When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROCKETEER = K2222 - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Pix

We all would like to see this resolved for the members well being Rooster..

with that being said... I "decided" to "learn" crystal removal and install.. as I could not see the transition time and logistics back and fourth. and back again ... furthermore... I could not expect the only modder I use to spend time with dozens of watches just for what seemed like a simple enough task (to learn myself)

that would be like asking a mechanic to take in jobs and loose money doing them. (since time is $$)

Couldn't agree more. I never sent Rocketeer full watches just for an AR job. I only sent him crystals. I got them back last week and one of them was screwed (it's the green/yellow one on the UPO that Chief was talking about). But surely we must appreciate the fact that some people simply don't have the skill or opportunity to learn how to remove a crystal. I really don't see how we can blame them.

Having said that, I did send Rocketeer movements and dials for servicing and relume. Failure rate so far has been 100% (meaning none of the jobs that I entrusted him with have either turned out well or turned up at all).

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@lani

and it also would be helpfull if you could adopt a language that more then 50% of the common members here can understand.

Most of us none americans here are educated well enough to understand english to an acceptable agree , so that we might kindly ask you to show some repectfullness for others.

@lani

and it also would be helpfull if you could adopt a language that more then 50% of the common members here can understand.

Most of us none americans here are educated well enough to understand english to an acceptable agree , so that we might kindly ask you to show some repectfullness for others.

helpfull - helpful

americans - Americans

repectfullness - respectfulness

<_<:D:o

...just to light things up a bit... :p

Seriously I do hope things turn to better, shitty things happening i just got ripped of on eBay today :angry2:

Laz

Feel free to post your shipping receipt and you'll have a refund in full from me immediately.

AGAIN, I dont want any refund from YOU Chief. DO NOT READ only the bad in what I write, I begged you already.

I was answering a member telling us that we've been warned : I'm fed up with that ! Absolutely fed up, all the more as these members express their feeling (which I can hear) without having read all the stories we already know (as a thread was already deleted)

As I'm fed up with people playing on words "endorsed modder", "D

@lani

:brow:

Jeez, I thought I'd heard it all, until now...

p.s. I'm a non-American and proud of it :D

A final thought for the other poster up there who called people who send their stuff to watchmakers lazy. Are you for real? Sounds to me like if one messes up a watch by working on it himself, and then spends more money and time to get it fixed, he gets laughed at for being an idiot. If someone avoids such problems by sending it to a modder of some sort before screwing it up himself, he gets called lazy. You've got to be shitting me.

Yes, because that's exactly what I said isn't it? :rolleyes:

I almost missed this "foaming at the mouth" rant, maybe next time you could quote me or refer to me by name instead of "that poster" - that would be helpful thanks.

@lani

What the shit is this?

What the shit is this?

You mean where the shit is this all thread going to ?

I don't like the way it's going to end :angry:

The topic is simple: a guy fucked up...chase him and convince him to make things right.

All the rest is unecessary bullshit & drama! Once again! :Jumpy:

MyTwoBelgianFrancCentsWhichIsNotAlot.

Yes, because that's exactly what I said isn't it?

No, that's the implication.

maybe next time you could quote me or refer to me by name instead of "that poster" - that would be helpful thanks.

I nominate you as sensitive RWG member of the week. :D

But seriously, I'm not here to argue with anyone. So we can keep this nice and respectful. I do wonder nonetheless why threads like these often attract people who don't seem to have much to do with the issue to begin with. It would be nice to hear from some more people who are directly affected or involved. Especially if they have any news from Rocketeer. I just tried to call him again on his mobile and landline, with no success.

No, my post was more to do with Zapadeus trying to call Lani out for the syntax and sentence structure of his postings. Or maybe I am misunderstanding something here?

:unsure:

If so, I apologize now, but based on the tone and feel of the post, it didn't seem to be on the most friendly of terms...

If so, I apologize now, but based on the tone and feel of the post, it didn't seem to be on the most friendly of terms...

Don't think you should be apologising for anything here Ubi, the tone was more than a little rude and came across as an insulting dig about the intelligence/writing skills of Lani.

I'm sure you and I weren't the only ones to think WTF?!

I do wonder nonetheless why threads like these often attract people who don't seem to have much to do with the issue to begin with. It would be nice to hear from some more people who are directly affected or involved. Especially if they have any news from Rocketeer. I just tried to call him again on his mobile and landline, with no success.

Rocketeer was immediately responsive to two email exchanges this morning at approx 8AM PDT (GMT -8 hours). (Editted: AM not PM.)

He does seem to read my emails, so if there's a general (and productive) message that those directly involved would like me to forward along, I'll do so. Just let me know.

PS. If we could keep the noise to a minimum in this thread, it'd be helpful as well.

No, that's the implication.

Actually no, that's your interpretation.

I nominate you as sensitive RWG member of the week. :D

Fine, as long as you accept my nomination of you as the most hormonal.... :p

Fair enough then, my last word, thread back on topic, no arguments, no bitterness, peace, love, hugs all round, hope you get your stuff back etc.....

Ok guys Stephane just said cool it so lets try to keep to the topic without being judgmental with each other.

This is a difficult situation (as they always are when things go bad), but I think it has been pointed out that although slow there is no proof of any scamming yet.

The OP and others are concerned because they have expensive watches in limbo, the Admin team here hopes that this will resolve in the coming week but other than that there is nothing we can, or should be expected, to do.

Chief is upset for the simple reason that regardless of what the OP says about this thread not being aimed at him, a read from the start through clearly shows that there is a connotation of him being at least party to blame, this is not the case.

Ken

Actually no, that's your interpretation.

