When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I hear anything about the progress of my Blackbird I will let you know. I sent it to him for a lume, service and the AR run back at the end of march, and the last thing i heard from him was that he had just paid the duty on the crystals from Cheiftand at the end of May. Fingers crossed I will hear soon, otherwise I will jump in the car and pop over to his address in Milton Keynes.

It looks like Rocketeer has cut off any communication (it was very limited before anyway), with the members waiting for crystals and/or watches.

I am very much afraid that we will never gonna see back our stuff. :o :o

(another great example of scam here and a case similar to Jakub).

If I hear anything about the progress of my Blackbird I will let you know. I sent it to him for a lume, service and the AR run back at the end of march, and the last thing i heard from him was that he had just paid the duty on the crystals from Cheiftand at the end of May. Fingers crossed I will hear soon, otherwise I will jump in the car and pop over to his address in Milton Keynes.

good luck with your Blackbird. I got mine back after 4 month, chrono pusher fall off, movement was overoiled, chronos didn't work anymore and I can see a small scratch onthe dial.

If I were you, I would get that watch back asap and send it to vaccum.

I still have a GMT II with him since 5 month, no communication from his side since March. I am giving up on that watch, RIP

Why would you warn someone you are going to get physical with?

It only gives them time to be prepared.

If he has any sense at all he will have registered threatening phone calls and emails with the police.

If you go there and start performing chances are you will be locked up.

If there is more than a couple of people it gets really serious the police will not care about your reason for doing it at worse what he has done is a misdimena what is being suggested even by the mere suggestion is a felony

Rocketeer complaining to the Police sounds like Michael Jackson singing in London in July... Or Pablo Escobar complaining to the FBI...

Can you imagine that this guy is sooo important that he will be under police protection 24 hours a day... for a watch matter ?

What are you trying to suggest ?

I am not trying to suggest anything as in my experience these sort of confrentations end up in a "Handbags at a 1000 paces" sort of situation with no one doing anything other than threatening.

I don't know how offay you are with the way police in the UK do things .

He will if he compalins of threats get a number to an immidiate responce department

Who will come and lock all you bad boys up

Why would he not be able to complain to the police if this was reported to them it would be l laughed out of court.

The police would not be overly concerned that a few people were missing their Copy watches and crystals

They would however be concerned about threatening phone calls and messages and very concerned if a gang showed up at the house threatening violence.

But you go ahead you obviously know everything and don't see any problem with your actions nothing to do with me just telling you the likely outcome that was all

Just seems silly that you have forwarned the guy and are risking a major proplem with the police

Edited by robj

Guys , you from UK.

It is illegal there to buy replica watches ?? (in some countries its ok to buy them , ... its only illegal to sell them).

If in UK is not illegal to buy replica stuff , then clearly and legally you can call the police and get to his house for getting our stuff back.

And in any case I cannot imagine that is illegal to have watch crystals....... and he still has watch crystals , ... right ???

But you go ahead you obviously know everything and don't see any problem with your actions nothing to do with me just telling you the likely outcome that was all

Sure, I know more about the whole story than you do, and about the involved persons, amounts and backstage actions...

Thx for your advice anyway, sounds reasonable. But we're not into reason anymore with that scammer.

I am not trying to suggest anything as in my experience these sort of confrentations end up in a "Handbags at a 1000 paces" sort of situation with no one doing anything other than threatening.

I don't know how offay you are with the way police in the UK do things .

He will if he compalins of threats get a number to an immidiate responce department

Who will come and lock all you bad boys up

Why would he not be able to complain to the police if this was reported to them it would be l laughed out of court.

The police would not be overly concerned that a few people were missing their Copy watches and crystals

They would however be concerned about threatening phone calls and messages and very concerned if a gang showed up at the house threatening violence.

Just seems silly that you have forwarned the guy and are risking a major proplem with the police

I doubt the AR fraud cases would get 'laughed out of court'. As I pointed out above, someone might have received the replica watch unwittingly... It is not a crime in the UK to own replica merchandise. It is a crime in the UK to offer services, take payment, and then not provide said service. Given the nature of the scam which has taken place here, I highly doubt Rocketeer will be able to bleat "but they are fake watches! Who cares that I ripped them off??" and be let off blame free. His actions (from what I understand) are a deliberate and premeditated act of fraud. Again. That is a crime in the UK, and legally actionable. To put another spin on this... Rocketeer is (from what I gather) a professional watchsmith? (of sorts?) Who is to say that he does not also scam customers who come to his shop with 'legitimate business'? If he's prepared to scam people who consider him a friend, who's to say what he's capable of with the faceless public? No, while a complaint to Trading Standards might result in the complainant getting their watch confiscated (unlikely, but possible) I think the complaint itself would be investigated due to its potential implications to members of the public who might employ his services...

