When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

>>>>>>>>BULLSH#T POST COUNTER<<<<<<<<<<<

Rolexman

Due to that stupid ass post counter I already see many people posting [censored] replies. Some people just love that thing so much that they can't stop posting.....

For the sake of this forum disable that thing so that quality will prevail over quantity!!

Edited by Rolexman

Welcome Rolexman. It was agreed between the team who participated in the move that the post counter would stay for the time being. I agree that the type of posts that you are talking about do exist, but I'm not sure removing the post-counter will completely solve the problem, suffice to say that I don't recognise quality by post numbers alone, however sometimes, eventually, the two do match.

JTB

hey it is a open watch forum , if they want to post idiotic stuff let them , u dont have to read it, just like i dont lol it is fun to see just how far someone will go though lol

Due to that stupid ass post counter I already see many people posting [censored] replies. Some people just love that thing so much that they can't stop posting.....

For the sake of this forum disable that thing so that quality will prevail over quantity!!

Couldn`t agree more!

Welcome Rolexman. It was agreed between the team who participated in the move that the post counter would stay for the time being. I agree that the type of posts that you are talking about do exist, but I'm not sure removing the post-counter will completely solve the problem, suffice to say that I don't recognise quality by post numbers alone, however sometimes, eventually, the two do match.

JTB

How about a max. number of post per day.

All posts above this number are not counted?

Mike

I don't recognise quality by post numbers alone, however sometimes, eventually, the two do match.

BUUUUUUULSH#T!

I had 600 posts over at RWGuide which earned me a little respect from the fellow members. I aggree that much knowledge about reps came along with these posts.

Now here on the new forum I already know a lot about reps. That's why I (and many with me) am not going to post very much/ often. The way things are going now all the newbies with the trigger happy post finger earns a false status of wisdom....

Just my 0.02

Edited by Rolexman

Sorry, but posting a thread about a Bullsh*t post counter is only going to get a lot of people to post in your thread to up their post count. Of course, that's not what I'm doing. I am writing an intelligent reply to a very well-thought-out topic. Unfortunately, this is as intelligent as I can get, sorry.

well, if you are here enough.... you will be able to tell those that post quality (not me) even if their post count is low... anyone could build their post count up... heck... just say hi to every newbie introduction or put a weird looking smiley in a controversial topic or bump an important thread... think I am gonna have to start doing that...

ayeb there should be a breakdown of posts... for example,

Gen. discussion : X

Loony bin : Y

etc but with no total perhaps?

It would also be useful if you could get a list of topics the person has posted in, that may give an idea of how useful the posts are.

It's fine havin some banter as well as serious watch talk. :victory:

I don't really give a crap about the post count. Unless someone starts passing out cash for a high post count it doesn't really matter. Pretty silly thing to get all wound up over. Once you have been doing a little research you find out who has something of value to add and who doesn't. Plus I have to give "Big Thumb" props to Joe for his wisdom....."You don't have to read it"!!!! This internet thing works just like that box in the living room they call the Television.....You can change the chanel :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Peace brothers,

Gpuck B)