Fine, as long as you accept my nomination of you as the most hormonal.... :p

Fair enough then, my last word, thread back on topic, no arguments, no bitterness, peace, love, hugs all round, hope you get your stuff back etc.....

eh eh, fair enough! :friends:

Chief is upset for the simple reason that regardless of what the OP says about this thread not being aimed at him, a read from the start through clearly shows that there is a connotation of him being at least party to blame, this is not the case.

No issues with Chief at all. And my issues with R are actually only partly due to the AR run. But I think the general consensus is that Chief has nothing to do with it.

Ken

No. Chief will not be blamed. He's unwinlingly a player of the scam, as E.U. members are. His reputation might keep traces of the bad Rocketeer has done with us, and I can understand he's on the defensive.

I agree that the thread is turning to personal attacks, it should not be the case... except to Rocketeer, which I maintain, is a blatant liar. I can't believe anything of what he says any more. I hope member Smithy will soon post here to prove it.

Chief, I DO apologize if you feel hurt, as I explained you privately, I do not want that. WE do not want that.

And also, I don't want you to think I'm manipulating anything to reveal the truth : truth is truth, and my request for member's testimonies was also aimed at helping knowing what's happening, and of course at finding a way to make pressure on Rocket, which I cannot respect the way I respect any other member here.

That beeing said, I can turn very bitter in front of injustice. And that's what we're living here :

- injustice in having being abused by promises

- injustice in the judgement of some members

- injustice in being considered as having been careless in rushing to Rocket's promises

It's very frustrating to ask for help, and find criticism...

That being said, I'd love the tone of this discussion to come back to normal, and read other posts of members being scammed by Rocket : I learnt so many behind the scene, and can only regret we don't see them here. Friends, I know there's a reason for this, but please take your responsibilities : tell the community (RWG and RWI) what happened, and prove that no confidence can be granted to Rocketeer, whom I hope will be banned from this very place.

Admins, Chief, is you have a way to communicate, do not just transfer Rocket's intention, tell him he should do what he's been appointed to. And not in a month...

I wish I had the wisdom of some of you (especially Lani's one), but maybe I'm too young (40) to take this matter with detachment.

A simple observation - if Rocketeer is responding to emails someone who has his address should simply send one on behalf of the larger group asking what is going on and then post his response. What you don't want to do is scare him off such that the last thing he wants to do is respond or post here. If it is an "in over his head" situation (which is what we all hope) then let's get him to explain the extent to which he is over his head and how he is going to dig his way out.

And there is no reason for anyone to be nasty. This is all about helping members get their watches back. :)

I think he is just BUSY getting things done. It the aftermath of getting the crystals 2 weeks ago, what would you have him do: installing those crystals, quality control and shipping the crystals + watches (apart from his pending watch repair business), OR answering all the emails people have been sending and answering telephone calls keeping him off the job we want him to do so much right now....

For the record, I received my 2 crystals back yesterday from him. And other members also already received crystals back (i heard through pm's).

Cheers,

hooky

My 2 cents...I did not use Rocket for the AR run :rolleyes:

I sent 3 watches by the end of Jan....a Blackbird for reluming and 2 GMT for repair, gmt hand slipping, a well known problem. I was told from Rocket that I would have all watches back by end of Feb.

Status of today is:

I received the Blackbird and 1 off the GMT back after v3 month and calling him every week.

The Blackbird came back and the chrono stop pusher fall off, I was lucky to find the pieces. Also the chrono did not work any more. I sent the watch to D and he sent me pics with an overoiled movement, he was able to fix everything. The lume job for the Black Black Bird was good, :-) hands up for Rocket on this.....

The slipping hand problem on the GMT was fixed, but on the dial 2 index [5] and [7] where relumed with a differrent color. I do not know why this was done. So in other words, the dial looks funny nowand the watch cannot be used any more.

I have asked Rocket now since 6 weeks via mails and phone messages when I will get the other GMT back, but I do not get any answers.

Just my 2 cents, I did a mistake sending the watches to Rocket! There was no positive feedback in any Forums. I trusted him with his posts about reluming . I will never send anything to him again. I bought a new GMT II and he can keep my GMT which he still has, I am done with him and cannot recomment him anymore.

Hope it will work out for you with the AR

Edited by Guru1

Well, my situation with him is as follows: I sent him 3 reps in Jan (BCE, Rolex and Chopard) after carefully researching him, talking to him, seeing his work, etc. All the signs were excellent. Upon reading a thread in which I complained about the lume job on a PAM111h, he also asked me to send him that one too, which he offered to relume for free while he was working on the others. Here's the outcome:

1. BCE sent for relume, date wheel testing & swapping, and full service: Returned after a few months and many many calls and emails, with bad lume job, blobs of lume on dial and hands, scratched dial, misaligned DW, non-functioning chrono, over-oiled and poorly serviced. Had to spend another small fortune just to fix the problems he created.

2. GMT IIc sent for fixing of skipping hour hand and reluming: Returned upon ultimatum given a few months later, with no work done on hour hand, lume partly done, watch in pieces, hour hand in need of replating and reluming.

3. Chopard GMT sent in January for relume: still MIA, and have heard all sorts of stories about the reasons for the 5 months delay. The last one involved an alien abduction. Actually, I made that up. But it might as well have.

4. PAM111, sent in January for relume: still MIA. First he told me had finished it in February, but then it wasn't finished in March, then he told me again that it was done and ready to go in April, but then it still wasn't finished in May. It's June now and I still don't know what the heck he's doing with it.

5. Two crystals for AR: both returned last week. One ok. The other one a complete failure (see pictures of UPO on page 1).