When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

REVIEW - Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine Diver

b16a2

title.jpg

Before I begin, I would like to thank Lazarini for providing me this watch in the first place, communication was great throughout and even after I had received it, he continued the great communication, he is a real asset to the community

Well J. if this is the one I think it is...you made the right move. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If only I wasn't so hungry for more Rolex, I would probably consider this piece seriously. :rolleyes:

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this thread.

Enjoy it a lot and live in good health :group:

Excellent review J, and wonderful pictures as always. It does seem you are having more trouble capturing this in images than usual watches though.. is this correct?

I'm afraid once again I'm going to be skeptical and say I don't think you're going to keep this for all that long. As I read the review I just don't think its 'captured' you. I'm going to make a prediction and say this is just another step towards you aquiring a gen Rolex.. there.. I've said it. :)

Thanks everyone, I am really pleased with this one, can't take it off :)

@Ammandel - I did have difficulty in capturing that watchas I see it through my own eyes. Whereas with my other watches I find it fairly easy to capture how it appears in real life, I found this one very difficult to photograph and show how it really looks. As for the review, I tried to be a little more objective in this one, so don't let that fool you about how much I love it ;) ....however, I do find myself eyeing up those damned Explorer 2's now haha

love those babies -

seems to me though you might think about a stronger sunblock ;)

lol it's funny you should say that because I couldn't understand why my arm looked so red in the pictures! They're no where near red in normal lighting, I've had this a few times where my hands look pink in some of my pictures!? :g: It might be the auto levels etc.. that I applied in PS :)

@Laz - thanks mate, it is truly stunning :)

What a stunning watch! :wub:

Great article as well. Yeah RobbieG really made this watch popular here.

There is a rep available of this model, right? Is it any good?

PS: Do you mind if I move this to "Other Brands" section, or do you want to keep it here? I can also move it to "Other watch reviews" later. Your choice. :)

I HATE YOU!!! ;)

;)

What a stunning watch! :wub:

Great article as well. Yeah RobbieG really made this watch popular here.

There is a rep available of this model, right? Is it any good?

PS: Do you mind if I move this to "Other Brands" section, or do you want to keep it here? I can also move it to "Other watch reviews" later. Your choice. :)

Yes Robbie really did make this something of an icon on this board!

There isn't a replica available of this model as yet (well, not one that is worth buying anyway) There has been some hype of one being in the pipeline, but we'll have to see.

There is a repica available of the newer Maxi Marine Diver Chrono;

ulysse_nardin_maxi_marine_diver_chrono.jpg

Yes Bytor, feel free to move this wherever you feel most suitable, I wasn't sure so I just shoved it in the GD :) Perhaps the "Other Watch Reviews" might be most suitable!

Great review mate. It's so good to see we continue to have such high quality reviews of gens on our forum. The other thing I love is that this is not one of the usual gen watch suspects . Not that I don't love the popular models. But this was really refreshing to see something I never gave much thought to in the past. Thank you for taking the time to share it.

Great review mate. It's so good to see we continue to have such high quality reviews of gens on our forum. The other thing I love is that this is not one of the usual gen watch suspects . Not that I don't love the popular models. But this was really refreshing to see something I never gave much thought to in the past. Thank you for taking the time to share it.

Brilliant watch. Definitely one of my favorites nowaday. The Rhodium dial really sets it apart.

Nice review. I was just wearing mine today in fact and happend to stop by. I suppose it only is fitting I chime in and again sing the praises of this piece being a fairly significant-time owner of several UN's by now.

Hey, as an aside, interesting that your AR has the blue hue and is an older case number. I guess later case numbers (but I don't know at what number they started) got the colorless AR which Chief confirms is the same as what he is using. The funny thing about some of the Divers is that an older case number might eist as NOS for a while bouncing around between distributors and dealers. My case number is in the 6000's and I think there are just over 7000 out now to date. Meanwhile my Dual Time is also a newer case number and it has the blue hue AR. Although on that one I prefer it as it is a black dial and the tint even slight makes it really pop and look more black.

Anyway, if you check out my MMD thread and find the "angle" shot you will see how the colorless looks. It does make the dial look a bit different in a lot of lighting conditions. Almost like two different watches depending on the AR. I'll take two. And to keep good company here is mine on the wrist like it looked today...

UNwrista.jpg

Update. There apparently was no hard crossover date for coatings best I can tell. They have had both for some time and use them on different watches for different reasons which have changed over the years. The black dialed watches supposedly get the tinted and the lighter dialed watches now get the colorless. Of course this is all according to a distribution guy and may or may not be 100% accurate. So you just never know.