When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Low Post count

lanikai

I miss Neil (aka TTK) they say he is in the hospital!? Hope he has recovered and will be allowed to bring back the entertainment once again

Did he finally save enough for that transgender operation ???

Demsey Icon

Posted Today, 01:38 PM

View PostPugwash, on 04 September 2009 - 06:09 PM, said:

This place would be less fun without you.

View Postlanikai, on 04 September 2009 - 06:16 PM, said:

and it was less informative with your absence this year

Oh for Christ's sake. GET A ROOM! Homos. Not that there's anything wrong with that. -_-

Hey Dems.. you Homophobic man ??.. not that there's anything wrong with that.. :animal_rooster:

yeah.. we need a villain..or anothe VB... :bicycle: ... Don't believe I said that.. :pardon:

Did he finally save enough for that transgender operation ???

I think he has enough money......now that will be one fierce [censored] :p seriously I wish him well and hope he recovers well and certainly i will respect him no matter what gender he may be

There are no villains so we try to make them. TTK, for instance, was controversial and entertaining.

I think we should lynch you, Mr. Forum famous. You threadcrapped on my OT thread which was aimed at helping us bump past this ho-hum time, not add inches to post count (speaking of which I should bump that, thanks for reminding me). Then you snuck in and bought that moonwatch out from underneath everyone. :angry:

I think he has enough money......now that will be one fierce [censored] :p seriously I wish him well and hope he recovers well and certainly i will respect him no matter what gender he may be

Seriously what ever happened to TTK ? did he just fade away ??

(just keeping this thread going to irratate :clapping: )

Yeha TTK had the secret to throw gazoline on an allready burning fire ... He was puting serious action, but was an awfull collector (at least fro my experience) and his buisness practice were hard to condone on a forum like this ...

but some people I find are a little too quick to flame the noob questions and state "Use the search function. It is your friend".

Maybe, but i somtime miss bricktop on the old rwg, that was funny too.

More seriously, i dont think it's a big drama to have a little less activity. For me that's the quality of post that mostly matter.

And RWG is still THE place to get valuable info.

I have allways been a low poster, maybe because of the language barier, but time to time when i am more in a mood for watch forum, i do here. While i never bothered to participate on other..

Anyway i know that if i need help on olmost any technical matter, i will find suport here.

Also even if the new forum system has caused a few disagrement, i stil found rwg layout far superior too rwi or rg.

Honestly i think i never used those forum because i found them graphically howfull.

So here is my "home" and i dont think it will ever change ...

Since the update RWG is slow as hell. I tried different computers and with all I'm experiencing numerous issues. From unsuspected behavior, slow page scrolling and logg-in to total Window crashes.

It definitely takes the fun out of posting ;)....

I switched my browser to firefox from IE.. like night and day.. I have light speed now.. and since I'm in a valley (forest) my module sometimes cuts off.. but with Firefox I don't loose the info.. that is cool !!

TeeJay Icon

Posted Today, 07:21 AM

View Postlanikai, on 05 September 2009 - 06:12 PM, said:

Probably sitting on a beach in Thailand surrounded by ladyboys

Just lost ma appetite.. :yuk:

I have been around awhile.

The smaller community of the early years on TRC, made for a more lively Forum.

Plus it seems to me that although the quality of the rep watch has increased dramatically over the past 5 years or so,

the fun, used to be as much in the hunt to find one's favorite pieces from some elusive dealer,

or to have established a relationship with a guy like Eddie.

Pams had just been discovered after all. Look where that took us.

20,000 members in any forum will dilute the participation of MOST members and highlight the able contributions of the more eloquent.

And when it comes to contributions...well some of us just have LESS to offer than others.

Pug, By-Tor, The Zigmeister, Ubi and others here, offer way more to this community, as indicated in their post counts, then a guy like me that is just along for the ride.

Whether or not I get involved in most threads has more to do with what other members are involved in the thread. Not being a great photographer, a great modder,

or the greatest public speaker, I often feel as though my contribution is minimal. I continue to be a platinum supporter more as a supporter of this great forum,

than as an active contributor of any value.

I will leave that up to our resident experts.

Seen em come and seen em go.

Interesting read.

I have been around for a while now, joined old RWG and TRC in early 2005. Back in those days. The discussions where about the Submariner Crown guards, the lack of good Breitling replicas, the new Daytona with seconds at 6 and how much we wanted a Sea-Dweller with the correct thick case. A decent Big Pilot and AR coating on replicas were distant dreams..

I collected, traded, posted a lot and learned to perform some basic modding.

Somehow I feel that the replica watch hobby is just not as interesting as before. The more you learn, the more you discover that most of the replicas are quite similar under the skin, "Same stuff, different wrapping". The new replicas are way better than back in 2005. But, the price increase also means that genuine, vintage watches are an alternative (and by then, more varity of movements). With the current, cheaper Sinn, ÌWC Big Pilot and UN replicas it seems like the dealers also are working to get prices down.

Back when I started, I was excited whenever I received a new watch. Nowadays, much of the excitement is gone. The last replica I bought, the Skyland, is excellent. But in many ways it is "just another 7750 chrono", of which I already have six...

The excellent modification tutorials on this forum is seriously some of the best stuff I have read everywhere. Along with the watch reviews and general knowledge of the members, it is what have kept me coming back to this forum. I am also a member on RepGeek, but I rarely visit that place. Just too much garbage over there..

