When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New ceramic Rolex Submariner

Mickey Padge

Just picked this up from Tony at www.asian7750.com, not an affiliated dealer, but seems to send out great watches :)

I had the black dial version of this watch, and I posted a thread about it here: http://www.rwg.cc/members/Rolex-Submariner...p;hl=submariner

This blue version seems better, especially the pearl. Plus it is not a fantasy Rolex, it has been released, here are some pictures.....

dsc02555a.th.jpgdsc02556w.th.jpgdsc02557q.th.jpgdsc02559o.th.jpg

dsc02560g.th.jpgdsc02561m.th.jpgdsc02562l.th.jpgdsc02563u.th.jpg

dsc02565z.th.jpgdsc02566h.th.jpgdsc02568urc.th.jpgdsc02569x.th.jpg

dsc02557f.jpg

As you can see, a really nice watch! B)

You may notice I have kept the plastic on the bracelet, due to me being skint, this may have to go straight onto the sales forum, but I really don't want too! :mellow:

Comments and observations welcome! :D

You know, that's actually a pretty nice watch. There are two very well executed details that really stand out to me on this- The pearl, which looks pretty good in it's own right (but maybe too 'pearlescent' compared to gen), and the lume on the markers, which looks correct- Kind of like snow packed in the indicies (not glossy lume like the reps usually have).

Swap out the hour hand for one of better shape, and I'd say it's pretty good. Maybe not 100% perfect compared to gen, but still a fun piece!

:)

This is the Asian clone, not bad at all for just over $200 :)

Seems to have blue lume too! B)

The hands and pearl seem bluer than the hour markers, which seem a tad greener, or turquoise.....

dsc02577c.th.jpg

I had to tweak the photo a bit, the camera sees the hour lume bluer than it is to my eye, for some reason....

Is it obvious I love this model? :D The pearl looks AMAZING!!!!

However, can't help but think it does look slightly different than the ones being posted on the other forum that people are ordering from "PWC"

RG Link 1

The blue on yours looks slightly lighter than the other model, slightly less true to the gen. Of course it could be the lighting..

edit: Added a pic of the gen just for peoples references

sub2-2.jpg

Here is another picture of the watch in question under less glaring light. As you can see, the watch has a darker blue then all the reps as far as I can tell.

Image from Rolexreference page

sub1.jpg

sub5a.jpg

and a feature that no rep has copied yet and I wish they would, a microadjustment different from the current DSSD.

sub7a.jpg

Thanks for the pics, Mickey. :good:

Of all the new Rolex divers, only the 166618LN struck me (& remained) as a model I would actually wear. So I might have to consider 1 of these.

In addition to the difference in bezel color & hour hand shape, also note that the numbers on the gen date wheel are serifed & the case edges are sharper & more defined, especially around the CGs. Here is another pic of the gen that illustrates this

166618LN.jpg

Here are some more gen shots :)

img6926i.jpg

m116619blue1.jpg

81291550.jpg

In these shots the blue looks much lighter, and closer to the rep..... :)

EDIT: You guys can really spot these things, I am glad of my ignorance sometimes :p

I can live with a few basic flaws, it's cosmetic problems that do my head in! (dust under the crystal, smudges and marks on the dial/hands etc....)

Now thats the kinda blue i can live with. Looks classy. It is a shame to see the typical raised crystal gone on these new model though.

@MP is the rep color in real life close to these pics?

No the rep is lighter, so is the gen I looked at in my local AD today at lunch time, strange :p

btw the gen is absolutely breathtaking in RL -

don't trust the pics -

sadly waaaaayyy out of my league :)

cheers,

Frank

+1 i had a chance to put one on my wrist recently in AD while in Belgium attending the GTG.

Amazing in real life just breath taking heavy watch if u have a chance go wrist one to enjoy its beautifullnes... But beware ure daydream will end asap u turn around the pricetag... At 20k+ euro its like a slap in ure face and instant wake up ;)

The rep looks decent indeed all do what it tries to mimic is pointless anyone who ever tuched the watch will be able to call u out (as mentioned gen is super heavy) for what is worth dont take it of :)

Laz

Then nothing more to do then enjoy it i sopose... ;)

Laz

Thanks, I certainly will! :)

A guy came into our shop today, wearing a gen rose gold, polished ceramic bezel Hublot, such a stunning watch, I spotted from a mile away! I complimented him on it, and he was surprised I even knew about Hublot watches. He even took it off his wrist and let me handle it! (

Thanks, I certainly will! :)

A guy came into our shop today, wearing a gen rose gold, polished ceramic bezel Hublot, such a stunning watch, I spotted from a mile away! I complimented him on it, and he was surprised I even knew about Hublot watches. He even took it off his wrist and let me handle it! (

Thanks for all your input guys, much appreciated! :)

Well I sized the bracelet, and am wearing the watch now. It's too nice to sell, no matter how much I could use the cash! :lol:

dsc02602p.th.jpg

Cheers! B)

Dammit Mickey! You just forced me to add another watch to my list! :D Love the combo or class/quirky.

If you have or take any more wrist shots (wider, etc...), I'd love to see them. It always helps me decide.

Congrats.