When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

>>>>>>>>BULLSH#T POST COUNTER<<<<<<<<<<<

Rolexman

Now here on the new forum I already know a lot about reps. That's why I (and many with me) am not going to post very much/ often.

Just my 0.02

And there was me thinking that you would be the type that does the decent thing and imparts all that great knowledge garnered from others on to the new, naive and shy. Like the replica world relay, passing the baton from one to another. ;)

JTB

JTB makes a valid point, there are many who will increase their post count by giving back to the community.

However there are many reasons why some will always have higher post counts and one of the standout reasons is that they participate.

It has often been said that RWG has a great bunch of Guy's/Gal's I'm sure no one would be able to make that comment if all we did was discuss the technical aspects of watches.

In short what makes this site great is the many different personalities we have, so please remember post counts mean nothing.....................members do. :)

Ken

JTB makes a valid point, there are many who will increase their post count by giving back to the community.

However there are many reasons why some will always have higher post counts and one of the standout reasons is that they participate.

It has often been said that RWG has a great bunch of Guy's/Gal's I'm sure no one would be able to make that comment if all we did was discuss the technical aspects of watches.

In short what makes this site great is the many different personalities we have, so please remember post counts mean nothing.....................members do. :)

Ken

ahh man :unsure: now i gotta change my avatar :o

but seriously, you hit the nail on the nose ken, its the ppl that count here not the post count :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ken

Agreed. I also think that people are excited with the new RWG, and are more likely to post hello's, welcome's etc... I for one had more posts in my first hour on the new RWG than I did in my first 6 months on the old RWG.

People with already 300 posts and up..... YEAH RIGHT, REAL QUALITY THERE!

I can only speak for kenberg and Thor, who are both over 300 posts - most of which are as a result of setting this new place up. Without many of their 300+ posts, we would not be here.

My point is that you must be careful not to generalise your point too much. I have said before, I don't necessarily disagree with this view, however I repeat, deleting the post-counter alone will not solve, what amounts in my humble opinion, to a minor problem.

JTB

I can only speak for kenberg and Thor, who are both over 300 posts - most of which are as a result of setting this new place up. Without many of their 300+ posts, we would not be here.

My point is that you must be careful not to generalise your point too much. I have said before, I don't necessarily disagree with this view, however I repeat, deleting the post-counter alone will not solve, what amounts in my humble opinion, to a minor problem.

JTB

I'm just glad I got member number 69...! No, wait, don't get rid of member numbers..!!!!!

JTB

You're right. I'm very happy with the new forum :notworthy: ..... But I still think we would be better off without the counter :yu:

BUUUUUUULSH#T!

I had 600 posts over at RWGuide which earned me a little respect from the fellow members. I aggree that much knowledge about reps came along with these posts.

Now here on the new forum I already know a lot about reps. That's why I (and many with me) am not going to post very much/ often. The way things are going now all the newbies with the trigger happy post finger earns a false status of wisdom....

Just my 0.02

I could not agree more. This is why I think the post count should only be in the watch related sections which apparantly the idea is still up in the air.

for crying out loud guys...its just a internet forum....as much as i like it, it doesnt fulfill anything if my postcount was 2 million....

i'm sure we all know who are the old schoolers are and who has knowledge in replica watches with memory from RWG.

so it shouldn't really matter....

Very true most of use know each other around here, my only concern is for new people coming onto the board. They won't necessarily know and I'm not saying that's exactly a problem but now that we are able to sell again on the board openly I think we need to make sure that someone with less than honorable intentions hasn't registered within the last few days, gets their post count up and causes problems selling to newbs.

ayeb there should be a breakdown of posts... for example,

Gen. discussion : X

Loony bin : Y

etc but with no total perhaps?

It would also be useful if you could get a list of topics the person has posted in, that may give an idea of how useful the posts are.

It's fine havin some banter as well as serious watch talk. :victory:

Good idea and there is actually a very basic version of this in place already. If you pull up a persons profile it will show where the majority of their posts have been so this can be somewhat of an indicator as to what their contribution is.

Now don't get me wrong guys I agree that places like the loony bin, off topic, GGG, undie threads and even political/religious threads have their place here and are an integral part of what RWG is and has become. I'm also not saying that the people who post mostly in those areas are not contributing as they certainly are since RWG has become more than just about replicas. I do believe however that reps are still the main thrust of this forum! All of the new people who come here aren't looking for pics of hotties or wanting to discuss the finer points of politics or needing to find a place to just act a little loony after a long day at the office; they are here for information on or to purchase replicas. That's why I feel so strongly about this whole post count thing.

Thanks for letting me rant! :p

I think we must all play our part and be vigilant. I was a member of the old RWG for a year - 11 months to be precise. I bow to a lot of the other posters seniority and greater horological knowledge and will always try and point people in the right direction. The mods are also top notch, and will no doubt be vigilant of charlatans.

Actually, come to think of it one of the 1st things that I got on joining the old RWG was Klinks wonderful welcome PM. Is he still doing this? Are plans afoot to create one?

Cheers

you see, we alredy joined this forum at the same time, my counter is low because i like to practise what i preach. let this place be a way for those who are willing to learn when you´ll have something to teach, depeche mode says it so:

Because I like to practise what I preach

I’m not trying to say

I’ll have it all my way

I’m always willing to learn

When you’ve got something to teach

and counting.....

I'm surprised this is still going :blink:

Ok just as a little update you will all notice that your post count bar has now been replaced with a simple title. you will still be able to see how many posts a member has but there will be no powermaxers on the new RWG.

Ken