That said, any kinds of threats or violence could also be acted upon by the authorities...

Having received many AR coated crystals from Chief since his first run, I can tell you that the crystals are absouletly perfect and have no damage marks or other imperfections.

For someone to state that they have received damaged crystals from Chieftang is an outright lie, this is begining to show the true character of Rocketeer.

We have all experienced this type of behaviour before with other modders (RBJ, FF etc), blame everyone else for your problems and lie as much as you can.

Is a liar worse than a scammer, or the same...

I have sent Zigmeister 5 watches for crystal removal and double AR from Chieftang. I can tell you that the watches came back to me very quick and the quality was second to none. The work was simply put "flawless". I am really sorry to hear about these bad experiences and hope it gets resolved. Double AR from Chief, and full servicing/relume/ only took 3-4 weeks to get my watches back. I just wanted to add that Zig and Chief get top marks from me ;)

De minimis non curat lex. Law's never been big on comedy :p

Indeed, and as before, if Rocketeer has some kind of watch shop, I don't think that such behavior would be considered not worthy of the law's attention... Local papers frequently warn people against 'cowboy operators' and such scams, which this kind of thing could certainly be considered. I know that the fact it's been done to rep goods weakens the case to a degree, but, I think the fact that the case revolves around services offered and not provided, combined with the potential to affect members of the general public, might mean that at the very least, Rocketeer might have to answer some official questions... As folks have said before, these may be reps, but we're not paying with rep money ;)

We all know there won't be any court involved.

Now as we have not been able yet to have Rocketeer communicate, despite all the obvious evidences of his premeditation, customers' and watch hijacking, proofs of his absolute incompetence, there are not many ways.

As Rooster mentionned it some pages ago, telling what you are going to do is a common behaviour, to force the other party to react, with the hope you won't go into materializing the threats. (so far I personally talked about kicking his ss, mind you, it's terrible... :rolleyes: )

Illegal hobby, different means...

I hate the idea of members like Guru saying that they just stopped hoping anything in return. As long as Rocketeer has not vanished from Milton Keynes, we have all chances to force him to send us our property and legally owned money back.

There's a serious and detailed ultimatum running until 8th july... Not sure it's going to have effects eventually, as we're on 4th already (BTW Happy 4th july to our american members !). I have many hopes on that, as it's the result of a measured member's action (understand, not me)

So the next step can only be more than letters or posts on a forum : it will mean actions in real life. Does anyone think we should just stop, sit and wait ? To be honest (as we are more than he is), it will start with all possible legal pressures. Then, it will, one day or the other, have to end into an encounter, which everyone wants to avoid.

Ultimately, that's my proposal, but noone has agreed (yet), I wonder why :lol:

guillotineu.jpg

I assume that most of you involved in this run paid by Paypal? Was the money sent to Chief or Rocket? If Rocket, could you guys not file a dispute with Paypal? If dozen+ complains surfaced, I'm sure it will wake Rocket up.

I assume that most of you involved in this run paid by Paypal? Was the money sent to Chief or Rocket? If Rocket, could you guys not file a dispute with Paypal? If dozen+ complains surfaced, I'm sure it will wake Rocket up.

Most payments were done in march. I did mine in february. You have 45 days to fill in a complaint.

So it's too late.

When I started complaining in april already, it could have been a good occasion... But it was not taken seriously yet, as most of us still had hopen, and Chief's crystals were not back yet.

Stop the talking and jump in the car already.... jeez. This ain't high school. Sure somebody must have some balls ;)

That will definitely happen or has, and maybe we won't even know.

I know of one person who has been in M.K. 2 days ago, I was unfortunate enough to be too late to give him Rocketeer's address.

Next time maybe :)

Until deadlines pass all we can do is speculate, then we will draw up a direct plan of action. I also have not paid, this does not mean I will let my near new watch be lost. Hope we get a response and a resolution in the next few days.

reagarding the question if Rocket is a professional watchsmith:

He told me that he worked in the Formula 1 business and when he got health problems with his family he made

his hobby for living and quit the F1 circus.