When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Low Post count

lanikai

I had posted a thread concerning Community involvement regarding posts..

It's not secret .... we.ve really slowed down on our traffic..

Carl suggested we ask .. so what are your thought's .. if you stopped being as active.. why ?

RWG IMO is still the front runner in member's that have made this forum the best with brand knowledge of the genuine pieces.. but we have definately slowed traffic.. even though there are enough members on the board to sustain more traffic..

To bring a post from another thread..

Carl, on 02 September 2009 - 03:33 PM, said:

"Your best source of new business is your existing customers."

I learned that from my boss of many decades ago.

The existing customers aren't posting so much anymore.

I would address that situation first, before asking the noobs why they aren't speaking up.

Even some of our long time members and moderators make few posts now.

I don't know why. Maybe we should ask.

Carl

So what are your thought's ??

L

I am new here, but even I have noticed a drop in posts, I noticed it after the change to the new server, but I don't think it had anything to do with the drop. My guess is that it could be an end of summer thing. In my line of work, everything seems to slow substantially towards the end of summer...maybe the watch posting does too as everybody takes that last summer vacation and get back into the swing of things...

slow for me because im waiting for my 111 to come back from DSN :p

in all honestly, it seems like people aren't talking about anything. Pre new server i could find new posts multiple times a day. Post new server its almost ghost town ish. maybe there isnt any new reps to get people crazy

i'll say it ... it's the new board. i had to take a month off when the new board was introduced because it was just too frustrating to navigate. as most of you know, i posted daily. i'm slowly getting back into the mix again, but honestly wish it had never changed. i will say that things seem to be working much smoother now. our admin team is top notch and from what they say, we needed an upgrade and i believe them. the last thing they want to do is shoot themselves in the foot by doing this. but with that being said, i'm confident that this is the main reason for the drop in posts. i left and came back ... but some, may have just left. don't hate the player ... just talking out loud. :whistling:

I think it was easier to see new posts with the old one and it was therefore quicker to reply. I think much is due to the normal eb and flow due to your northern summer.

The Economic down turn may mean people are buying less frequently so feel less able to contribute. I know my habit has slowed a bit.

Personally it just seems to have turned serious in the last few months and much less light hearted than it was before the change.

I say bring back the old rating system that will bring the punters back both old and new , stuff the speed issues

• Like 1

There probably were a lot of members who bailed when the switch happened and the search wasn't working, the links were dead, etc...maybe there should be some kind of bulk email sent out to members who haven't logged in recently...??? And big props to Admin for getting all that stuff back up and working, being in IT I can understand the amount of work that goes into something like this!

Im not a 100% sure why other members have not been posting as much as they once were. The reason Im not here as much as before Is I am having a lot of problems with the new system. I sometimes have to wait 3-5 min If not longer for anything to happen,It's very frusrating. :yawn: I have tryed to reconfigure my firewall and the firefox thing but nothing seems to be helping much. I dont think this drop In activity Is by happenstance. Take a look at the borad before the upgrade and then take a look at It after, there seems to be a conection. It Is better now then It was so I will try to remain hopeful. :good: Mike

Well, I just tried to post this 4 times previously and was sent to an "error" page.. and this is not the first time..

I'm not "worried' but there has been a slow drop off ... so we as members need to get proactive.. if it is not worth commenting on.. then no harm no foul.. but if as many members voice their concerns then we are working together..

Well, I just tried to post this 4 times previously and was sent to an "error" page.. and this is not the first time..

I'm not "worried' but there has been a slow drop off ... so we as members need to get proactive.. if it is not worth commenting on.. then no harm no foul.. but if as many members voice their concerns then we are working together..

Thanks Lanikai, I thought It was just me :)

Also seeing the posting rate is slow but doubt it has something to do with the new server.

What I can feel is the lack of excitment on the market. Can't really name any truly exciting great new releases after the DSSD. This leaves most of us looking back at the glory days of the old school models which most are no longer available.

It is also sad to see quite a number of the extremely knowledgable veteran members are not posting much nowadays.

I have to use IE6 at work and performance is slow. With all the stuff they do behind our firewall, performance on the forum was slow before, but now really slow with the new s/w. It really limits what I can do.

My post count has been down lately because I have a number of non-watch related projects on the go and haven't had time like I used to. As well, I haven't been buying as much either. Mind you, there are still 3-4 reviews I have been meaning to write up but have not gotten around to as well.

For me...life has taken over a little bit, and the as much as I like the new interface, the performance means I can't accomplish as much as quickly. Searching has been a little harder as well.

Thankfully the Admin team did fix links so that saved a chunk of time on my guides and reviews.

It's a couple of factors for me... I've been focussing a lot of time on networking trying improve my business, I've also been trying to deal with financial issues which require full attention to research to take care of. On top of that, as mentioned, thanks to financial situations, I haven't been buying much, so feel that I don't really have much input to provide in terms of 'new material'. Sure, I'm happy to help out or discuss topics where available, but I do feel there are only so many times I can post the same wrist shot :lol:

I have also noticed the slow down, i may self went throught a period of not posting much at all, I have aslo noticed a lack of feed back to tutorials form the likes of ziggy that he noted a while ago. Maybe it is the time of year, i know that whn i am not at work, at home working on my other work, in the garden tring to sort out the jobs i have been meaning to do all summer (but been to lazy) i am trying to get out for rides on my harley to get some good times in before winter kicks in.

We are still getting some good and exiting reps in, just lok at the Sinn and the UNs, if i had the spair cash i would have ordered both already so i dont think it is that.

May be we have not instilled the sence of community in the newer members yet for them to start posting yet

How about a POM competition???

The things are not as simple and accessible as in the old days....its just become too advanced..cant even see the pictures anymore :1a:

The ggg hype, TTK, highflying..., Rolexawards and the entertainment is not here anymore (you know who :bangin: )

RWG has become to civilized (That is showing too much evidence of moral and intellectual advancement being too humane, ethical, and just to damn reasonable) ...it does not have the new frontier and gun slinging attitude anymore......

......but then I could be wrong as I have so may times before

I love my fiancee and RWG

Gunnar Gran :victory:

Recently, I've posted some how-tos on modding Planet Oceans and I know Ubi has done the same. I've also thrown up pictures of my new Moon Watch. If I post a pictorial or how-to, I know it'll get the same guys commenting on it, then it goes dead.

Do new members feel too intimidated to post?

Maybe we need to revisit the old stuff and spruce it up. I could redo the how to photograph watches series (they dearly need it!) if I thought it'd create a buzz of activity, but if it's just going to be six of my mates reassuring me that it's a good post, I don't feel the drive to do it.

Maybe By-Tor's absence is being felt. :)

Who knows, but RepGeek is generating over twice the postcount of here. :black_eye:

Who knows, but RepGeek is generating over twice the postcount of here. :black_eye:

Now that is not good!

The problem is getting people to reply of course! You don't want a bunch of topics with no responses. The occasional controversial one helps a lot. People are a lot more likely to reply to controversial posts than non-controversial ones.

Just an idea, but perhaps we should look to intro new things as an enticement to increased participation?

For example, I know there must be new stuff coming out all the time but the only time I ever read about it is when someone posts up about them, usually with a "What do you think? Is it good?" type of post. I'm still n00b enough to not really keep up to date with everything (perhaps I'm not committed enough?? :unsure: ) so maybe a thread a week with the new watches that dealers are stocking would be enough to stimulate more posts and perhaps get some sales going too?

I think generally it's just summer and people are busy, and also finances are a bit squeezed at the moment, no matter what governments say about comuing out of recession.

The new skin and layout has, for me, made things harder to find too, but then I shouldn't be a luddite as I'll soon find my way round again ;):D

Thanks must go to admin for striving to make this place better - I'm sure it will all pay off fully! B)

• Like 1