When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

I really cant belive it got screwed again... 5 watches in the k2222-run and now another 3 + a new rubber bezel for my rubberclad ;/

darn... this aint funny anymore!!

Dude, that is tragic! I feel for ya, realy.

I'd be more than a little cross in your shoes.

Col.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a point to ponder, those that have paid already can still file complaints if their PP account is linked to their credit card.

You simply file through your CC supplier, most give you 90 to 120 days.

Ken

Worth trying indeed.

But the problem I see is that my bank accepts a complain when I'm paying on a webstore, once. Easy to say that the store in question was a scam.

Now regarding Paypal : how will I explain that I made many other transactions in the meantime, with the same account and same card ?

My answer would of course be : I've paid one croocked seller this way. And the bank might just tell me that it's then a problem with the seller, not with Paypal, therefore can't fill in a claim against PP.

But I'll try. Could be one "clean" way of getting funds back.

Got a refund today :D

For my very case, I'm half the way.

Besides, some members (including me) got a mail confirming that their watch will be returned as requested...

The fact that Rocketeer responded to our proposal is a sign he took a new direction.

All this has not been useless : I want to believe it.

Let's follow this carefully, maybe the end of a long wait ?

Any other input is welcome

:)

oh I really hope I get mine back,..even with green shitty AR or no AR at all.. just give me my beloved ones back.. ;)

mailed him and got an answer a couple of ours later.. my 3 is going to be sent back tomorrow.. 2 coated one uncoated (by chief due to cyclop) ..

I hold my fingers..

- tazz

Got a working Royal Mail tracking number today.

Seems like Rocketeer held his word this time.

I hope I get what I expect in the parcel, and all this story will be a bad souvenir and a lesson for me.

Also the end of a too long disturbing presence on RWG : I'm conscious I have been here mainly with delicate threads and unfriendly discussions with established members.

It would be good to gather here in a week again and check open issues.

Got a working Royal Mail tracking number today.

Seems like Rocketeer held his word this time.

I hope I get what I expect in the parcel, and all this story will be a bad souvenir and a lesson for me.

Also the end of a too long disturbing presence on RWG : I'm conscious I have been here mainly with delicate threads and unfriendly discussions with established members.

It would be good to gather here in a week again and check open issues.

it's been a tough time for everyone involved....i hope this will be the end of it and on a happier note than with our polish friend.

Got my 2 watches back today. So at least the wait is over.

- IWC Portofino : has received a Chief AR. But I have smudge or other kind of traces on the inside of the crystal (or dial). Don't know yet if that can be cleaned. Also hairs? under the crystal. Otherwise all looks as it was before. I'll take pics and tell you more once I removed the movement, hoping I can fix these things. Depends if it's a question of badly prepped crystal or just smudge.

- Breitling : crystal not coated, as expected. Obviously the bezel was removed with harming tools. That must have resulted in scratches, which have been removed by rebrushing the thing. You can see it obviously with a loupe, by naked eyes if you know it.

Result : 5 monthes, 2 watches which are not in the same clean status as they were when sent. Probably all fixable.

I'll sell the Breitling Asian SFSO later when everything has been thoroughly checked, as anyway I have an ETA one on its way.

For the Portofino, I pray I can fix or have this fixed while servicing it later on too.

I feel relieved, almost happy (imagine you're happy to get back watches that need a fix :mellow: ) But it could have been worse. And I got 100% refund.

I will not thank Rocketeer of course, just confirm he held his word this time.

The only person I want to thank is ROOSTER, as he organized our complaints into something concrete. I don't think I would have got my money and watches back without him. And of course the mods (and admins who have let the thread run.)

Roo, I owe you something.

If you want an Asian SFSO, it's yours ;)

Any other feedback ? The matter should and will be followed until the end.

@Flashman : try to PM Rooster, it seems he's able to communicate with Rocketeer. I just don't know until when... :(

So, after spending quite of my evening on this (it was my first 7750 removal, which worked flawlessly thx to the boards information) here are my conclusions : hairs and smudge on the dial were almost completely removed (I think coton cleaner or something was used, therefore presence of white fibers).

Remain a few hairlines, only visible with a loupe and under certain angles + kind of rest of the previous AR at 2 places, fortunately on the edges, therefore not noticeable once the watch is reassembled.

As I'm pretty sure the coating process was OK (I have received 2 other perfect crystals from an other run), I suppose (said "suppose") that prep work has something to do with it. Although not perfect, the Portofino ends up in being in a good condition and more than acceptable result.

I may keep my Portofino eventually (still have to make up my mind, as I bought a Portuguese in the meantime). Disaster has been avoided, at least for this one.

I won't post pics of the hairlines, as it's impossible to show it in normal conditions.

End of the story for me.

But I stay with all who are still waiting...

Pix - glad to hear that you've finally got your stuff back.

I haven't been following this post recently, but I still have a crystal with Rocketeer (it was one of the ones that had an 'imperfect coating'.....yeah, right), and the last comms I had was on 5th June. I sent another mail yesterday asking for the crystal back, as it is.........so far no response. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm jinxed, as this very same crystal was in Jakub's hands when he did his disappearing act, although I eventually got it back, uncoated.......I haven't worn this watch for over a year now :(

On thing you definitely learn in this hobby, is patience.

I've the Portuguese too, and it will receive a Chieftang's AR very soon, when my watchsmith is back from vacation. Crystal already coated directly with you in the last run :D

Back to the thread : ny other returned watch in the meantime ? :(