".. which RWG endorses only 2 !! ZM and Vac...

A~C

Lani

Any other member would mind to confirm what he sent to Rocket ?

It would be particularly interesting to know if prepped crystals were sent or crystals to be stripped. Because his trend sounds to be : "as I can't obviously say that Chief did a bad work, I'm going to say that the crystals I got were not prepared correctly". One more example of "it's not my fault, it's the other one". I hate that.

@The Zigmeister : do you mean Rocket makes RG his home ? As it's definitely not RWI.

In this case, is there a member who is a regular there who would be so kind and post the same there, to warn people ? I won't do it, as I'm not participating this board at all, and I can imagine that a newcomer shouting "scandal" might be flamed in a minute.

If fixing the screwed crystals mean get a miserable AR coating from the UK, that's not what I want, for none of us.

Rocket, there are very few days left before I keep my word and knock at your door : believe me, I'll do it. :)

@The Zigmeister : do you mean Rocket makes RG his home ? As it's definitely not RWI.

Yes... he is definitely not endorsed by us on RWI..... chieftang would definitely be but he keeps saying no to me :( and as The Zigmeister is the only modder i personally use, he would be most welcome too (i can dream right?)

Seriously though.... this is a bad situation where you have one great vendor (chieftang) who was willing to accept items from someone who has not been endorsed (rocketeer)... i think after chief has had so many things go right that his integrity and word are beyond reproach... so, the issue is with rocketeer... the whole green AR thing sounds like someone tried to do their own run to me...

I am sure that RWG staff will make an attempt to help out as will RWI staff, but please do not lose sight of the fact that you were dealing with a person who was not endorsed by this board to provide the services you requested...

The endorsement matter is understood.

But as far as I can remember, Rocket is not endorsed on RG either.

So what amazes me is how have we arrived there : a mass scam. From time to time we hear of that member scamming this one, behind the scene.

Here we got many members scammed at the same time.

What I mean is : maybe we (We, the Community) should think about a way to avoid that.

I know the first protection is intelligence : but as I said, I don't think we were 32+ idiots.

The other protection could be to forbid posting about members providing services without the acknowledgement of the Administration team, that would of course give it only after the concerned member has proven his capabilities

(NB @Chief : that's not aimed at you, it could happen anytime tomorrow again through someone else : watchsmith of the year discovered, lumer of the year making awesome things, new super AR coater in E.U. etc...)

Wohooo Ash... some words... Now I just pray to God that you will like the watch I sent to you this week.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Haha....I hope so too...otherwise I would have to use my extra special convincing method just for you my friend ;).

nandosxtrahot1.jpg

Edited by ash77

The endorsement matter is understood.

But as far as I can remember, Rocket is not endorsed on RG either.

So what amazes me is how have we arrived there : a mass scam. From time to time we hear of that member scamming this one, behind the scene.

Here we got many members scammed at the same time.

What I mean is : maybe we (We, the Community) should think about a way to avoid that.

I know the first protection is intelligence : but as I said, I don't think we were 32+ idiots.

The other protection could be to forbid posting about members providing services without the acknowledgement of the Administration team, that would of course give it only after the concerned member has proven his capabilities

(NB @Chief : that's not aimed at you, it could happen anytime tomorrow again through someone else : watchsmith of the year discovered, lumer of the year making awesome things, new super AR coater in E.U. etc...)

Hey pix.. I don't know if we can call this a 'scam' as much as one person getting in over thier head in jobs.. althought the green/yellow ar is puzzling as I would bet my collection it did not come from chiefs Coater,.. if it was coated by another source.. then the verb your using does apply .. imo.

but we need solid proof of that. .. as it may have been faulty prep on Rocketeers end... discolouration has a strange way of surfacing after awhile.

And I do believe that the Admin team.. at least here on RWG.. has a stringent system in place for not only modders but sales of high end items and members that are selling them also.. all for our protection.

it would be good for one of them to explain these checks and balances they have for high end sales items etc.

but the best protection we have is warning each other and posting questions about modders outside of ZM and Vac. .. it's the only way we can assure the safetey of the NOOBS that are climbing on board.. as I learned the hard way.. I don't want to see everyone have to go through that as you all are doing now..

Edit add:.. as a note.. in the future there will be more talk.. of the rah-rah- nature for someone clainming to be a modder and enticing members (and I'm not talking about RWG) .. it'll be up to all to decide from past experience weather to roll the dice or stick with RWG's "trusted" and "proven Modders" .. of which are 2 ZM and Vac. anyone else claiming to be a modder with a store at RWG is NOT !!.

but check with anyone at the Admin Team.. if you are approached by someone offering services. :)

A~C

L

Yes I offered to coat crystals that came from watches collected by Rocketeer, after a lengthy discussion behind the scenes and seeing pictures of previous work of his. It was a mistake. And one that I won't ever be making again.

Indeed B.

I thought of that in my head when you posted about hooking people up with this dude,i know you are fully legit and put your neck on the line in this and wondered why,just being a good guy as always i guess,big mistake. Stick with your own thing,you are the best at it.

Good luck to those involved but for me i would only be dealing with Chieftang for this stuff,even if he offered otherwise himself.... :p