The replica watch hobby has made me interested in the general replica trade. It is a fascinating illegal industry. At the moment, I enjoy shopping replica clothes more than watches.

Well, just some rambling... I think the posting will pick up again. For me, I dont know which direction the hobby will take. Maybe I will move more towards genuine watches, or I hope to dwell more into modding.

I don't judge the company a man keeps, just suggesting a likely entourage given his location :lol:

Sorry .. not judging TJ... thought of the statement as 'young boys' in which case I would have a problem with that.. not the choice of gender.. but the age

:victory:

Right....ive gone outta my way to post some pics and NO ONE has even commented !!! :angry:

look at my pics!!

Serious...it doesnt bother me that no one has replied,..maybe no one interested in a uboat...ok someone reply or the Avatar gets it !!!...(Lanikai)

Sorry Ming.. been glued to the Football games.. (College) some good games and the first time in 5 years I'm able to enjoy Saturday Football (American)

but that is a good looking U Boat !!

Congrats :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Lani

Sorry .. not judging TJ... thought of the statement as 'young boys' in which case I would have a problem with that.. not the choice of gender.. but the age

:victory:

No problem, I just like to promote tolerance of all lifestyles and sexualities :lol: Under other circumstances, I would have just said transsexuals, but given he's in Thailand, I thought best to use the local vernacular :lol:

He had a wound in one foot that he did not treat until it was very seriously infected. He had to return to the UK and the last I knew (about two months ago) it had not been decided if they could save the foot or not.

It is unlikely he will return to the forums anyway, is what I have been told. I was one who was still waiting for a couple of watches from him but I have written them off. He left some bad blood in Thailand and it is unlikely he will be able to do business there again.

He is a guy who has some problems, more than some, less than others, who, it is true, ended up flaking out on some people. But people love to hate (I know this all too well myself) and judge, and so he is ridiculed relentlessly and no one, that I can see, every gives him credit for the role he played in the early development of the forums and this hobby.

How quickly people turn on their own.

This was what TTK did.

I miss the guy, but he wasn't kind to me at the end. Here are his last words to me:

"As for being a friend....get over yourself....numpty.....and don't reference me in future...make comments about my photos or anything else regarding me....otherwise I'll really roast your [censored] on the forums...!"

I still wish him well, though.

He had a wound in one foot that he did not treat until it was very seriously infected. He had to return to the UK and the last I knew (about two months ago) it had not been decided if they could save the foot or not.

It is unlikely he will return to the forums anyway, is what I have been told. I was one who was still waiting for a couple of watches from him but I have written them off. He left some bad blood in Thailand and it is unlikely he will be able to do business there again.

He is a guy who has some problems, more than some, less than others, who, it is true, ended up flaking out on some people. But people love to hate (I know this all too well myself) and judge, and so he is ridiculed relentlessly and no one, that I can see, every gives him credit for the role he played in the early development of the forums and this hobby.

I don't deny the contributions he made, but at the end of the day, the guy was a pathetic bully, so as far as I'm concerned, he well and truly earned whatever karma is throwing his way. That's not me wishing him ill, just saying, the way he acted towards people, well, lets just say payback's a bitch... As for any medical issues, he brings it on himself. He tried claiming that he was 'going blind' through blepharitis, and that the ointments made it nearly impossible to see... Yes. That's why other suffers use the ointment at night before going to sleep, rather than first thing in the morning... Not saying he deserves to get ill, but he obviously doesn't look after himself healthwise, so has no one but himself to blame... Here's hoping he doesn't have to lose a foot.

This was what TTK did.

I miss the guy, but he wasn't kind to me at the end. Here are his last words to me:

"As for being a friend....get over yourself....numpty.....and don't reference me in future...make comments about my photos or anything else regarding me....otherwise I'll really roast your arse on the forums...!"

:rofl:

Oh the fun of taking stuff out of context :D

+1

He isn't a well person. I have watched too many people close to me self-destruct to suggest that somehow they deserved it - I know better.

There is a big difference between a person who comes to a forum with the express and conscious purpose to harm or steal and the person who, because of an unwell mind, alienates even their own friends and, ultimately, ends up harming themselves even more than those around them. I lost a couple hundred bucks, but do I think Neil "ripped me off"? No, he just went down in flames and I would be happy if he just got better (in mind AND body) even if I never recovered a dime from him. At this point I wouldn't even try, it just feels petty. I am quite sure he needs it more than I do.

+1

He isn't a well person. I have watched too many people close to me self-destruct to suggest that somehow they deserved it - I know better.

There is a big difference between a person who comes to a forum with the express and conscious purpose to harm or steal and the person who, because of an unwell mind, alienates even their own friends and, ultimately, ends up harming themselves even more than those around them. I lost a couple hundred bucks, but do I think Neil "ripped me off"? No, he just went down in flames and I would be happy if he just got better (in mind AND body) even if I never recovered a dime from him. At this point I wouldn't even try, it just feels petty. I am quite sure he needs it more than I do.

The treatment he dished out to myself and others, I would consider unforgivable, but, his circumstances have settled that karmic debt, as I'm sure at some point something will settle mine. As I said before, I'm not wishing the guy ill, I'm just saying, he obviously doesn't take care of himself healthwise. I will say, that personally, I have found the forum a more pleasant place since his absence, I hope he doesn't wind up losing a foot, and I'll leave it at that, as far as I'm concerned, the debt is settled.

gisele-bundchen-pirelli-07_500x422shkl.jpg

Apparently TTKs foot is mended and his sexchange completed :whistling: