When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portuguese Group Buy.....

Richard Tracy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have not received an email regarding shipping. Should I email him, or just keep waiting? Not sure of the proper "protocol" for this yet.

Thanks.

poodang, you've already heard from silix that they rec'd your order... give it another week before worrying about a tracking #... usually by the time a tracking number becomes available, the watch is sitting in your mailbox.

poodang, you've already heard from silix that they rec'd your order... give it another week before worrying about a tracking #... usually by the time a tracking number becomes available, the watch is sitting in your mailbox.

Okay, I'm not worried or anything. Just wondering... that's why I asked the question here instead of pestering Jay with emails. Thanks.

It arrived today!!! Actually yesterday. Fastest shipment ever, online it shows 2 days! Looks great, feels good. One problem, not major is the rotor noise. But on his wrist not loud. Sorry for the lack of info and photos but off on vacation and need to pack. He will be wearing this one in Paris.

Mine arrived today - only three days after it was sent from Shanghai!

It's absolutely gorgeous, just as I'd hoped. A couple of issues though:

1. There's a small piece of dust under the glass, right in the middle unfortunately.

2. The movement is totally dry, and consequently the sub-second hand runs quite jerkily, the rotor is noisy, and the watch runs a little slow. I'll get my local watchmaker to oil it next week

1. There's a small piece of dust under the glass, right in the middle unfortunately.

2. The movement is totally dry, and consequently the sub-second hand runs quite jerkily, the rotor is noisy, and the watch runs a little slow. I'll get my local watchmaker to oil it next week

My sub-second hand is quite jerky, as well. You think oil will fix the problem?

I received a Panda yesterday as well. It is so nice that my girlfriend took it away from me :-(( She is a designer and until yesterday could not care less about watches... Funny.

Question on the mov: 7750 wit sec @6 have problems. This is usually due to the additional moving parts needed to move 3 subdials at the same time.

However, this watch has only 2 subdials. Should we expect the movement to be reliable?

Andy

It arrived today!!! Actually yesterday. Fastest shipment ever, online it shows 2 days! Looks great, feels good. One problem, not major is the rotor noise. But on his wrist not loud. Sorry for the lack of info and photos but off on vacation and need to pack. He will be wearing this one in Paris.

He should join us Paris RepHounds in a GTG and compare it with mine when it arrives. :D

Mine arrived today also. For those that got the gold hands version you will not regret it... its simply gorgeous I can't take it off! very nice and classy.

I did noticed a little noise with the 7750, but nothing major.

Enjoy ... and thanks for the GB!!

Edited by nate922

X2... my rotor spins really hard and noisy as well, and jerky second hands.

Under a 10x loupe though, the dial is very nice! Picked up a BOB strap and IWC deployment on Ebay... ah good times.

If I were you, I'd mail them.

I just got a mail telling me that mine is going out today/tomorrow. I'll probably not get it before next weekend.

Dropped Jay an email today-- received a reply that they are testing the watch and will ship tomorrow as long as it passes.

Im starting to eye the domino now, too....

Dropped Jay an email today-- received a reply that they are testing the watch and will ship tomorrow as long as it passes.

Im starting to eye the domino now, too....

Can someone posting some intruction of how to use the chrono functions on these and what the two sub dial are?

Well, after a little under a week, my watch kicked the bucket and went to watch heaven. The watch worked fine in the beginning, although the rotor was pretty loud, and crown winding didn't sound very smooth, either. The seconds hand was a bit jerky and the watch lost about 5-6 minutes per day. Finally, friday night the watch stopped working altogether. I've contacted Jay about getting a replacement, so we'll see how that goes.

Anyone else having a problem with the 7750 movement? At the very least, it sounds like it could use some oiling.